The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Natural Predation - Magden 8.5k Birds Are Here!! Build Guide

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Against an opponent with 3600 impen that crit equals a flat average value of 1.33% damage.

1k mag will increase the damage of Screaming Cliff Racer by 135 damage while 1.3% is 169 damage.

So yeah it is splitting hairs but the long run average damage will be higher with the crit.

Plus Stamina from Axiom

@Lexxypwns let me do the math and see!

5.2% penetration is worth approximately 650 DMG on a 13k bird (non shield opponent)

So it'll be 1 mag line + 5.2% real DMG vs spell crit + 270 ish DMG. Well spell crit is worth a real value of 1.3-3% DMG so it's 1 mag line + 2.2-3.9% DMG vs 270 or 2-4% DMG vs 160ish dmg which is about 180 DMG

So spinner's will provide about 200ish more actual damage against a non shielded opponent. Not 200 spell damage, but 200 actual damage.

So for the price of 200 damage you deal full damage against shielded opponents. I think it's worth the trade

PLUS Stamina! Why no one care bout stamina? It's there!
    Edited by Waffennacht on December 13, 2017 2:22AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Witar wrote: »
    Destro staff>Duals for mag warden. Light attack weawing+8% more damage.

Technically yes. However, I haven't been able to burst a good opponent down with staff in PvP in ages. Imo the burst is too predictable.

I've been running destro on warden day 1 and I'm having much more success with DW having a monster set and 2 full sets
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW I do not own spinner's or SPC. But I try not to let that be the deciding factor in sets.

... I have hit for over 10k with deep fissure in BGs with the build... Remember 8.5k bird?

It's the word?

Also Spinner's don't buff heals
    Edited by Waffennacht on December 13, 2017 3:07AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should put Proxy Det on there, drop vamp stun and run Dawnbreaker.

Proxy + beetles + debuff + Bird + dbos = dead target. Especially in the BGs where you can hit a clump of enemies fighting each other.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do u like this better than being Stam warden?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jjitsuboy98 it's really really hard to make that call. Each plays differently and both very fun imo.

I just spent since the time you posted that till now trying to come up with an answer and every time I think I have I think about the other.

I can't say, I think both are extremely fun
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ironshoe7
    ironshoe7
    I put this build together last night to try it out. Was surprised at how fun it was! Birds were killing people, burst was killing people, lost a close 1v1, but only because I didn’t see the second guy come up behind me.

One thing I can’t figure out though, is why you have 700 more spell power than me. I have no gold weapons and main hand is sharpened instead of nirnhoned, and cp is only 520. I know gold is 200. Nirn is another 250 ish. Can’t figure out where the rest is missing from. Max mag is 42k, not sure if that’s it or not.

Nonetheless, really fun build, glad I tried it out.
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    maybe he got spelldmg enchant on restro staff
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BGs gonna be like...

birds.gif
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »

I do, forgot to mention it lol
    BGs gonna be like...

birds.gif

Everybody is all caught up with the Stam warden lol
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »

I do, forgot to mention it lol
    BGs gonna be like...

birds.gif

Everybody is all caught up with the Stam warden lol

Because stam warden has a viable execute and good offensive ultis that scale off your CP.

That’s the thing making stamden unbalanced while magden is still(mostly) balanced. Ultimately they’ll nerf part of the class kit and hurt both magden and stamden :(
    Edited by Lexxypwns on December 14, 2017 10:37PM
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome build, I'm trying it out in my argonian magden :smiley:
    One question though, on an argonian what mundus would you pick? I also like permafrost for the stun so I don't get that extra magicka, with the mage mundus I barely hit 40k max mag but with only 1400 regen, so what would your advice be?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    devilsTear wrote: »
    One question though, on an argonian what mundus would you pick? I also like permafrost for the stun so I don't get that extra magicka, with the mage mundus I barely hit 40k max mag but with only 1400 regen, so what would your advice be?

@devilsTear I would go with atro for the sustain. In PvP it's fine to sacrifice some damage for sustain as more than likely you won't be looking at a change in TTK. While the added sustain will make sure you can finish off your opponent. The Argonian passive will help, but imo 1400 is way too low, with light armor, the atro should get you to 1700, still low, but I think it's the bare minimum
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waffen I hope you know Argonians are bad for every class except stam dk since battle roar took so many nerfs. I mean the race is fine if u just like role playing and just want to play want u like. But if you want the very best don’t pick argonian, you miss out on so much stam, mag, and regen.
    Edited by zParallaxz on December 15, 2017 5:23PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    Waffen I hope you know Argonians are bad for every class except stam dk since battle roar took so many nerfs. I mean the race is fine if u just like role playing and just want to play want u like. But if you want the very best don’t pick argonian, you miss out on so much stam, mag, and regen.

If they're like me, race choice is moot at this point.

If they're like me, the race cand class has already have been picked and then questions asked.

So I always try to work with the information provided rather than just say to change something.

I like Argonians, but it's moot :)

Also the Hist is just freaking awesome, it's the "alien" of ESO
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    devilsTear wrote: »

@devilsTear I would go with atro for the sustain. In PvP it's fine to sacrifice some damage for sustain as more than likely you won't be looking at a change in TTK. While the added sustain will make sure you can finish off your opponent. The Argonian passive will help, but imo 1400 is way too low, with light armor, the atro should get you to 1700, still low, but I think it's the bare minimum

@Waffennacht okay I get what you're saying, I'll give it a go thanks :smile:
  • NoFlash
    NoFlash
    ✭✭✭
    Saved. Magden ftw
    Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @zParallaxz unless you’re running 2500+ regen argonian will give more magika sustain than any other race and it also adds enough stam sustain to basically ignore other sources of it on magika builds.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    @Waffennacht how important is that line of stamina on axiom for your sustain? Can you run spinners instead? You’ll hit harder.

2lines max mag
    1 spell dam
    5.2% penetration

Vs

1 max mag
    1 spell crit
    400 damage.

It would push you to 46k magika and ~2900 spell damage(instead of 3209 with axiom hidden) and add the penetration while costing you 4% spell crit.

Ultimately we’re talking 2-3% damage difference at most

You lose some healing without axiom if you run warden heals though.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What? Are you high? Argonian is like the number 1 magicka race for pvp lol. The healing, max health, max mag, and resource return from tri-pots outweighs all other magicka races. Lol get with the times.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

What? Are you high? Argonian is like the number 1 magicka race for pvp lol. The healing, max health, max mag, and resource return from tri-pots outweighs all other magicka races. Lol get with the times.

It’s not like you can push 50k magika 3k spell damage on an argonian and have significantly better sustain than an altmer would... oh wait
    Edited by Lexxypwns on January 3, 2018 3:30PM
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht @CatchMeTrolling

SPC proc can be back barred. Works the same as alchemist, BSW, wizards riposte, etc. Performs well on my magplar in solo/small scale.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI this build works on sorcs as well :)
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also thanks for spreading this poison :)
    /sarcasm
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s not like you can push 50k magika 3k spell damage on an argonian and have significantly better sustain than an altmer would... oh wait

Yah need to kill ur self if you think argonian is better than a high elf on a mag class or dark elf on magdk.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah show me where u can stack 50mag without necro on a mag char on argonian.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not even worth the discussion argonian is so absurd on mag chars vs other races it will remain content to people who role play, aren’t good at making builds, or just want to play a race because they like the look.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @zParallaxz unless you’re running 2500+ regen argonian will give more magika sustain than any other race and it also adds enough stam sustain to basically ignore other sources of it on magika builds.

U realize that’s only based on potions, on top of you losing sustain from not having a higher resource pool.
    Edited by zParallaxz on January 3, 2018 7:05PM
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yah need to kill ur self if you think argonian is better than a high elf on a mag class or dark elf on magdk.

Instant full stamina and 25%+ magicka every 45secs? 10% additional Healing? Yeah I'll take argonian on magden, magplar, mag DK, magblade. Sorc would be the only class I'd run high elf on. Magdk is best as a dark elf, but easily run on an argonian.