Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Official Discussion Thread for "Game Director Letter: ESO in 2017 and Beyond"

• Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved HotR, so more dungeons are really something I'm looking forward to. Although it's a surprise it'll be Nord-themed again (hopefully with the Tsaesci motif? Maybe something about the original Akaviri Dragonguard? ;))

And just bought a new house I'm ready to decorate and stuff full with treasure maps.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is good, I like the ideas coming.

Please, please continue with fixes though! Apostle and Ebonshadow motifs still don't fully register as "known" - makes searching for "unknown motifs" a pain! Please show controller/gamepad mode some love. Console players can't turn off gamepad mode to use addons that fix issues! Please continue with QoL! I love this game, but comparatively, the QoL is still lacking.
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very happy about the year ahead letter!! I really hope housing storage comes with item count increases as well. I can't wait to see more of the details next year. Nicely done, ZOS!

QuNwEq5.gif
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Return to Skyrim with Dragonborn class and Shout class skill line for 2018 here we come yeow!! :smiley:
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pros:
    1. What sounds like transmog (PLEASE don’t blunder it up)
    2. Homestead storage, meaning houses finally won’t be completely useless and huge wastes of time and/or money.

Cons:
    Dragonbones. Really, more Nord crap? Nords are one-dimensional and have a terrible, bland, generic fashion sense. The last thing we need are more Nord-themed motifs/costumes. Summerset can’t come soon enough.
    Edited by ThePrinceOfBargains on December 22, 2017 5:01PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Judging from dung name - 1st dung dedicated to Worm cult, 2nd dung dedicated to Dragon cult.
    Wonder if sets from affilated dungs will follow idea of vanilla theme sets - dragons=buff ultimates; necromancers=resource sustain.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    HOMESTEAD STORAGE!!!!!!!!
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally a reason to buy a house. With the new dungeons coming I will probably start doing pledges again.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    So will there be two dungeon DLCs this year or is it just one dungeon DLC with two dungeons?
    Sounds like it should be two dungeon DLCs, each with two dungeons. So that would be two dungeons with Dragon Bones around February, and two more in the "scheduled" Q3 Dungeon Pack DLC around August. Assuming they keep to the general schedule they announced last year (Q1 - DLC; Q2 - Chapter; Q3 - Dungeon DLC; Q4 - Story DLC).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2017 has been a good year for ESO (although check out my honest version of this article here https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/384820/the-year-behind-what-happened-in-2017 )

Maybe I am mis-remembering but I thought the year ahead article last year said that dungeon DLC's will come in quarter 3?
    While any quality new content is welcome, new dungeons are the least anticipated.

The quality of life features coming in quarter 1 have been requested for so long I feel like adding them to the game will take something away from the forums! I really hope they won't be crown store exclusives.

Finally, I love how the community got a shout out in the article. It is true that ESO is famous for having really helpful and friendly players, almost every time I team up with a random person it is a pleasant surprise. So thank you to the other players, and thank you to ZOS for developing the game we play together, wishing everyone a very happy new year.
    Edited by Jim_Pipp on December 22, 2017 6:10PM
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even if storage is bought will crown I'd still pay for it.
    Edited by Asardes on December 22, 2017 5:46PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I am just stunned that housing storage is coming! There were many welcome tidbits in the letter. Besides storage, the confirmation that transmog is coming soon, and more Nord-themed content were great news to me.

For housing storage, I am expecting a furnishing item (probably from the Crown store like other premium furnishings, or possibly Master Writ Vendor?) like a chest that has an item storage capacity, like an interactive mini-bank. This chest item would have different capacities based on the crown or voucher cost, like a 20-item chest, a 50-item chest etc. The question for me is will it be item-type restricted like a 500-item chest that only holds crafting materials vs a 10-item chest that only holds gear, etc? Will the storage items have cool appearances like a potioneer’s cabinet to hold ingredients or a manikin to hold a set of armor? Or just a generic treasure chest that holds X capacity of any item type?

I’ll be looking forward to seeing how this is implemented!
  • joshfong
    joshfong
    ✭✭
    I like what I see here. The new dungeons (although Nord-based again) are a nice surprise, so thank you. Also looking forward to the transmog-thingy and housing storage.

One thing I'm curious about, though: can we expect further updates to Battlegrounds (maps, modes, other QOL things)?
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything sounds awesome but I just wished the next dlc that was being released wasn't a dungeon one I don't even do dungeons I would rather it be something else oh well lol
  • Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Housing storage! Yes!

Transmogrification! Yes!

I'm excited.

Hopefully, there will be more housing improvements coming down the pipeline.

There are so many unexplored homestead possibilities...
    • Armor and Weapon display stands.
    • In-home permanence for alt characters (log out of an alt in the house, log into another, go to the house, and your other alt is standing/sitting right where you left him/her).
    • Aesthetic NPCs like jesters and musicians and the like.
    • Increasing the furniture cap (my manor is both relatively empty and almost full because of books).
    • Party games, like hide-and-go-seek with stealth/detection mechanics.

A lot of possibilities for 2018. I was hoping for something a little more substantive than just two nuggets, but those decisions may not have been made just yet.

Lots of folks calling for Necromancers, jewelry crafting, and another playable race.
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official nugget thread for the blog article Game Director Letter: ESO in 2017 and Beyond. Check out this blog from Game Director Matt Firor to review ESO's past year, and look ahead to what is next.

hero_pdt_6_nuggets_no_sauce.png

+1 for the nuggets :D
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fortunatto wrote: »
    Nords, again... When are we going to get at least something for AD : / AD need some love too.
    But transmog - yess, been waiting for this for a long time, cant wait to see how this would be implemented.
    Thank you for the great year, looking forward for more to come ♡

Yeah, Nords - but dragons! DRAGONS!

Or a least their bones?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just love how you guys ran with the Nuggets joke.

Starting the new year off with two new Nord themed Dungeons, and it seems like they may deal with either a Dragon Burial site or a Dragon Priest's tomb maybe. If you guys bring us to Labyrinthian that'll be something. That place was huge to me the first time I strolled in there.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bet new cosmtic improvement is Weapon dye :trollface:
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to the next year of ESO! :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But, but the 2018 nuggets were so little. Can we have a meatier nugget?

Its all about being vegan these days. Those are cauliflower nuggets, no sauce to dip in either!
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt Firor wrote:
    The long conversation you have with Sotha Sil at the conclusion of the Clockwork City's main quest is one of my top-five moments from ESO.
    Mine too! Glad the game director shares similar tastes with me, so hopefully we get a lot more awesome one-on-ones with fascinating characters.

I'm also surprised by housing storage! In my opinion, it's not really needed--we'd be just as well served by expanded bank space--but the fact that they're adding it for people who feel housing isn't complete is cool. Sometimes you really do need to focus on form over function. And if storage includes mannequins and display cases, all the better!
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing storage could be amazing or a letdown. I'll hold my opinion on that until we have more details.

2 new dungeons? If the last 4 are any indication I'll likely ignore this one as well. Too long, too hard, too many mechanics and useless item sets. I'd love to be wrong, but this seems to be the direction they want to take dungeons.

A new chapter? I'm fine with this mostly. I don't mind paying for an expansion once per year. I loved the idea of Morrowind but hated all the base game changes that came with it. If they can simply release this chapter without messing around with the game, they might have a huge win with that.

Transmog should be fine. Again it depends on the implementation but as long as they don't lose their minds, we should have something else that players will love.
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to all of this. Wish the dungeons had a different theme because we just had two Nord themed dungeons...but I can't complain about dragons I guess.
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool.
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You put a nugget picture in the opening post! <3

And housing storage too? :smiley:

And another Dungeon DLC...I acknowledge this is an improvement over last Q1 wherein there was no new DLC, but I'm assuming this is going on the PTS at some point? I'm going to have to start a thread now to find people to test with I think...
    Return to Skyrim with Dragonborn class and Shout class skill line for 2018 here we come yeow!! :smiley:

Dragonknights already Shout. And being Dragonborn is a state of the soul, which we lose in the vanilla main quest. So this is never going to be a thing that happens.

#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

EXPECTING SEVERAL HOURS OF DOWNTIME FOR PC/NA.
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if the HotR dungeons and the Dragon Bones dungeons were developed together, with the HotR dungeons just getting finished earlier in the production pipeline. I mean, it's not like we have expectation go get more than 2 dungeons at a time, so they weren't under any pressure to release them all together. It spaces them out more to help fill the quarterly cadence and I'm sure the finer points of the two dlc packs are set apart in their own ways.
  • Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the official nugget thread for the blog article Game Director Letter: ESO in 2017 and Beyond. Check out this blog from Game Director Matt Firor to review ESO's past year, and look ahead to what is next.

hero_pdt_6_nuggets_no_sauce.png

200px-homer-simpson-sabber-8557815935708500597.png

Hhhmmmm, nuggets...
    Pugging. Pugging all the way to victory.
    Imperial Dragonknight --- male, stamina, heavy & medium armor, dual wield, one hand and shield, two handed.
    Breton Templar --- female, magicka, light armor, restoration staff.
    Redguard Warden --- female, stamina, medium armor, bow.
    Breton Sorcerer --- male, magicka, light armor, destruction staff.
    Imperial Templar --- male, stamina, medium armor, two handed.

Daggerfall Covenant loyalist
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is fantastic. Loving every moment I'm adventuring.

The atmosphere is so awesome. Keep up the great work.
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    Gina you are amazing! Thanks Firor for the sneak peak!

So Gina... this means more of the "funny guy" on "the show" right? :wink:

Oh, nothing tops the guy who wore the plushie on his head! That was fantastic :smiley:
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"