The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

If Man or Mer, Would Your Character Love/Breed with a Beast Race? (Poll)

• MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I nor my Character(s) would never love outside their own Racial group.
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    I'm not terribly romantically minded myself so very unlikely to fall for anyone. But hypothetically, sure.

The taboo against bestiality in the real world is morally right. Animals can't consent. It's bad enough that many people eat them.

Khajiit and Argonians aren't animals. They're sentient beings capable of rational thought, language and all the rest. They're comparable to any intelligent alien species in a sci-fi IP.

I must object. The fact that we classify our races apart from animals says a great deal about our naïveté. The determining factor of social status should be the progress a society has made. This is also my argument for the consumption of animals. They failed to meet the world's standards, so it is only natural that we prey upon them. A world with only the cream of the crop is an efficient one. Looking at the Dunmer, one can see exponential magical improvement stemming from rich and diverse cultures. If one looks at the savage lizards, in contrast, one sees stinking pits if mud centered around primitive nature-worship. Likewise, the Khajiit breed naught but lowlife thieves and impish ruffians. Are these the sort you would let into your home unshackled? Are these the sort you would let near your young ones and family? I, for one, abstain from such foolery.
    Edited by MythicEmperor on September 14, 2017 11:53PM
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I or my Character(s) would love a Khajiit, but not an Argonian
    Since one of my characters is a Khajiit, it would definitely screw another Khajiit. But as far as my other characters go... Redguards, Dunmer and Altmer will be sticking to humans or mer.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Dystopia2020
    Dystopia2020
    ✭✭✭
    Other mer yes, men no, because of life span differences plus I just don't like humans. I am Khajiit and Argonian curious though. I just I should have chose "other" ... oh well.
    Apotheosis Priori~ EP Altmer Vamplar
    Illumanatus Priori~ EP Altmer Mag Sorc
    Apostate Priori~ EP Altmer Mag DK
    Apostate De'Void~ (retired) AD Altmer crafter
    PC/ NA, Vivec
    This is the Spiral Skein. The tower is One. The strands are Eight. The lessons are Forever.
    "No really, I AM an Ayleid".
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    One of the Mer I play has some friends from the 'beast races' even friends that were 'bitten' that she has began to like over time of getting to know them. She has no desire to breed with them though, it is just not there and she doesn't really question it, though has felt this desire with other Mer she has met or seen, other than for some reason the Bosmer - who she thinks of as being very young:)
    Edited by Eporem on September 18, 2017 4:41PM
  • Kierro
    Kierro
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I or my Character(s) would love someone of either Race
    I know you asked for man and mer. I am argonian, and preference would be to mate with an argonian. Male or female it matters not, for we are all one with the Hist. Our bodies are just a shell that our souls inhabit for awhile, before it returns to the Hist for rebirth. However, should a mate outside of my race appear, then I'll take it. One doesn't argue with the Hist about what shell gets your mate's soul.
    Edited by Kierro on November 30, 2017 5:33PM
  • Reventius
    Reventius
    ✭✭
    Lol the 1% that would get scaley with a lusty argonian maid!
    For The Covenant!

"I made the CV for each
    a character with a story comes to life
    without it, it is like the spoon in the cupboard"

-Azurya
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    (Obligatory "Other" Option)
    Khajit? Argonian? Im not into bestialism.

For me, it couldn't be "bestialism" (not sure of spelling, but oh well) if it was a sentient/intelligent entity. I'm sure that in the eyes of an Argonian or Khajiit most of the men or mer look really weird and disfigured.

One of my dunmer has as a backstory that she fell in love with a Khajiit slave, but didn't really realize it until she was about to tell him (in what amounted to "casual conversation" with her "valet/assistant/slave") that a certain group of "less productive" slaves had just been replaced - and realized that her news basically amounted to "I just murdered the rest of your family".

Kind of a culture shock. So she wove a delayed magick to free all the (remaining) slaves, left the residence before it took effect and just kept moving. Ignoring the red glow as the place was burned to the ground behind her.

She never saw him again. She presumes that her actions are unforgivable.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, my characters absolutely would, if the right Khajiit/Argonian came along.
    I mean, have you seen my Khajiit:

YJZtnFC.jpg
  • Dellarie
    Dellarie
    ✭✭
    No, my altmeress would never pollute her pure aldmeri bloodline with some lesser species.
    Edited by Dellarie on December 4, 2017 3:37PM
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonians lay eggs.... not possible with them.

In fact I think even Molag Bal has preferences, cant say ive heard of there being any "daughters of cold harbour" being argonian or khajit.
  • ArrerBoy
    ArrerBoy
    ✭✭✭
    Enough mead in him, and my Nord will couple with anything, even a Hist Tree.
  • PanWriter
    PanWriter
    Soul Shriven
    It depends on the character for me. Some of my characters would never love a beast race romantically but some would.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO: Elswyr .... the perfect game for necrofeeliacs and furries 😂
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only instance of an Argonian having a interspecies spawn was a realm which absolutely goes against logic, The Shivering Isles, which isn't a reliable realm considering Sheogorath allowed it because it is funny.

In reality, Argonians cannot produce spawn with non-Argonians. Khajiit are debatable as they come from Bosmer and some Khajiit even look like Bosmer (the Ohmes and Ohmes-Raht if that is still canon).

Considering my Argonians are stubborn Saxhleel or Archein, they prefer other stubborn Saxhleel and my Archein deem other races as well as other Saxhleel as inferior.

My elves also think Betmer are gross.

My Khajiit want nothing to do with non-Khajiit.

So yeah, no. My characters aren't necessarily the outliers who fancy members outside their species category since they're regular people with regular job roles like smiths, bards and stuff.
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit are soft.

Argonians are too spikey.

My air mattress wouldn't hold up...

PS4 NA
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of my characters would be alright with being with a Khajiit or Argonian, but not all of them.

But now to bump up the awkwardness and uncomfortableness in this thread up a few notches:

For those saying they would be alright with having their mer/humans be with a Khajiit, what about the quadrupedal forms of Khajiit like Alfiq or Senche? They are just as intelligent as the rest, after all. Would your Khajiit characters even be alright with that? :D

On a scale of 1 to 10 how uncomfortable did that make you feel?
    Edited by Robo_Hobo on January 29, 2019 9:33PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robo_Hobo wrote: »
    Some of my characters would be alright with being with a Khajiit or Argonian, but not all of them.

But now to bump up the awkwardness and uncomfortableness in this thread up a few notches:

For those saying they would be alright with having their mer/humans be with a Khajiit, what about the quadrupedal forms of Khajiit like Alfiq or Senche? They are just as intelligent as the rest, after all. Would your Khajiit characters even be alright with that? :D

On a scale of 1 to 10 how uncomfortable did that make you feel?

Open minds make the world go round.

Logically, the term Bestiality involves relations with an Animal. That assumes a creature of lesser intelligence. Quadrupedal Khajiit are still intelligent, sentient beings and thus the term doesnt apply to them as they can use higher reasoning to decide consent for intimacy. Bipedal Khajiit mating with Quadrupedal Khajiit is a common occurrence in Elsweyr.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    max_only wrote: »
    Orc mate with anything strong. Orc tried to mate with giant once. Orc was bedridden for 3 months. Orc cant wait to meet pretty giant again hehehe

Death by Snu snu?

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/yttx80/futurama-death-by-snu-snu

Bah Comedy Central doesn't allow embedded video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p0DAz_30qQ

There ya go.

My favorite episode
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya'll nasty :)
    Edited by Gnortranermara on February 6, 2019 5:54PM
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭
    My main character, Calia Corelion Carrowen (gotta love Altmer number obsession) is an Altmer from Alinor and although she is open minded and accepting of the beast races - much to the disdain of her family who don't dislike the other races but desire the isolation of the Summerset Isles - falling in love with an argonian or khajiit would be something she would not be able to consciously do due to her early upbringing. If Calia was to fall in love with one of the beast races she would not understand it and would more than likely associate the feeling as platonic rather than romantic.

Steelshiv Jack, my bosmer, would love one of the beast races as long as he doesn't wake up the next morning naked, in a tub of melted ice, with a note on his forehead reading "im sorry. you should see a healer." Steel understandably has trust issues after he had his right kidney stolen by a necromancer after passing through Reapers March.

^ Apparently these questions cause the Tabletop RPG player in me to come out lol
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No orcs, furries, or scalies. That is all
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steelshiv wrote: »
    My main character, Calia Corelion Carrowen (gotta love Altmer number obsession) is an Altmer from Alinor and although she is open minded and accepting of the beast races - much to the disdain of her family who don't dislike the other races but desire the isolation of the Summerset Isles - falling in love with an argonian or khajiit would be something she would not be able to consciously do due to her early upbringing. If Calia was to fall in love with one of the beast races she would not understand it and would more than likely associate the feeling as platonic rather than romantic.

Steelshiv Jack, my bosmer, would love one of the beast races as long as he doesn't wake up the next morning naked, in a tub of melted ice, with a note on his forehead reading "im sorry. you should see a healer." Steel understandably has trust issues after he had his right kidney stolen by a necromancer after passing through Reapers March.

^ Apparently these questions cause the Tabletop RPG player in me to come out lol

Your attention to backstory is admirable.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • TwoHawks
    TwoHawks
    ✭✭
    This one is a Khajiit, and so would share a bed, warmth, companionship of another Khajiit, males are preferred. Females are too grumpy in the morning for this one's tastes, and they are always talking about having kits. Pah. This one would not favor sharing a bed with an Argonian... too many scales and horns. As for the other races, well no, this one prefers his partners with fur, and male.
    Edited by TwoHawks on February 1, 2019 8:16PM
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Highelf so preservation of the bloodline
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit, but not Argonian. In Skyrim my deram was to get a Khajiit wife for my Nord character. When mods appeared, I managed to arranje this marriage.
    Argonians are way too different - their philosopy, their way of life.
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To sound super cheesy.

Love is love. You do not choose who you love.

Hello, who the heck doesn't love Raz??? :0
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • Ravena
    Ravena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, oh yes.

They are sentient. They are something new. I'm all for a little adventure.

Anyone remember Ol' Lady Barenziah from Daggerfall? She knew how to live!

If we lived in the TES world I'd try everything at least once.
    Edited by Ravena on February 8, 2019 9:55PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on February 8, 2019 9:54PM
  • Devil_Keyz
    Devil_Keyz
    ✭✭✭
    My khajiit is in love with thick nord curves 😂😂
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Results;

Most Scalies are also Furries

Some Furries are not Scalies

30% of people play Dunmer and/or are sane.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade