The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Anomalies: reduce respawn rate and/or add dailies and nice drops for them

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Group content with limited viability (no good drops, no daily quest, only useful for one-time quests) and long respawn timers don't make any sense. All three boss types in Craglorn are the same fight at six locations. Eventually with CP, experience, and good sets they can mostly be soloed but as group content make it worth it.

I remember when people used to farm anomalies religiously after Craglorn dropped but that was a long time ago, the long timers aren't needed if the events aren't going to be made more rewarding. Or better yet, add dailies and nice drops to make the zone more fun.

Thank you. :smile:
Edited by tinythinker on December 23, 2017 9:02PM
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People used to farm them for XP, not gear. They've never been really "rewarding" in any sense other than the fact that they used to give a lot more XP.

And yes, while good players can certainly solo them, they're still a decent challenge for the vast majority of players.

I agree that they could use an upgrade ...
    smile.gif
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    People used to farm them for XP, not gear. They've never been really "rewarding" in any sense other than the fact that they used to give a lot more XP.

And yes, while good players can certainly solo them, they're still a decent challenge for the vast majority of players.

I agree that they could use an upgrade ...
    smile.gif

Yes I know they farmed them for XP, I was in the zone, but I was farming the Shadow boss instead :wink: . But now, they sit there unused most of the time unless someone is doing "The Shattered and the Lost" quest, which fewer people have reason to do since it was removed from the required quests for the main story in lower Craglorn.

The cheap/quick answer is lower the respawn rates.

The better answer is add a daily quest giver for the mines, the anomalies, and the burials with a nice quest reward container with desirable stuff (gear, motifs, crafting supplies, something else).

It would make Craglorn much more like Orsinium. They could also add a delve daily (also like Orsinium).

It's a nice zone with great aesthetics, but it doesn't have much to offer for repeatable content in the overland map.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this