Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vivec PC/NA “OFFICIAL” Discussion

A_G_G_R_O
A_G_G_R_O
✭✭✭✭
Wondering why I hadn’t seen this thread yet, I’m surprised one isn’t actively written on an existing one either as there would be a lot of free time to make posts on how you “packed” up some scrubs whilst you were stacking on crown.

Had a good time getting outplayed by zergs in vivec yesterday. My question is why doesn’t the pop just split to the other cp campaign to allow two* 75% full campaigns. As it is, vivec is the last life boat of the sinking ship that is eso pvp. So let’s debate it here on the forums, the last form of ESO pvp that is lag and load screen free.
Edited by A_G_G_R_O on December 5, 2017 11:33PM
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to vivec. Hope you enjoy your stay.

What faction / guild are you to be playing for?
    Edited by Vilestride on December 5, 2017 3:39AM
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got outplayed uninstalled
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because no one would actually go 75%/75% to the new campaign? I play with my guild, so I go where my guild goes, and my guild goes where the fights are.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what I love about PC/NA Vivec, admittedly being a die-hard Ebonheart Pact player and a dedicated healer...

Vivec is a busy campaign at all hours - I once logged on in the middle of the night and quickly found a group doing semi-organized PVP against other semi-organized groups. Awesome.

Vivec supports all types of play. Solo players, duos, small groups, organized raids, PUG raids, zergs, faction stacks, 1vX, Xv1, gankers, bombers, destro-ulti-pain-trains, open field fights, keep captures, ring-around-the-resource, Alessia Bridge fights, scroll runs, Remember the Chalamo!, emperorship pushes and dethrones, and all in the same campaign! Its actually kind of amazing that Vivec functions as well as it does.

Two things to remember about Vivec, though.

1. When my faction has multiple organized raids + PUGs show up at the same objective at the same time, its strategic movement to an important objective for my faction. Go Team!

When the other factions have multiple organized raids + PUGs show up, they're zerging, and should be ashamed. SHAME!

2. When my faction focuses on one particular faction to the exclusion of the the other one, its because it makes the most tactical and strategic sense at the time given our relative forces and our current score and what's going on with the map. If it looks like we're double-teaming a faction, we're not, it just makes the most sense for us right now!

When the other factions do that to us, its Team Green/Purple/Orange and they should be ashamed. SHAME!
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what I love about PC/NA Vivec, admittedly being a die-hard Ebonheart Pact player and a dedicated healer...

Vivec is a busy campaign at all hours - I once logged on in the middle of the night and quickly found a group doing semi-organized PVP against other semi-organized groups. Awesome.

Vivec supports all types of play. Solo players, duos, small groups, organized raids, PUG raids, zergs, faction stacks, 1vX, Xv1, gankers, bombers, destro-ulti-pain-trains, open field fights, keep captures, ring-around-the-resource, Alessia Bridge fights, scroll runs, Remember the Chalamo!, emperorship pushes and dethrones, and all in the same campaign! Its actually kind of amazing that Vivec functions as well as it does.

1. When my faction has multiple organized raids + PUGs show up at the same objective at the same time, its strategic movement to an important objective for my faction. Go Team!

When the other factions have multiple organized raids + PUGs show up, they're zerging, and should be ashamed. SHAME!

2. When my faction focuses on one particular faction to the exclusion of the the other one, its because it makes the most tactical and strategic sense at the time given our relative forces and our current score and what's going on with the map. If it looks like we're double-teaming a faction, we're not, it just makes the most sense for us right now!

When the other factions do that to us, its Team Green/Purple/Orange and they should be ashamed. SHAME!

• A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    My problem with ESOs AvA, is that it’s own engine and servers can’t support it. Elder slideshow online.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its “PC/NA” not “NA/PC” ;)

You outplayed forum standards man
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    Got outplayed uninstalled
    But... you're the best player. Your thread said so. :trollface:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah It’s true I might create an AMA thread on what it’s like to be the best. I’ve only died to cheese, lag, and hackers .
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    Its “PC/NA” not “NA/PC” ;)

You outplayed forum standards man

I had a feeling the correct layout had been made before and closed so I inversed them Incase they don’t allow duplicate thread titles, guess I could of tried first tho eh?
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you're stretching a bit here in an effort to be even-handed.

DC's #1 goal is to shut down EP. This is fact. It is known.

Everything else that happens in Vivec is a function of that time-worn rule.

Imo I don't see how AD can be perceived as anything other than DC's lap dog. Sure they might nip every now and then, but they put up with getting kicked and starved and are still usually ready to faction stack EP at a moment's notice.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poor AD, I never really ran with AD in vivec or in vivec much . I get the feeling the faction outside of a few exceptions is literally on farm at all times.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got seriously outplayed by DC this evening

zqoqhX8.jpg
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Kartalin damn... you see all those Character Based AoE unblockable And undodgeable ultimates and skills and holding the run key? See it seems you didn’t have counter negates and earthgore to carry and counter their negates and a few people that only spam random abilities like encase or rapids. Which translates to,

You got outPlayed. Luckily there isn’t any elo so you don’t lose anything for being outplayed too hard.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Despite there not being competitive esports that go to 16v16, you have to realize that eso is an AvA game. But you also should know it can’t performance wise support AvA, get outplayed ZoS servers.
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »

zqoqhX8.jpg

15 vs 44 sounds like a fun fight. Where did all your group members die?
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vilestride wrote: »

zqoqhX8.jpg

15 vs 44 sounds like a fun fight. Where did all your group members die?

We killed an awful lot of then, but then I think there was a point where we lost mobility between flags and a couple people (including a dedicated healer) got out of position. it was just a domino effect. The play style really emphasizes coordinated movements, as you well know.

The 44 doesn't tell the full story either, they had siege support from players out of range of Miat's counter as well as snipers and such.
    • PC/NA
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dang was that LoM and who else?
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pugs of Daggerfall (not to be confused with Pugz of Daggerfall) was there too. Possibly CN as well as we saw them with LoM after.
    • PC/NA
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish vivec wasn’t so laggy ping wise, I miss fighting CN, running them off of sotha was the saddest day ever. Guess Kita could only 1 v 20 them so many times before they left to find more competition....
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    @A_G_G_R_O They still [snip] and are very easy meat if you catch them alone, which is why they can usually be found stacked with the faction and LOM also if they're on.

@Vilestride since you ask, yeah I remember that I died on the porch...there was some confusion where we were going on that point XD. I think everyone is dead in a string between me on the porch and where Kart is. You can get away with a mistake like that fighting like 20 people but not 50+, [snip] happens

[Edit for language.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on December 8, 2017 9:24PM
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pzschrek wrote: »
    @A_G_G_R_O They still [snip] and are very easy meat if you catch them alone, which is why they can usually be found stacked with the faction and LOM also if they're on.

@Vilestride since you ask, yeah I remember that I died on the porch...there was some confusion where we were going on that point XD. I think everyone is dead in a string between me on the porch and where Kart is. You can get away with a mistake like that fighting like 20 people but not 50+, [snip] happens

[Edit for language.]

Yeah all fair man. I didn't mean that argumentatively. It was just an observation on the screen shot. Stacked guild groups are much harder to fight than stacked PUGs to. :D
    Edited by Vilestride on December 8, 2017 9:54PM
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't take it argumentatively. It's a fair point. And agreed.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭

zqoqhX8.jpg

that is what quantifies as a dc small man
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭

zqoqhX8.jpg

Those two canadian names. Canadian Sorcerer will always be the OG canadian for me.
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just homed Vivec for the first time. Somebody please teach me how to PvP!
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    Just homed Vivec for the first time. Somebody please teach me how to PvP!

Start with Joy_Division's Guide: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/360956/joy-s-advice-for-midyear-mayhem-event/p1

Its for the Midyear Mayhem event but it is an excellent source for learning the basic information that is crucial to getting around and doing stuff in Cyrodiil. After that, its a lot of practice, a lot of dying, and a lot of learning what works and what doesn't.

Personally I recommend:
    • Wear Impen trait gear
    • Don't be afraid to go tankier than you normally would with your build. You will die a lot anyway but its hard to learn when you get killed extremely quickly every time you try to do stuff. Being tankier will help you learn how to survive, how to read the map and read the battlefield, and what works and what doesn't work on the battlefield. Once you feel comfortable, you can trim your build down to where you want it.
    • Practice dueling if you want to duel. This will help somewhat with getting your burst damage up and letting you know counters to commonly used skills, but its not the be-all, end-all of Cyrodiil preparation.
    • Find a large group or better yet, an organized group, of players to follow around. When you are starting PVP, striking out on your own is hard, often boring stretches of riding followed by quick and sudden death. Sticking with a group gives you greater survivability that, if you are paying attention as you fight, is a valuable chance to learn to PVP. Don't be discouraged by people calling you a zerg-surfer. Technically that's what you are doing, yes, but as long as you pay attention and learn, you are learning the skills that will let you strike out on your own or in small groups. Its much easier to learn those skills from the relative safety of a larger force and then transition to small group or solo PVP than it is for a new PVPer to learn what works and what doesn't solo.
    • Fun challenge: When you feel more comfortable with PVP, teach yourself to solo a resource. If you can solo a resource, you'll always have something to do even if the map is dead. (General tactics: Go into the tower, kill the guards and mender that follow you, kill the tower mage, then clear the flag of the four guards.)

Hope that helps!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the DC defending Dragonclaw last night, I'd like to apologize.

See, my group of EP had just battered down the front door and were busy killing enemies on the transitus shrine when I disconnected. I do the usual thing, re-login, get to Cyrodiil, reappear ALIVE at the Dragonclaw transitus...but in the meantime DC has slaughtered my fellow EP and closed up the door behind us.

I can only imagine what sort of hacks you all thought I'd used in order to appear out of nowhere on your transitus inside your keep with the doors closed, but I'd like to assure you that no hacks were involved in the process. Just ZOS failing to reconnect me in an EP-owned territory instead of a DC owned keep.

(This isn't the first time its happened, there's nothing more amusing than crashing as EP tries to capture Bleakers and then re-logging into a DC owned Bleakers and dying in 2 seconds. ZOS, do you think you could respawn me at the North Gate?)
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    How would we know if you didn’t actually do exactly what you proclaimed you didn’t.... oooh the intrigue
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    How would we know if you didn’t actually do exactly what you proclaimed you didn’t.... oooh the intrigue

At this point, I think I'd take finding an accidental exploit over the mundane explanation that my internet or the server can't handle large battles in Cyrodiil, but I'm not moving to a place with better internet and I'm not leaving Vivec, so I guess I have to live with the occasional disconnect-related glitch. :)