Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Could we get an instanced dueling arena?

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This is kind of an odd thought maybe, but I’d like to be able to duel but there’s often just too much lag in most places with lots of players running around, even just at random spots. An instanced arena would help create a lag free environment, where a select group could be invited in. Thoughts? Maybe most players are fine dueling in Wayrest, but those of us outside of the US get a lot of lag in such places.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What you want are dueling tournaments. PPl would queue for these are play against each other until last man standing. If someone disconnects during these he would have 1 minute to reconnect before disqualification. Despite the fact we would see infinite amount of cheese, these would be interesting, I guess. There should be timer included, and if battle is not ended in let's say 5 minutes, sudden death mode would activate, with numerous and deadly enviromental traps emerging in that arena.
  • Niobium
    Niobium
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're after an area to duel, there is a specially designed area just for dueling called Hammerdeath Arena in Stormhaven.

That would suit your purposes. It's not instanced, but it's out of the way and well.. as I said.. it was designed for exactly the thing you want.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surely, I REALLY wouldn't mind if dueling was prohibited inside cities. It's really, REALLY annoying, and it makes the game perform way worse - the lag is horrible. If you travel to Mournhold for example, sometimes we have like a dozen people dueling around the wayshrine. It's really not ok in any way. Trying to check the all traders, having to put up with (the sound of) all these fights around. Why is this even possible?
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On top of the crafting tables/guild traders in Mournhold is not enough?
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can duel inside player housing, which is instanced.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Nephimana
    Nephimana
    ✭✭✭
    Instanced places for duels? People use houses, some people hard core decorate their homes to make colosseum like arenas, fighting pits, some even in the water/the sky where getting knocked off is counted as a death.
    But a ranked sort of system might be cool, maybe below and above 50 queues, win rewards and leaderboards, best to 5, duo and solo options.
    But people already complain about dueling rulse like "stop using soul assult, scrub" "poisons are cheating" "proc sets>skill trash".
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    You can duel inside player housing, which is instanced.

Right housing, totally forgot about that. I guess since I can’t afford a big enough house to really duel.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing is the answer sir!!

But Hammerdesth arena works as there's never anyone there!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone mentioned, hammerdeath is okay.

But I know many people don’t like going to stormhaven for dueling. Some people actually like to stay in their alliance areas. And I don’t believe favoritism towards any alliance by giving only DC a specially designed area for dueling is right way to go.

That arena doesn’t even have a nearby wayshrine or merchants or bankers as often duelers need quick access to

I agree OP. I think instances area’s that duelers can go to should be added.

Housing at this time simply does not work for the following reasons.

-It’s limited to exactly who you know, and wether they are gracious enough to allow guests

-Not everyone can actually afford a decent home to have any real large dueling. The manors are exorbitantly priced. And even then they allow only 24 players at any time.

-The banker and merchants (if owned) have limited functionality inside housing (and in general) to what people actually need. So going to the cities is just smarter and more efficient.

Why would anyone not go to the cities when you think about it?
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never had lag from dueling, but im not on console or a potato.

Even if there was an instance for it, nobody would use it unless forced to. And I dont see banning duels in public areas happening
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never had lag from dueling, but im not on console or a potato.

Even if there was an instance for it, nobody would use it unless forced to. And I dont see banning duels in public areas happening

I think plenty of people would use it.

All they have to do is add a wayshrine for it, have bankers and merchants nearby. And just have it in a neutral location that doesn’t favor one alliance (like hammerdeath arena) which is one of the reasons why hammerdeath is not used.

I don’t agree with banning in the public areas either. It adds flavor to the game and gets new players to take notice and get involved with the more experienced ones
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -It’s limited to exactly who you know
    Seeing as how the reason to ask for instanced dueling areas is to avoid strangers, this sounds like a positive, not a negative.
    -Not everyone can actually afford a decent home to have any real large dueling.
    The Cyrodiilic Jungle Home costs only around 70-80K and has a nicely-sized yard.
    And even then they allow only 24 players at any time.
    I would imagine that, given the reasons behind this request, 24 people is way too many. You might as well be dueling in the city at that point.
    -The banker and merchants (if owned) have limited functionality inside housing (and in general) to what people actually need. So going to the cities is just smarter and more efficient.
    How on earth is that relevant? You're looking for a private place to get away from people to duel without distractions or lag, not for a place to conduct business.
    Edited by code65536 on December 20, 2017 1:31PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    What you want are dueling tournaments. PPl would queue for these are play against each other until last man standing. If someone disconnects during these he would have 1 minute to reconnect before disqualification. Despite the fact we would see infinite amount of cheese, these would be interesting, I guess. There should be timer included, and if battle is not ended in let's say 5 minutes, sudden death mode would activate, with numerous and deadly enviromental traps emerging in that arena.

Extremely unlikely a queue system will be designed for dueling. If it is added, it would likely be similar to BGs and part of a chapter/expansion or possibly a DLC. But again, unlikely altogether.
  • ThinkerOfThings
    ThinkerOfThings
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree...

Dueling in cities can be a problem, a great way to address this concern would be to create an instanced and non-instanced arena area in each city, optimally as a part of the rogues quarter where the fence is. Perhaps with an open area where folks can duel socially ( but away from the major areas of the city and the NPC's ) and have an instanced area for private / guild duels. This coupled with a restriction on where dueling can occur in common areas would help this situation a lot.

Thoughts?
    Edited by ThinkerOfThings on December 20, 2017 8:05PM
    "It is very, very sad being mortal. There is happiness, yes. But mostly sadness. As I have said, count only the happy hours." - Vivec
    XBOX - EP: Sen Sadri ( DE NB )
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    -It’s limited to exactly who you know
    Seeing as how the reason to ask for instanced dueling areas is to avoid strangers, this sounds like a positive, not a negative.
    -Not everyone can actually afford a decent home to have any real large dueling.
    The Cyrodiilic Jungle Home costs only around 70-80K and has a nicely-sized yard.
    And even then they allow only 24 players at any time.
    I would imagine that, given the reasons behind this request, 24 people is way too many. You might as well be dueling in the city at that point.
    How on earth is that relevant? You're looking for a private place to get away from people to duel without distractions or lag, not for a place to conduct business.

1.It’s because people who go to cities enjoy being able to meet and duel NEW people at any given moment, which means having an entire general instance for all duelers to travel to would be a great way to meet like minded people without being limited to player specific bought instances that they could shut off or simply quit playing at any given moment. Making housing inefficient and unreliable for actual dueling. This is a main reason people duel at the wayshrine and inside cities. There are simply more and new people to meet

2. This is an opinion, so in my opinion it’s way to small, so I’ll just agree to disagree here

3. The reason the banker and merchant are relevant is because people need access to these to pull items, pots, gear, food out of their bank. Or swap gears to get on different toons. Merchants to repair gear. This is pretty basic
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on December 20, 2017 8:11PM
  • Zimbugga
    Zimbugga
    ✭✭✭
    Are you guys ever heard about Hammerdeath Arena in Stormhaven? It's original dueling arena, but nobody use it... It has merchant there too. It's placed in middle of map.
    Edited by Zimbugga on December 20, 2017 8:52PM
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zimbugga wrote: »
    Are you guys ever heard about Hammerdeath Arena in Stormhaven? It's original dueling arena, but nobody use it... It has merchant there too. It's placed in middle of map.

As someone mentioned, hammerdeath is okay.

But I know many people don’t like going to stormhaven for dueling. Some people actually like to stay in their alliance areas. And I don’t believe favoritism towards any alliance by giving only DC a specially designed area for dueling is the right way to go.

That arena doesn’t even have a ACTUAL CLOSE nearby wayshrine or bankers as often duelers need quick access to in order to change gear sets/pots/food etc...

Not everyone spent $50 dollars for a halfway functioning banker
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was looking through the houses, which do you think would make the best dueling arena?

I'm now interested in Cyrodiilic Jungle home...

I'll look around more
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was looking through the houses, which do you think would make the best dueling arena?

I'm now interested in Cyrodiilic Jungle home...

I'll look around more

I gotta say:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/crownstore/item/889?pariahs-pinnacle

The huge main room with the vaulted ceiling would make for a classic arena. Alternatively, you could incorporate one of the spaces with a drop off for some fun, fall damage deaths.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”