Edited by MaxwellC on November 27, 2017 3:57PM
So after continuously doing everything and wasting hours speaking to both ZOS and ESO support with receiving the run around I have finally been able to get back into the game.
Here is my solution to this issue which requires you to be fast but you can do it pretty easily.
First let me explain the real issue and the issue actually is not the save game data but the saved preference data that is most likely apart of the save game data but is just a part of it. I know I just confused you here but this is what you need to do.
- First press the xbox guide button and navigate to the settings icon.
- Second click settings and go to system and click storage.
- Third Click clear local saved games and wait for Xbox to reboot.
- Fourth load ESO up and immediately when the window pops up for syncing cloud data click cancel as fast as you can.
- ^Note: Sometimes the window does not come up and you will just freeze and if that happens repeat step four but wait 10-15 minutes before trying again.
- Fifth After getting into the game world make sure you move around and use all options such as changing weapons,viewing weapons, and casting an ability (for technical reasons).
- Sixth log-out and restart your console.
- Seventh When you load back into the start menu it will tell you which cloud save data to use. USE THE NEWER ONE!! IT WILL SHOW THE CURRENT DATE YOU CREATED IT WHICH IS THE DATE YOU PERFORM THESE STEPS!!.
After doing this I was able to gain access to the game with my player data intact but it did a 'New user' setup where it took you through screen adjustments/brightness adjustments but nonetheless both character data was in tact
Disclaimer: This is what worked for me I cannot guarantee that it will work for all who face such a terrible glitch but hopefully this serves as a light at the end of the tunnel for all whom seek help with this issue.
Steadfast - UnwaveringXBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
XB1 Maxwell Crystal
- NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
XB1 Max Crysta
l - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
- NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
Coined by Maxwell