Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PSA Update to corrupted cloud save data with possible fix! (XBL solution)

MaxwellC
MaxwellC
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So after continuously doing everything and wasting hours speaking to both ZOS and ESO support with receiving the run around I have finally been able to get back into the game.

Here is my solution to this issue which requires you to be fast but you can do it pretty easily.
First let me explain the real issue and the issue actually is not the save game data but the saved preference data that is most likely apart of the save game data but is just a part of it. I know I just confused you here but this is what you need to do.
  • First press the xbox guide button and navigate to the settings icon.
  • Second click settings and go to system and click storage.
  • Third Click clear local saved games and wait for Xbox to reboot.
  • Fourth load ESO up and immediately when the window pops up for syncing cloud data click cancel as fast as you can.
  • ^Note: Sometimes the window does not come up and you will just freeze and if that happens repeat step four but wait 10-15 minutes before trying again.
  • Fifth After getting into the game world make sure you move around and use all options such as changing weapons,viewing weapons, and casting an ability (for technical reasons).
  • Sixth log-out and restart your console.
  • Seventh When you load back into the start menu it will tell you which cloud save data to use. USE THE NEWER ONE!! IT WILL SHOW THE CURRENT DATE YOU CREATED IT WHICH IS THE DATE YOU PERFORM THESE STEPS!!.

After doing this I was able to gain access to the game with my player data intact but it did a 'New user' setup where it took you through screen adjustments/brightness adjustments but nonetheless both character data was in tact

Disclaimer: This is what worked for me I cannot guarantee that it will work for all who face such a terrible glitch but hopefully this serves as a light at the end of the tunnel for all whom seek help with this issue.
Edited by MaxwellC on November 27, 2017 3:57PM
不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
Coined by Maxwel
l
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will add the players who I see who have the same issues below.
    @DADDYOLDSCHOOL
    @I3akerOfcakes
    Well the rest are on XBL who have messaged me after reading my forum post.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Maybe if possible make a post with these steps and sticky it in General/support thread for those who have the issue as I am for sure not the only one facing this random bug.
    Edited by MaxwellC on November 27, 2017 4:41AM
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deleted because there are no issues after completing these steps and everything is back to normal!
    Edited by MaxwellC on November 27, 2017 3:57PM
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Full day has past with over 12 hours of being off from the game and the issue hasn't come back so far so it is safe to suggest that this is probably one of the few ways to fix the cloud preference data being corrupted which stops you from being able to access the game fully.
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf
    Just wanted to let you know that I have fixed the issue myself and even provided steps on how I fixed it so all is well now.
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • SP39EMC2
    SP39EMC2
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to fix the same problem. When I click "cancel" when start to syn, a menu pops up to says "Stop Syncing"or "Continue Syncing" What shall I do? Many thanks in advance.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SP39EMC2
    Stop syncing this will allow you to continue to the full game but under go re-setup of your preferences as that was most likely what was corrupted.
    When you click stop syncing you'll go into the game and from then do the steps above afterwards when you log-out/close the game down it'll tell you to use a cloud save, make sure you use the new one you just created.
    Goodluck!
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • SP39EMC2
    SP39EMC2
    ✭✭✭
    MaxwellC wrote: »
    @SP39EMC2
    Stop syncing this will allow you to continue to the full game but under go re-setup of your preferences as that was most likely what was corrupted.
    When you click stop syncing you'll go into the game and from then do the steps above afterwards when you log-out/close the game down it'll tell you to use a cloud save, make sure you use the new one you just created.
    Goodluck!

Thanks for helping. Anyway ZOS solved the problem for me.
  • Lambright84
    Lambright84
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same issue I I tried what @maxwellC said and when I try to stop sync it freezes there and no one from ESO will help.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Lambright84
    Sorry it didn't work out for ya, people on XBL have told me it has worked for them but those on the forums have had mixed views on it. After it freezes I said you'll need to make sure it goes through if it freezes keep trying till you get through it as it took me a quite bit of time just to get through that part where I was able to make a new save.
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l