The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Warden or DK for vTrials?

The_4O4
The_4O4
✭✭✭
Which class is better suited to be a main Tank in a vTrial? I've always played as a DK tank, but I'm relatively new to the end game pve content scene, and I'm wondering if I should switch to a Warden
Edited by The_4O4 on December 17, 2017 3:25AM

Warden or DK for vTrials? 51 votes

Dragonkinght
88%
vailjohn_ESOPinesylolo_01b16_ESOTryxusMalthorneHatchetHarobottleofsyrupWoelerstalkerheroDymenceVulsahdaalDubhliampaulsimonpsHaquorGrabmooreKnowledge17BishopVaohKelO_LYKOS 45 votes
Warden
11%
makrethtwnhnyJade1986theher0notRouDeRTasear 6 votes
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonkinght
    Warden has nothing to offer for a main tank position.

It can be a decent off-tank, however.
  • Nephimana
    Nephimana
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonkinght
    DKs are just much more reliable in self sustaining, but I would like to see other classes be more popular as tanks in trials and even in general.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonkinght
    dk

wardens make decent off tanks
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    yolo
  • HighKinlady
    HighKinlady
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragonkinght
    In my opinion , from what I’ve played as a warden and watched on YouTube / twitch , Warden is a good class for a little bit of everything . However , a Warden cannot replace a DK for a main tank.

Edit : as a main tank .
    Edited by HighKinlady on December 17, 2017 9:47AM
    XB NA
    High Kinlady

PC : Kinlady

• Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Both can be extremely good . I played DK tank for over 2 years and playing a Warden now . I find it to be more enjoyable and more support for group .
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonkinght
    They are very very close, but I still think DKs win for Main Tanking, but Wardens do win as Off-Tanks.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonkinght
    Burst sustain gives DK the win. Though not by a lot.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Warden
    They both have their strengths and weaknesses. However I prefer warden ice tank. The frost staff does need considerable work tho, with no maim option , you are pretty much shoe horned into using a weakening enchant on your staff, and the obligatory crusher enchant on the other. That and we have no group buff for major brutality and sorcery. But we do have a group resist buff , and a group damage reduction thru our ultimate. So we are more defensive, while dks are more offensive.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Jade1986 wrote: »
    They both have their strengths and weaknesses. However I prefer warden ice tank. The frost staff does need considerable work tho, with no maim option , you are pretty much shoe horned into using a weakening enchant on your staff, and the obligatory crusher enchant on the other. That and we have no group buff for major brutality and sorcery. But we do have a group resist buff , and a group damage reduction thru our ultimate. So we are more defensive, while dks are more offensive.

This^

It's more for defensive playstyle or group.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not both?
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonkinght
    Main Tank DKs have an edge. No doubt.

Warden are #1 as offtanks though imo
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Warden
    Tasear wrote: »

This^

The only thing I would change is the aoe for the ultimate, it should be 28 meters that ppl get 30% damage reduction, at least in pve.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonkinght

This^

The only thing I would change is the aoe for the ultimate, it should be 28 meters that ppl get 30% damage reduction, at least in pve.

A 28m AoE Blizzard? o.0 Oh my goodness!
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dragonkinght
    I don't really see any advantages of a warden. For both, templar and nb you can find situations where they are slightly better than a dk, but I can't think of any situation where a warden would be the top choice.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonkinght

This^

28meters? That would be WAY to large, I mean right now it and Nova are pretty much the best Mitigation options for PvE, if you need it. But with 28ms in most cases Sleet Storm would be significantly better with its ability to move, sure Nova works for everyone as long as the boss stays inside it but move out of it and you lose it, its much easier to keep everyone inside of a 28m radius in some fights where bosses move. I mean..... 28meters is huge in this game for an AoE. As well, not a fan of changing how things work in PvP and PvE.

Also, in a not rude way but in a serious way, cause I love tanking and want to see what others think. What would you say the strengths and weaknesses you talked about are? Especially curious about the Ice Staff, cause I personally see very few pros outside of vAS+1/+2 off tanking right now.