The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

FAKE TANKS everywhere - ZOS please TAUNT CHECK

BalticBlues
BalticBlues
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Fake Tanks were always an issue, but since the #10MillionStories dungeon event they are getting out of control and appear everywhere. With all my toons, since yesterday I did not meet a single tank in random dungeons who could taunt, only people who select two or even three roles to find a dungeon faster.

The problem: Without a real, taunting tank, the group suffers much more damage. Then the healer alone has to carry the group. Result: my 690CP healers are often placed in games where former healer with less CPs could not handle the load.

It is not acceptable that healers have to leave because they do not have 690CP to heal against fake tanks who burden their load to the healers. ZOS, after months of complaints, please DO something about it.

SIMPLE basic solution: Do only allow people selecting a tank role who have a taunting skill equipped. This simple solution should already elimante 99% of fake tanks who do not even care learning a taunting skill.

Edited by BalticBlues on December 2, 2017 10:04AM
  • maniac4maniac
    maniac4maniac
    ✭✭✭
    If you cant make random normal (and usually it is FG1 or Spinld1 thx to low lvls) without a tank - its rly not a problem of having a tank. Did Spindl1 solo years ago with lvl20 char, was long,but possible. Now i'm super happy if i get a lvl10 player in my random coz it means fastest dungeons, 2-3 mins. As a healer you need to be able make at least part of the 690cp team dps and definitly enough to finish FG1 solo, though low lvls will help you.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So spent 1 SP, queue tank, change skill when in dungeon.

Sadly the solution can be worked very easily.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Random normal wihtout tank should be ok!

DPS are getting dungeon after an hour and these tanks are actually help getting dps a dungeon!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on December 2, 2017 10:19AM
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

DPS are getting dungeon after an hour and these tanks are actually help getting dps a dungeon!

There is a lot of truth to these. Good fake tanks (self-supporting DPS builds with a taunt) help other DPSers get into a dungeon.
  • Olgierd
    Olgierd
    ✭✭

It shouldn't be ok. It's cheating in line to get faster group. If you want to play dps wiat in lne as a dps no matter what when i enter the dungeon with 4 random people i expect them to be loyal their roles. When i see fake tank/healer i immediately start a vote to kick that cheater.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can definately fake tank all the normals. I solo world bosses... However, I have been actally DPSing because I do the most dps in my groups that have been formed around me and I don't want to lose that dps to tank for the group.

I haven't had to solo queue for dungeons because both my Trade and PVE guilds have people constantly spamming of groups this weekend. So I know I can trust at least one person to know what they are doing.... in theory.

I had a group of three less than level 30s all spaming bow light attacks..whille I basically soloed everything. *shrug* we got it done.

Keep in mind my skeleton dps is 22K I am not even super amazing dps.
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point about being a tank is to mitigate damage, so anything that does that job AND has a taunt should be acceptable.
    𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, leave current gf as is and put in a checker "1337 only" which is locked for tanks below 50k health, dds below 50k dps and heals below 50k hps (or whatever numbers r cool nowadays).
    If u activate it, u will be in seperate q with ppl who can activate it aswell.....

As for current event: If u cant solo normal dungeons, u shouldnt q for random normal and hope u find a carry.
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake Tanks were always an issue, but since the #10MillionStories dungeon event they are getting out of control and appear everywhere. With all my toons, since yesterday I did not meet a single tank in random dungeons who could taunt, only people who select two or even three roles to find a dungeon faster.

The problem: Without a real, taunting tank, the group suffers much more damage. Then the healer alone has to carry the group. Result: my 690CP healers are often placed in games where former healer with less CPs could not handle the load.

It is not acceptable that healers have to leave because they do not have 690CP to heal against fake tanks who burden their load to the healers. ZOS, after months of complaints, please DO something about it.

SIMPLE basic solution: Do only allow people selecting a tank role who have a taunting skill equipped. This simple solution should already elimante 99% of fake tanks who do not even care learning a taunting skill.

Then do not allow Sorcs and Wardens to select as Healer....
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    waaait....people run normal dungeons without 4 DD ??? O_O
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Much better! ppl fail normal dungeons and than come here to complain how that was the other threes fault xD
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I threw eternal fire on a couple pvp chars that can survive. Usually seems needed as most of the freaking dps are so bad.... when i run with my actual tank i get guys light attacking with bows using magic abilities...
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

waaaait.....people run normal dungeons with other players ??? O_O
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm doing those random dungeons with 4 chars, 3 of them are healers. 2 magicka nightblades - 1 is actually specced and geared for healing, 1 is using PvP gear - and the 3rd is a lvl 40 sorc with random dropped gear. With none of my healers i had any issues getting through those normal dungeons, no matter what "tank" - and dps players - i had. Zero wipes so far and i think, only 1 run had a player (with 12k hp) dieing.
    My forth char is a stam sorc with crappy dps gear, who queues as tank. I'm using the undaunted taunt and don't have issues tanking normal dungeons, no matter how bad the healer is. Granted i didn't get DLC dungeons yet, but since i only have access to IC dungeons, which i have already pugged a lot in the past, i'm not too worried about those.

Most normal dungeons should be easy for every experienced player, no matter what role you are playing and no matter how bad the other players are. If it is not easy - maybe you aren't as experienced as you think and shouldn't make demands on others.

I'd rather have a tank and healer who can contribute to dps than those roles filled with raid ready builds and zero dmg, because the latter will end up in longer runs most of the time, since the majority of dps aren't "raid ready" either (which is fine of course - we are talking about normal dungeons after all).
    Edited by Rianai on December 2, 2017 12:10PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Olgierd wrote: »

It shouldn't be ok. It's cheating in line to get faster group. If you want to play dps wiat in lne as a dps no matter what when i enter the dungeon with 4 random people i expect them to be loyal their roles. When i see fake tank/healer i immediately start a vote to kick that cheater.

Lol. If you are having problems with normal dungeons than a missing tank isn't your biggest problem.
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    My only character is a full tank and my wife's a healer. Trust me it's not any better on our end. While we get grouped always instantly with 2 dps, most of them are complete idiots rushing everywhere, not waiting for my tank to get inside first and control the battlefield. It's so annoying and often leads to complete wipe on harder dungeons. Did I mention most of the random dps we encounter don't possess the skill of communication? We quit once for a year because we couldn't find a single dps (from matchmaking) for a fixed group that would actually try to cooperate and let the tank and healer do their job properly.
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can literally solo normal dungeons. I assume many people can, it's practically the same as overland questing.

So I queue as whatever. I need the random dungeon finder queue rewards.

Take your crying elsewhere, and be glad you get carried.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Life doesn’t revolve around you - and I heal tanked every time I was in on my healer because all I’ve had is dps queueing as tanks (and bad dps to boot half the time) and even managed normal wgt with no wipes even on planar. Not a problem.

Just Leroy Jenkins on in there and chill. Have fun and practise your RD xD

Oh yeah and you don’t really even need a tank on normals, you’re really best off with a dps in tank role.
    Edited by Mureel on December 2, 2017 12:12PM
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally I completely agree with "only select the role(s) you can properly fulfill". During this event though, especially with all the group finder cr[beep] going on, I'm willing to make an exception and don't care if players in the groups I get are fake or real tanks/healers. ;)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

For the event yes, because of the finder. Otherwise no.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not cheating in line. Its the Dungeon finder enforcing a meta onto people. It would be cheating in line if it meant that other people who choose their correct role would have to wait longer while the opposite is true here. You are entitled to your kick vote as nobody should force a team to play without a tank/healer but 3 or even 4 dps can still do well in dungeons, especially normal.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

Nah. I never have problem finding normal dungeon group (XBOX EU). Lot's of people do that to farm gear.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mimimi

normal dungeons are so much faster with 4 DD, no need to have a tank and healer and prolong the dungeon to 15min instead of 5-10

Different story for vet dungeons, where i wouldnt want a fake tank from group finder. But i would never do vet dungeons without premade groups either xD
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Surgee wrote: »
    Mureel wrote: »

Nah. I never have problem finding normal dungeon group (XBOX EU). Lot's of people do that to farm gear.

We’re talking about soloing and why at the moment we’re not soloing. :-)

I never have an issue either- but that wasn’t the point. <3
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its getting ridiculous i had to tank, heal and DPS a bunch of scrubs through a dng the other day or wait until the timer penalty finished.

Fake tank refused to equip a taunt and would never pull and on my Healer i was doing more dmg than the other 3 combined.

The fake tank was the kicker though that burnt my resources up like no business...thankfully jabby jab templar 4 the win...

:(
    Edited by swirve on December 2, 2017 12:40PM
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
    Meh, leave current gf as is and put in a checker "1337 only" which is locked for tanks below 50k health, dds below 50k dps and heals below 50k hps (or whatever numbers r cool nowadays).
    If u activate it, u will be in seperate q with ppl who can activate it aswell.....

As for current event: If u cant solo normal dungeons, u shouldnt q for random normal and hope u find a carry.

50 k health is a bit excessive, I have seen loads of tanks do vet content with 35-40 k .
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps they should lock roles based on skill lines and equip skills. I agree
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Surgee wrote: »
    My only character is a full tank and my wife's a healer. Trust me it's not any better on our end. While we get grouped always instantly with 2 dps, most of them are complete idiots rushing everywhere, not waiting for my tank to get inside first and control the battlefield. It's so annoying and often leads to complete wipe on harder dungeons. Did I mention most of the random dps we encounter don't possess the skill of communication? We quit once for a year because we couldn't find a single dps (from matchmaking) for a fixed group that would actually try to cooperate and let the tank and healer do their job properly.

here is a tip...find a guild...a pro one...or before you join random dungeons spam main zone chats that ur looking for 2 experienced DDs or cp 500+ dds and such depending on what u wana do...
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did random norm with 4 DDs, I think if you are having issues it’s a L2P issue. Most of us on the forums can solo normal dungeons with the exception of some due to mechanics. The best way to avoid this is to join a guild and not use group finder.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look, we all know normal dungeons can be run with 4 DDs. I've done it. We all know normal dungoens can be soloed. I've done that too.

Its still EASIER and FASTER if someone slots a TAUNT!

The boss stays still! You wanna complain about low DPS? How about not letting the boss run out of all the ground-based AOE?
    The boss doesn't go after other players! The DPS can damage without the boss chasing them when they didn't build for that. The healer can heal without the boss trying to smash them.

If your DPS is that amazing, just slot a taunt, and you'll get the best effectiveness out of your group. Or don't, and you'll never know how fast you could have gone. Holding the boss still and holding aggro makes even Normal dungeons go faster and easier!

Seriously, I'm at the point of slotting a taunt on my pure DPS and calling her a tank. I still think its poor form but at least I'll taunt.