The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hardest class to level

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SisterGoat wrote: »
    I don't remember my stamblade being that hard to level. He's kinda squishy sometimes, but I have 3 self-heals and a healing ult as well.

Well, if you're building a Stamblade for PVP, not only do you need Vigor. In most cases, you need Mages Guild 10. Ontop of getting FG 10. Also their class doesn't have a good AoE in their native skill trees until they get Bow and DW leveled up.
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar is by far easiest.

Ive only gone sorc and warden otherwise. and By far, the hardest was warden.
    But again, ive mentioned this in another thread. it has a lot to do with what weapon you use.

Templar/2H = easy mode
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭
    The OP asked which class is hardest to level. They're not asking about specific roles. Of course it's going to be difficult to level as a tank. They deal very little damage.

For an inexperienced player, my vote goes to stamblade since they lack self-heals and aoe early on. However, there are ways to build around this.

For example, Vampire's Kiss is an easily accessible set that's often overlooked. The heals it provides is more than enough to sustain you in medium to large sized trash pulls.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Vampire's+Kiss+Set
    Edited by Morbash on November 30, 2017 6:48PM
    "War doesn't build character; it reveals it."
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    Illurian wrote: »
    I found my DK Tank a burning PITA to level. I would think that any tank would be tough to level since it takes so much time to kill anything.

I ended up leveling him up exclusively by doing random normal dungeons daily.

Yep, My DK tank is currently level 40 and a PITA to level. Takes almost a minute just to kill ONE mob.

Easiest character to level was my Mag Templar. He was the first character I completed the main quest line on.
    Not sure why everyone is saying Stamblades are hard to level. That's my second character I beat Molag Bal on. Bow/DW is the way to go. I basically AoE stuff down before they can kill me. For the tougher bosses, I just softened them up from range with snipe. You can easily get a boss down to below half health before he even gets to you...then start killer blade spam for the execute damage.

When thieves guild and Dark Brotherhood DLC's came out, the Bahrah's Curse set drastically improved survivability.

That's why I never level chars as tank, except my first one who was strapped for skill points since he had to do everything, including crafting and group content, so for my first months he was confined to 1H+S and a few class skills to do overland content. It was painfully slow. My newer characters started out with DD spec, then grew into other roles as I picked up skill points along the road. I have refined my leveling strategies as the game changed. What I currently do:

0) Pre-leveling - I level the newly created character to 10-15 by grinding and let it "rest" for 6 months and fully train riding. In the mean time I feed it white and green glyphs and trash gear to decon and level the crafting skills. Enchanting takes the longest, maybe 3-4 weeks, while the gear crafting ones are done within a week. I also feed any green recipes which are learned by characters and will help them level provisioning later.

1) Actual leveling 1-50 - Maelstrom Arena, preferably during double XP events, with ambrosia or crown scrolls - got a few of the latter from free crown crates - and purple training gear. It takes 5-6 full runs to reach 50. I never spec any passives, however I do fully spec all active skills from the class lines, 2 weapon lines (resto and destro for magicka, 2H or 2W and bow for stamina). By the time I get to 50 most of those are fully trained to morph rank IV.

2) Post leveling - dolmens, preferably in a zone with decent sets so if I get purple jewelry I can sell it on guild stores. This is for leveling the remaining weapon skill lines and fighters guild - 1H+S for both magicka and stamina, 2W or 2H for stamina, whichever I haven't already leveled, and 2W for magicka (without speccing points into active skills).

3) Craft leveling - begins with a full skill point reset, which is less than 4K since you have less than 80 at this point. Next I spec into Enchanting including Aspect Improvement, translate all the glyphs, then spec into alchemy and provisioning (see stage 0) and level those as well which is very quick; a tip is to craft poisons as you level alchemy, as the solvents are cheaper and also the sale value is higher at NPC - you craft 4 by default, and you can amp that by also speccing into Chemistry and Laboratory Use passives as they are unlocked. The best way is to also discover the reagent properties as you go along, as those will bump your inspiration even faster. See tips [here. At the end I reset the skills again, for a few hundred gold.

4) If I decide to start playing the character right away, I spec the necessary combat skills and passives for the chosen role, and also from the Alchemy skill line the Medicinal Use passive 3/3. If I decide to play the character later, I spec all the crafting lines, but only the main passive, so I can do the daily craft writs, and what skill points remain I spec into a minimal set of combat skills.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    Probably a stam blade

this

Unfortunately, it was my very first character I created. I was totally inexperienced and knew nothing of ESO or the ES universum in general. Only later I found out what I got myself into. I still haven't gotten a good grasp/ handle on my "First Born", and I am a sentimental woman, I chose to make her a crafter and home decorator.
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would've agreed with stamblade as many have said, since it was my first character BUT I decided to make another and venturing into PvP this time it went a lot easier. Mostly because, as soon as I hit level 10 I went in and I didn't leave until I had vigor and caltrops unlocked. Time went quickly as did many deaths, lol. After that I combined both PvE and PvP to continue leveling. The heals and extra AOE helped a lot. I also had my crafter make training gear every 10 levels. So far, my most difficult character leveling has been my argonian healer/Templar...I could probably jab my way to level 50 but it feels to be going very slow...maybe im just unmotivated.
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illurian wrote: »
    I found my DK Tank a burning PITA to level. I would think that any tank would be tough to level since it takes so much time to kill anything.

I ended up leveling him up exclusively by doing random normal dungeons daily.

I need a triple agree here. Whatever you do with class and race, if your points are all in health, it just takes forever.

PSA: If you see someone out there with 45k+ health spending a full minute+ on spiders, please drop an AOE before you go on your way. If we can get to level 50, we'll make the dps que one tank faster.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My stamblade was the most difficult to level and master, but, there is very little she can't solo.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+