The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

If Man or Mer, Would Your Character Love/Breed with a Beast Race? (Poll)

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

ArchMikem wrote: »
    I suppose the most unusual I've seen was Khajiit with Argonian.

Does that lead to scaly kittens, furry lizards, or one that loves to swim but is afraid of the water?

In the Racial Phylogeny Lorebook it's said (or believed) that whenever two members of an opposite Race interbreed, the offspring will take after the physical traits of the Mother, while inheriting some secondary traits from the Father, so it would depend on which one the Mother was, Khajiit or Argonian. However it's also said Argonians specifically can't seem to successfully reproduce with others due to them being egg layers and having some kind of connection with the Hist.

Though I've hypothesized that Argonians mate just like everyone else, but just proceed to lay eggs instead of give live births.
    So egg-laying kats with a fondness for trees ;)

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Ceridwynne
    Ceridwynne
    ✭✭✭
    (Obligatory "Other" Option)
    Maybe?

My Khajiit will flirt with anyone but I don't see her having a romantic relationship with anyone. Unless... she can find someone that likes her thieving, murdering, and backstabbing ways.

My Breton has a thing for male elves. Especially if they share her love of magic.

My Dunmer would say that she only cares about her fellow Dunmer, but I see her falling for a big, stupid, but lovable Nord.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally a dating thread .
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I or my Character(s) would love someone of either Race
    I never thought about crossed breeding in TES lore until I met the Gray Prince in Oblivion... then everything made sense to me
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, I nor my Character(s) would never love outside their own Racial group.
    Not an option
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of my girls would, and some wouldn't. I can easily see Rasheda or Lorelai falling for someone of just about any race... but Nephikah's Dunmer upbringing is so internalized that I don't know that she'd ever see beast races as a viable romantic option, even if she's not necessarily a jerk to them.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Ruse
    Ruse
    ✭✭✭
    Lol why include the "I" option in the poll? I'm married to someone of a different race IRL but I don't think either of my gals would be into beast races ...
    Travels in Tamriel (screenshots + light RP blog)
    _.._.._.._.._.._.._

Jubilee | warden healer | white orc swamp witch
    Sarielle | templar healer | Imperial good girl

My Skyrim mods:
    Classic | SE
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruse wrote: »
    Lol why include the "I" option in the poll? I'm married to someone of a different race IRL but I don't think either of my gals would be into beast races ...

There are people who roleplay their characters as themselves. Just being all inclusive in the wording.

Loving the poll results. Shows the majority (of those who actually voted) are pretty open minded. Not to mention those who say their Dunmer wouldn't touch em with a ten foot poll. Way to stay in character guys. :p
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Damianos wrote: »
    No, let the beasts mate with themselves... disgusting!

I, and my characters, are against bestiality. Other man/mer races are completely compatible though.. mostly.

they aren't animals though
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • leetacakesb16_ESO
    leetacakesb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I or my Character(s) would love a Khajiit, but not an Argonian
    My Breton could easily love another man or mer. She is even fond of khajiits. It's the fluffy fur I think.

But for argonians, she might be a bit hesitant. But that could always change if the right one came along....
    Pc EU- Lady_Hania
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ its not bestiality if theyre sentient and intelligent. Not to mention Humanoid.
    Are you implying Argonians are intelligent?
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I choose the wrong option. My khajiit could mate with anyone if she was in love with him or her, race doesn't matter.
    Edited by SilverPaws on August 9, 2017 5:13PM
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is an Argonian, but he don't want to have deep relationship with anybody yet because of his lifestyle, however he don't mind the race. My Bosmer is more "stable" and also don't mind the race. I'm not sure if in RL I could be with Beastfolk and I don't like furries, but who knows?
    PC/EU
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »
    ^ its not bestiality if theyre sentient and intelligent. Not to mention Humanoid.

oh-snap-9.jpg
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    Well, as a Nord, my character would have relationships with all human races, along with mer, well except orcs. I just can't see myself... "socializing" with beast races or orcs.
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    Not trying to make it inappropriate or anything, but still...
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd bang any elf or human, but certainly not a beast. They don't just have "beast-like" qualities, they literally have full cat/lizard heads. It would be tantamount to finding a cat or lizard or attractive. My body just doesn't work that way, I'm afraid. I need a humanoid face to look at or I don't feel any physical attraction.

I impart those same biological qualities onto my human/elf character. Likewise, I wouldn't expect a khajiit or argonian to find humans/elves attractive.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 10, 2017 3:04AM
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    077.jpg
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything but a lizard
  • Drazkyth
    Drazkyth
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    One does not pollute the Dunmer master race gene pool with such actions.

This.
    PC EU
    British Is Best

Deekus Xerrean
    Ebonheart Pact Grand Overlord

Why so salty?
    QQ Some more
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that's a bummer. I would breed outside my race, but my character wouldn't. Should I select "other" then?
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Volsera
    Volsera
    ✭✭✭
    Dryskins can not mate with me for my race lays eggs and is given a soul by the Hist.
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »

oh-snap-9.jpg

I think he was implying that it is bestiality, with a Nord. :p
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that any entity that is sentient could potentially have any other sentient entity as a lifemate (and ... physics and limberness and compatibility willing, a lover).

My choice of "other" is because I would consider that any sentient being (and include men, mer and "beasts" - though if Argonians are really descendants of the hist, maybe "plant" is more accurate) could be chooser or choosee.

Edited by newtinmpls on August 14, 2017 11:34PM
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Volsera
    Volsera
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    I think that any entity that is sentient could potentially have any other sentient entity as a lifemate (and ... physics and limberness and compatibility willing, a lover).

My choice of "other" is because I would consider that any sentient being (and include men, mer and "beasts" - though if Argonians are really descendants of the hist, maybe "plant" is more accurate) could be chooser or choosee.

Totally agree, but I gotta ask something..
    What the !@&%/ would the offspring of an Argonian and by example a Dunmer look like?
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the point of this poll?
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volsera wrote: »
    What the !@&%/ would the offspring of an Argonian and by example a Dunmer look like?

The theory is offspring from an interracial couple will take after the Mother, while only taking minor genetic traits from the Father. For example, a Khajiit Woman mating with a Nord Male will have a Khajiiti child.

Argonians however are an exception. It's believed that Argonians cannot interbreed with the other Races, possibly due to them being Reptilian and not Mammalian, though this is Elder Scrolls, so it may be because they have their special connection to the Hist which affects their reproduction, and the other Races do not.
    Defilted wrote: »
    What is the point of this poll?

To find out how much of the Stigma concerning Interracial love in the Lore filters into our characters place in it? I'm not even really sure, but hey, it's almost got 100 votes so whatever right? :p
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Friendly reminder that we have at least one instance of an Argonian bearing offspring by a non-Argonian:
    This, of course, amused the Madgod to no end, and so he allowed the marriage of Csaran to Sheen-in-Glade, daughter of an Argonian midwife who believed that the mortal sphere would afford her daughter nothing but hatred and oppression.
    Sheen-in-Glade was as excellent a Countess to Csaran as any in the Isles could ask for, wanting nothing but to bring pride and honor to her adopted house and Court. For years her mind was untouched, even living as she did in the heart of Dementia. Alas, none may reside too long in the Isles without the blessing of Lord Sheogorath, and so Sheen-in-Glade was finally pushed to the brink by the infidelity of her Husband, the Count.
    Csaran was obsessively nepotistic, and distrustful of anyone with whom he shared no blood relation including his bride. Though Sheen-in-Glade bore a son by the Count (who disappeared from the Isles in his twentieth year), it is known that the two shared their bed with decreasing frequency as Csaran's paranoia grew, and he found himself in the arms of his birth-sister Nweala, who bore of their incestuous affair the heir apparent, Cesrien. There are those of us who remember personally the reign of Cesrien, and his contribution to the fall of Vitharn.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volsera wrote: »

The theory is offspring from an interracial couple will take after the Mother, while only taking minor genetic traits from the Father. For example, a Khajiit Woman mating with a Nord Male will have a Khajiiti child.

Argonians however are an exception. It's believed that Argonians cannot interbreed with the other Races, possibly due to them being Reptilian and not Mammalian, though this is Elder Scrolls, so it may be because they have their special connection to the Hist which affects their reproduction, and the other Races do not.

I was under the impression that Khajiit were also under that heading. But, the setting hasn't been incredibly consistent on that point.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ArchMikem, found what I was thinking of. It's from the book Notes on Racial Phylogeny. It's a recurring restoration text.
    After much analysis of living specimens, the Council long ago determined that all "races" of elves and humans may mate with each other and bear fertile offspring. Generally the offspring bear the racial traits of the mother, though some traces of the father's race may also be present. It is less clear whether the Argonians and Khajiit are interfertile with both humans and elves. Though there have been many reports throughout the Eras of children from these unions, as well as stories of unions with daedra, there have been no well documented offspring. Khajiit differ from humans and elves not only their skeletal and dermal physiology -- the "fur" that covers their bodies -- but their metabolism and digestion as well. Argonians, like the dreugh, appear to be a semi-aquatic troglophile form of humans, though it is by no means clear whether the Argonians should be classified with dreugh, men, mer, or (in this author's opinion), certain tree-dwelling lizards in Black Marsh.

I'm not 100% certain this is the version that appears in ESO, or just what we've seen in other games, though.