Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Morrowind upgrade bought through steam.

p1nhead
p1nhead
✭✭
Hello.
I have steam account linked to my non-steam ESO account.
I bought upgrade through steam account months ago.
Now when I log in through non-steam client with non-steam account, which linked to steam account, i don't have access to morrowind...

I didn't have such problems with any other purchases through steam (gold edition, etc)
  • Iceberg936
    Iceberg936
    Soul Shriven
    That's weird, I have access to Morrowind but I didn't get any of the preorder goodies. I have the physical collectors edition pre ordered
  • p1nhead
    p1nhead
    ✭✭
    maybe I should log in to account through steam client and enter the world with any of my characters first.. to have ability to play without steam through non-steam client... weird
  • p1nhead
    p1nhead
    ✭✭
    Also I can't understand why I don't see either morrowind and gold edition at my account page at web site (both were bought through steam). I see only "THE ELDER SCROLLS® ONLINE PC/MAC DIGITAL IMPERIAL EDITION" at the page.
    Even in billing histiory they missed. It's very weird.
  • RavenRoxie
    RavenRoxie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe most who pre-purchased through steam are having this same issue and I really wish we could get some info on why this is and if we will always have to play through steam in order to access the land of Morrowind and battlegrounds? @ZOS_GinaBruno

I don't normally play ESO through steam because I tend to get a lot of lag from doing so. I am glad to know that I can still launch and play in Cyrodiil without steam being open, since that is where I lag the most. But, I don't really use Steam much like I used to, when I originally started playing ESO. I'm pretty anti social these days and don't care for everyone and their mom to always know what I am doing at every second of every day lol. >.<

I tried to launch without steam after creating my Warden. I am able to access that character without Steam, but I can not get to the Island or do Morrowind stuffs. :(

Is this intentional or will this change once it's officially released or?....

<3
    Phantogram DC | Wood Elf | Magicka Nightblade/ | DPS | 856cp
    False Paradox | AD | Wood Elf | Non Combative Nightblade | Crafter | 856cp
    @RoxieParadoxx | Twitch | Twitter
  • Norn
    Norn
    ✭✭✭
    I have the exact same issue as well. Hope we'll get an answer.
  • p1nhead
    p1nhead
    ✭✭
    any news?
  • Primordius_Palerider
    Primordius_Palerider
    Soul Shriven
    I'm in the same boat. I get terrible frame stutters when launching through the steam client, so I've always just used the ZOS launcher. In fact I bought I linked a steam version to my original ESO account.

When I pre purchased Morrowind through Steam, there was no indication I would now be forced to use the Steam client. Had I known, I would have pre ordered straight through ZOS. I really hope they fix this.

Why ZOS? Why have you had such complicated, inconsistent policies with steam/non-steam versions?
  • p1nhead
    p1nhead
    ✭✭
    Yep! Optimize steam integration.. Sync all transactions and data to have ability to see all transaction history and acc game version status at web site account page :)
  • p1nhead
    p1nhead
    ✭✭
    Is problem fixed after morrowind was officially released? or players still don't have an access to a new zone if they bought a morrowind upgrade through steam and play with non-steam client.
  • p1nhead
    p1nhead
    ✭✭
    Checked it.. the problem is not fixed. I don't have access while log in through non-steam client!
  • Azphira
    Azphira
    ✭✭✭
    I preordered the digital ce upgrade from Bestbuy. Zenimax forgot to give me the pre-order bonus, were a week late giving me early access then gave me the wrong upgrade for my product codes.
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just adding my voice here, to ask when/if Morrowind ownership will ever be applied to our main accounts, like ESO+ is.

If I had known, I would have bought from ESO directly instead. Right before the early access launch, Steam decided to be a pita with respect to my PS4 controller; ESO support wasn't helpful, and I spent three hours on launch fighting with Steam to get a workable - if uncomfortable - configuration so that I could get into Vvardenfell, instead of simply logging in on the non-Steam client.

(To be fair to support, they probably had a boat load of support requests that day and not enough people to help. Ticket 170523-000170, ftr.)
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • p1nhead
    p1nhead
    ✭✭
    Any news? .___.
  • p1nhead
    p1nhead
    ✭✭
    I still can't access morrowind zone through non-steam client!
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue. I fought with the support until the bitter end, but they obviously don't like having customers.
  • p1nhead
    p1nhead
    ✭✭
    ZeroXFF wrote: »
    I have the same issue. I fought with the support until the bitter end, but they obviously don't like having customers.

I don't want to install game through steam =( Just because one more person plays from my PC and she don't have steam. And within steam client you don't have login page anymore. Thats why I need non-steam client to be installed on my home PC..

On my work machine at the office installed steam game client and it works OK. But I still can't play morrowind update at home.
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's still possible to start the game when it was installed through Steam, but if you bypass Steam for your log in attempt, you won't have access to Morrowind. Just go to the folder where the game is installed and launch directly via eso64.exe.

My issue started with Steam being unable to log me into the game. I was launching ESO via Steam and was getting an error in the game client saying that it can't connect to steam. So I used the trick described above, and logged in with my ESO account, but Morrowind was disabled.

I'm just going to play Tera in the meantime. If they ever fix this issue, I might come back once Tera gets boring. But I am really in no mood for ESO after having experienced the incompetence and flat out lying from the customer service.
  • Sindaril
    Sindaril
    Soul Shriven
    Any update on this? Steam login servers are currently down. My wife wants to launch it without steam and she can NOT access Morrowind because she bought it through steam and not the ESO website. Seeing they do not provide a code she can not access the content she paid €40 for. Can this please get some decent attention because it is affecting a lot of players. And it is restricting their player experience. We expect a swift answer seeing she just lost a whole day of ESO+.

PS. necro is ok if it is something like this.
  • RoxO12
    RoxO12
    Soul Shriven
    Is this fixed?