Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Earn Bonus Rewards With the #10MillionStories Dungeon Event"

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I would guess it ties into your dungeon finder "loot" reset (how you get best loot first run each day) which I believe is 20 hours. So instead of a reset like pledges... it depends on when you complete the dungeon.
    This is correct!

Thanks for the clarification.

Is it intended for people to get 7 bonus entries by doing a dungeon run each day? Because the event only runs for 6 full days, and the only way to get 7 entries would be to schedule every day's dungeon runs such that the last one could be squeezed in on the morning of the 6th, which basically necessitates running the dungeon early in the day every day. That's not super practical, particularly for people who work or attend school. (This is of course for people for whom 10am EST is the morning or an otherwise inconvenient time.)

Is there a reason you didn't schedule the event for 7 full days if you intended for people to be able to get 7 bonus entries for the sweepstakes?
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    What about the frustration that will occur when you get the "DLC has not been unlocked" since Clockwork City DLC?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/382070/unable-to-queue-for-dlc-content-when-grouped-using-activity-finder

Still going on in game after roll-back this morning.
    Krishak Kringle aka KrishakPanettier, Templar (PSN:KrishakPanettier)
    -- PS4 NA --

PVP, PVE, and Trader Guild Leader
    Guild:
    - Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
    - Shadow Exiles AD (merged into RAZ AD)
    - Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/RAZ.AD
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShadowExiles
    - Twitter: @ShadowExiles
    - www: www.shadowexiles.com
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I got 20 mounts I would cry. I already have 25
  • Benefactor
    Benefactor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are there any items that are making their debut during this event? One section mentions "from a curated selection of both past and brand-new Crown Store collectibles".
  • Morlach
    Morlach
    Soul Shriven
    Us Aussies are excluded from the competition?
    <insert attention seeking 100 line signature here>
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, its time to sacrifice something big for RNGesus to get Dark Shaman! Gimme ideas!!!!
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess I'll have to take my RP builds through normal random dungeons.

I know I said I wouldn't take my RP builds to group content but I want that dog.
    Edited by Abeille on November 29, 2017 2:07AM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

I know I said I wouldn't take my RP builds to group content but I want that dog.

We probably should be considerate of other folks as to which characters we do or don't take into dungeons.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We probably should be considerate of other folks as to which characters we do or don't take into dungeons.

It's gonna be normal random dungeon anyway (they are pretty easy to do even solo). At least my RP builds are lvl 50 (so like, they have skills unlocked lol) with 600-something CP. I don't see how it is worse than taking a lvl 10 with no CP to it, which is entirely possible and will be the only option for new players.
    Edited by Abeille on November 29, 2017 3:15AM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's gonna be normal random dungeon anyway. At least my RP builds are lvl 50 with 600-something CP. I don't see how it is worse than taking a lvl 10 with no CP to it, which is entirely possible and will be the only option for new players.

Fair enough.

On the other hand -- my magblade doesn't have Orb and doesn't have Warhorn. And no characer of mine has ever set foot in a DLC dungeon other than WGT. So would it be reasonable for me to queue her as a healer in Random Normal?

At least I'm max CP. :)
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on November 29, 2017 3:18AM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

My fist only Khajiit could clear normal FG 1, all 5 bosses, solo in the low level 30s. Someone is getting at least one RP group member run during the event.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's gonna be normal random dungeon anyway. At least my RP builds are lvl 50 with 600-something CP. I don't see how it is worse than taking a lvl 10 with no CP to it, which is entirely possible and will be the only option for new players.

Fair enough.

On the other hand -- my magblade doesn't have Orb and doesn't have Warhorn. And no characer of mine has ever set foot in a DLC dungeon other than WGT. So would it be reasonable for me to queue her as a healer in Random Normal?

Well that's up to you, maybe you should queue her as DPS instead if you are not sure she is able to keep it up with the heals, but you probably would be able to finish any normal dungeon with no major issues (other than maybe taking a little longer to kill stuff than it would otherwise). Unless you have super high ping or something like that.
    Edited by Abeille on November 29, 2017 4:00AM

Meet my characters:

• Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fair enough.

IMO - yes. i mean... early dungeons were originally meant to be done by very low level players. starting as early as level 10. and they are scaled that way, its part of the reason why soloing them is comparable to soloing public dungeons. a still leveling character cannot possibly be expected to have all the skills and passives unlocked.

moreover. one of my lvl 50 healers who otherwise has most things unlocked... doesn't have orbs either. because leveling undaunted takes forever and.. honestly requires dungeons. so... are we going to be actualy genuinely reasonable, or are we going to imitate those often laughed at job adds? you know the ones "looking for someone for entry level position - must have 3 years experience"
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got through tempest island on normal last week just fine, with the healer as a nightblade who didnt seem to do much other than light bow attacks. For normal non-dlc almost anything will be fine, and the actually lower level characters will be shut out of a lot of the more difficult dungeons (type 2, dlc).
  • Goddess_Althena
    Goddess_Althena
    ✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I would guess it ties into your dungeon finder "loot" reset (how you get best loot first run each day) which I believe is 20 hours. So instead of a reset like pledges... it depends on when you complete the dungeon.
    This is correct!

Thanks for the clarification.

Is it intended for people to get 7 bonus entries by doing a dungeon run each day? Because the event only runs for 6 full days, and the only way to get 7 entries would be to schedule every day's dungeon runs such that the last one could be squeezed in on the morning of the 6th, which basically necessitates running the dungeon early in the day every day. That's not super practical, particularly for people who work or attend school. (This is of course for people for whom 10am EST is the morning or an otherwise inconvenient time.)

Is there a reason you didn't schedule the event for 7 full days if you intended for people to be able to get 7 bonus entries for the sweepstakes?

This is a very good question. It seems like it would be rather difficult for people to manage to get all 7 randoms done in the 6 days, they'd have to be vigilant of the 20-hour timer and likely do a couple runs in the wee hours of the morning/night in order to efficiently run all 7 times. And if they want to do that with multiple characters for maximization, I'm not sure that it can be done.

Seems as though it should really run a full week until the morning of the 7th. Or at least it would be much more straightforward if there was a standard reset time for all players like with daily pledges.
    Edited by Goddess_Althena on November 29, 2017 5:20AM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and can I aslo say how bad of an idea I think it is to tie the reset to the 20 hour cooldown? yes, its alos a selfish concern becasue my schedule this weekend will absolutely positively NOT allow me to get anywhere near being vigilant with those 10 hours.

but also consider this. if this was tied to something like pledges. it means that people could have so much more flexibility as to when they could run things. they could get a few dungeons in a morning, few in right before reset, a few just after. and still make it to all 7 tries. instead.. we have something that essentially greatly reduces reward chances for anyone who cannot play every 20 hours AND have large chunk of time to run a whole bunch of dungeons in a row, rather then spread them out here and there.

IMO, it should have been tied to daily resets, the kind that always happen at a set time each day.

P.S. and that this thread is hidden in a less visited forum instead of being in general where most people can see it? is ALSO a bad idea.
    Edited by Linaleah on November 29, 2017 5:41AM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one has a question yes.

Will there be server downtime for maintenance do you know on Monday 4th during the event?

Just this one is thinking about if she will be able to take time away from business and would not like to do that and then find that she cannot run the dungeons for much of that day.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few more questions:

1) What happens if I get a mount/costume I already own?

2) Will any of the reward items be able to be traded/sold (like e.g. treasure maps which aren't bound by default)?

3) "complete the entire dungeon by defeating all of its bosses" means ALL bosses, right? Even those that normally aren't required for either quest or pledge or random dungeon reward, like the Ancient Spriggan in EH1 or the Rat Whisperer in WS1?
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To further elaborate on Ufretin's question #3, is "all bosses" tied to those bosses required for achievements like speedrun and no-death?
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • FreyjaFX
    FreyjaFX
    Soul Shriven
    Looks like I won't be able to take advantage of this promo as since the 27/Nov - 3.2.10 patch, I've only been able to get a character loaded 2x? and then stay running for less than 5 minutes before the game crashes and never been able to login to EU server (get to char select on NA/EU - then crashes 9/10 times - before character load).

No reply or even acknowledgement from "support"...

Grrrr!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Morlach wrote: »
    Us Aussies are excluded from the competition?
    Everyone can participate in the dungeon event and win prizes. :)

This one has a question yes.

Will there be server downtime for maintenance do you know on Monday 4th during the event?

Just this one is thinking about if she will be able to take time away from business and would not like to do that and then find that she cannot run the dungeons for much of that day.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    We aren't planning to have downtime for maintenance on PC or console next Monday, 12/4.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will any of this stuff be available later? Because I can already tell this event will be a complete waste of time. No sense in hoping.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Could you please clarify whether we need to complete the Random Dungeon as normal or need to kill all the bosses in order to get the Mysterious Reward Box?

In your posts you only say to complete a Random Dungeon via the groupfinder (normal or vet, pre-made group or dungeon finder made-group), but nothing about the bosses.

The Article states "In order to earn a Mysterious Reward Box, you will need to complete the entire dungeon by defeating all of its bosses."

Which brings up two questions:

1. Can you complete the Random Dungeon via groupfinder and NOT get a Mysterious Reward box due to missing a boss?
    2. If the dungeon finder tosses you into a group part way through the dungeon, you would get credit for your Random Dungeon but NOT credit for killing all bosses - Would you get a Mysterious Reward Box or not?

There are dungeons with bosses that are so routinely skipped that a lot of players may not even realize they exist!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Mix wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Could you please clarify whether we need to complete the Random Dungeon as normal or need to kill all the bosses in order to get the Mysterious Reward Box?

In your posts you only say to complete a Random Dungeon via the groupfinder (normal or vet, pre-made group or dungeon finder made-group), but nothing about the bosses.

The Article states "In order to earn a Mysterious Reward Box, you will need to complete the entire dungeon by defeating all of its bosses."

1. Can you complete the Random Dungeon via groupfinder and NOT get a Mysterious Reward box due to missing a boss?
    2. If the dungeon finder tosses you into a group part way through the dungeon, you would get credit for your Random Dungeon but NOT credit for killing all bosses - Would you get a Mysterious Reward Box or not?

There are dungeons with bosses that are so routinely skipped that a lot of players may not even realize they exist!

Good questions. We just double checked, and you do not have to kill all bosses in a dungeon to receive a Mysterious Reward Box. You only need to defeat the final boss. Apologies for the confusion! We'll make sure the article gets updated to reflect this information.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will any of this stuff be available later? Because I can already tell this event will be a complete waste of time. No sense in hoping.

Most of the rewards appear to be available now, or were in the crown store previously.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Good questions. We just double checked, and you do not have to kill all bosses in a dungeon to receive a Mysterious Reward Box. You only need to defeat the final boss. Apologies for the confusion! We'll make sure the article gets updated to reflect this information.

Can you just have the devs send the final boss out to stand in front of the dungeon? Simplify things. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can you just have the devs send the final boss out to stand in front of the dungeon? Simplify things. :smile:

Why cant just 1st boss drop it, even simpler.
  • Smokinroses
    Smokinroses
    ✭✭
    Do the Jackpot homes come furnished or unfurnished, if there is a furnished version?
    (It's not going to make any difference to me, as I am extremely unlikely to win, but I'm curious).

Also, is it possible for more than one player to win top tier rewards (all RNG-based), or is there a limit of one top winner?
    The homes will be unfurnished.
    Each character? Does this mean, I can run through with each 5 characters on my account, or is it 1 per PSN account?
    Each character, yep!

Awesome thank you! one other question, could we get in a group and go through dungeon to get the reward? Or does it strictly have to be through the dungeon finder and find a random group and dungeon? 'cause i'm not liking that idea too much, I like my group I run around with..
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Why cant just 1st boss drop it, even simpler.

Nah make it first mob, that dies
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the Jackpot homes come furnished or unfurnished, if there is a furnished version?
    (It's not going to make any difference to me, as I am extremely unlikely to win, but I'm curious).

Also, is it possible for more than one player to win top tier rewards (all RNG-based), or is there a limit of one top winner?
    The homes will be unfurnished.
    Each character? Does this mean, I can run through with each 5 characters on my account, or is it 1 per PSN account?
    Each character, yep!

Awesome thank you! one other question, could we get in a group and go through dungeon to get the reward? Or does it strictly have to be through the dungeon finder and find a random group and dungeon? 'cause i'm not liking that idea too much, I like my group I run around with..

you can take your group and instead of going directly into a dungeon, have your crown queue you up through finder. that way you play with your preferred group but are still eligible for the event reward. no need for a random group. it does have to be a random dungeon though.
    Edited by Linaleah on November 29, 2017 10:02PM
    dirty worthless casual.