Maintenance for the week of November 20:
• No PC/Mac maintenance – November 20
• PC/Mac: North American and European megaservers for maintenance – November 22, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: North American and European megaservers for maintenance – November 22, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: North American and European megaservers for maintenance – November 22, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – November 22, 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)

The Most Efficent Way Alchemy Discovery and Leveling

Royal_Kitsune
Royal_Kitsune
✭✭✭
Please be aware this is the most efficent way I have found to discover all the traits and not waste the more valuable materials ie: lady's Smock, Bugloss, Columbine, ect. If you belive you have a more efficent way of doing this Please post a comment informing me!

Now Question... Anyone have anything they would like to see added to this list or even another topic?
Edited by Royal_Kitsune on December 10, 2016 5:57PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ty this is actually quite useful.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great post!

I executed the research list in post #2 on a new alchemist and I ended up missing the "Restore Stamina" for Columbine. Making one more potion with Blessed Thistle and Columbine did the trick and I unlocked the Botanist Achievement.
    BenevolentBowd, a man of the cloth (metal, wood, provisioning, glyphs, and alchemy), scholar, craftingbagkleptomaniac, and dad.
    PC: NA Server
    Blog: Benevolentbowd.ca
    ESO Calendar: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar
    Golden Vendor History: http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/esotu-chronicle-of-alliance-point-vendor-items/
    Luxury Vendor History: http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/esotu-chronicle-of-luxury-furnisher-vendor-items/
    #ProvisioningTheNewMeta
  • Panacea
    Panacea
    Very nice post, will try cracking on with this later tonight
  • Royal_Kitsune
    Royal_Kitsune
    ✭✭✭
    Ah thank you bow adding that now :)
  • omegabiscuit
    great post! I will definitely be using this
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For learning all effects, sure this is correct.

For raw leveling of the skill, mushrooms, mushrooms, mushrooms and the highest level water you can use at a given time.

Since they all have a "Negative Effect" of some sort, they're generally not used in functional potions right now, and poisons are not yet a feature of the game.

As such, with all the alchemy nodes out the, the poor little 'shrooms are usually left completely untouched or purchased on the cheap!

Here's an awesome link that is great for quick reference, too.
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on September 4, 2015 4:35PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.
  • Atricios
    Atricios
    ✭✭✭
    Just in case no one has told you lately...

You are awesome.

Thank you BIGTIME Royal_Kitsune.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used this guide this evening to begin leveling Alchemy for my new toon. Worked like a charm! Thanks!
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Royal_Kitsune
    Royal_Kitsune
    ✭✭✭
    Glad everyone likes this :)

[SNIP]

[Edited for Bump]
    Edited by ZOS_JohanaB on November 16, 2016 4:25PM
  • M3mn0ch_1987
    [SNIP] Real good guide here.

[Edited for Bump]
    Edited by ZOS_JohanaB on November 16, 2016 4:26PM
  • Uneed2Stop
    Uneed2Stop
    ✭✭✭
    Actually guys there is an app on iphone called esoalchemist. It literally made me discover everything in like 5 minutes
  • i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    Great post man, very well done, did the ESO community a favor with this.
    XBOX ONE - NA
    GT: i3ig Gun
    Legion of Many - Daggerfall Covenant
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the new crafting node scaling in the game, I decided to level alchemy on another character. Also, I thought it would be useful to have a shopping list of mats need for this list. While creating the list, I noticed that one reagent Namira's Rot was used 6 times. In my experience, this reagent is rare and expensive (NA PC).

Here are the possible substitutions to reduce the number of Narima's Rot with much cheaper reagents
    • Blue Entoloma & Namira’s Rot (Invisibility)
      (could substitute Nirnroot for Namira’s Rot)
    • Lady’s Smock & Namira’s Rot (Spell Critical)
      (could substitute Water Hyacinth for Namira’s Rot)

The resulting shopping list
    • Blessed Thistle (5)
    • Columbine (3)
    • Dragonthorn (3)
    • Blue Entoloma (3)
    • Bugloss (3)
    • Corn Flower (3)
    • Emetic Russula (3)
    • Imp Stool (3)
    • Lady’s Smock (3)
    • Luminous Russula (4)
    • Mountain Flower (3)
    • Namira’s Rot (6) or (4)*
    • Nirnoot (4) or (5)*
    • Stinkhorn (4)
    • White Cap (3)
    • Violet Coprinus (3)
    • Water Hyacinth (4) or (5)*
    • Wormwood (6)
    BenevolentBowd, a man of the cloth (metal, wood, provisioning, glyphs, and alchemy), scholar, craftingbagkleptomaniac, and dad.
    PC: NA Server
    Blog: Benevolentbowd.ca
    ESO Calendar: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar
    Golden Vendor History: http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/esotu-chronicle-of-alliance-point-vendor-items/
    Luxury Vendor History: http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/esotu-chronicle-of-luxury-furnisher-vendor-items/
    #ProvisioningTheNewMeta
  • Bnec
    Bnec
    ✭✭
    [Snip] very useful

[Bump Removed]
    Edited by ZOS_JohanaB on November 16, 2016 4:26PM
  • Royal_Kitsune
    Royal_Kitsune
    ✭✭✭
    [Snip] Bow thank you for the shopping list ;)

[Bump Removed]
    Edited by ZOS_JohanaB on November 16, 2016 4:27PM
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sweeeeet. Very useful on new characters!
    PS4 - NA - EP - DaNNyB0y2010
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    Community Ambassador
    Awesome! Have a character I need to do this on so considered recording it to make a quick youtube video. Do you mind? I plan on linking back to this thread in the description :)
    Lone Wolf Help
    For the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.
    PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord | WWW
  • Thyco2501
    Thyco2501
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for posting the guide! Unlocking reagent traits on my alts is going to be a breeze with it :) Got a question.
    Butterfly Thorax & Nirnroot (edited For patch changes)
    Did you mean Butterfly Wing or Torchbug Thorax in this combination? Or both?

Edited by Thyco2501 on October 17, 2016 1:40PM
  • Royal_Kitsune
    Royal_Kitsune
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Awesome! Have a character I need to do this on so considered recording it to make a quick youtube video. Do you mind? I plan on linking back to this thread in the description :)

go ahead it was made to help people :P

@Thyco2501 wing thanks for asking so i notice XD

• ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Several bumps have been removed from this thread. It is fine if anyone would like to post their opinions of this list but bumping and only putting bump as a comment is not acceptable. Please be aware that bumping is strictly against the community rules.
    Staff Post
  • Royal_Kitsune
    Royal_Kitsune
    ✭✭✭
    Several bumps have been removed from this thread. It is fine if anyone would like to post their opinions of this list but bumping and only putting bump as a comment is not acceptable. Please be aware that bumping is strictly against the community rules.

the last bumb was more a way for me to find the thread a little easier as i was about to do a update to it but thank you for informing me i was not aware/forgot about the no bump policy.

Sorry :)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    Community Ambassador
    the last bumb was more a way for me to find the thread a little easier as i was about to do a update to it but thank you for informing me i was not aware/forgot about the no bump policy.

Sorry :)

If you go to your Profile, by clicking on your Avatar on top of the page right under the word Forums, you can then click on the list of Discussions. Those are the threads you have started. Unless your like me and have started more than 140 threads, it is pretty easy, or at least easier to find a thread you have started this way.

You can also Bookmark a thread here by using the Star near your name. This will not bookmark it in your browser, but in your account here, so no matter how you log to the forums, you can find the thread. Come to think of it, Bookmarking might be better to do this with.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

• Royal_Kitsune
    Royal_Kitsune
    ✭✭✭
    ah thank you :)
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like they removed more than bumps as well. I got a note this thread had additional comments but my earlier comment that acted to pseudo-bookmark the thread without actually bookmarking it was removed... hmm... For those that find this thread and otherwise are unaware of the resource, there's also a guide to leveling alchemy and learning traits within Sunshine Daydream's Guide to Alchemy.
    ┌───────────────────────────────┐
    └───────────────────────────────┘
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Kyye
    Kyye
    ✭✭✭
    Lol at the mod for snippin year old comments... Ot thanks for this list will check it out v soon
    XBL GT: CWB Hempire
    Bright moons guide your steps.
  • Royal_Kitsune
    Royal_Kitsune
    ✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    Looks like they removed more than bumps as well. I got a note this thread had additional comments but my earlier comment that acted to pseudo-bookmark the thread without actually bookmarking it was removed... hmm... For those that find this thread and otherwise are unaware of the resource, there's also a guide to leveling alchemy and learning traits within Sunshine Daydream's Guide to Alchemy.

Ah thanks I couldent remeber I will quote this into the top info sheet for safekeeping to prevent its loss again :)
  • Royal_Kitsune
    Royal_Kitsune
    ✭✭✭
    Now Question... Anyone have anything they would like to see added to this list or even another topic?
  • nimo70
    nimo70
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the guide Royal_Kitsune. Think I did everything in the first 2 lists in post #2 (not in order, I'd done some before finding the list), but had to do three more to complete:

Dragonthorn & Torchbug Thorax
    Lady's Smock & Beetle Scuttle
    Torchbug Thorax & Imp Stool