The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Earn Bonus Rewards With the #10MillionStories Dungeon Event"

• Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, you have convinced me. As a person that kinda panics, I haven't felt compelled to run dungeons. So I might be a mess, but I am going to run as many characters a day as I can through haha, provided I can find a group
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect timing! I'm off work for the next 2 weeks.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To answer some of the questions here:
    • You can do either a normal or Veteran dungeon to receive loot, and there's no difference in the type of loot you receive.
    • You can queue with a pre-made group if you wish, doesn't have to be a PUG. Just as long as you do a random dungeon.
    • If you hit the jackpot and win the 20 homes, but already own some homes, you'll simply get the rest of the homes that are contained in the jackpot.
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    A few questions if you'd be so kind:

1. What time does the "day" reset?
    2. Is there a difference in loot between random normal and random veteran dungeons?
    3. Can we queue with premade groups, or do we have to queue up as individuals?
    From my understanding and PTS testing (wooden swords) there is no difference between normal and vet (so faster to run normal ones) and premade groups still got the rewards.

Not sure on reset times, I would guess like other events?

Good to know, thanks.

...What's the daily reset time on other events? :D

I would guess it ties into your dungeon finder "loot" reset (how you get best loot first run each day) which I believe is 20 hours. So instead of a reset like pledges... it depends on when you complete the dungeon.
    This is correct!

So to clarify, I won't be able to win something that I already have purchased and own either via in-game or crown store.
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we receive the box from the loot of the final boss and open it right away?
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to have a full list of all possible rewards. Like is there exclusives? Not to sound ungrateful but if there is nothing appealing to me I don't really wanna go through all the effort of running characters everyday
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    Do we receive the box from the loot of the final boss and open it right away?

Yes, the box from the loot of the final boss will be received right away:
    The event will begin for everyone at 10am EST tomorrow (November 30). You'll receive the Mysterious Reward Box for each character that completes the dungeon immediately after defeating the final boss.
    (bolding is my doing, and quote is from this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/383020/is-the-10millionstories-dungeon-event-live-for-eu-too#latest)
    Edited by EttinTheBreton on November 30, 2017 2:19AM
    I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton
  • Goddess_Althena
    Goddess_Althena
    ✭✭✭
    Also, is it only tied to the purple random dungeon timer, or is it on its own timer once the event begins?

Wondering, because if someone does a random tonight then they wouldn't be eligible for the reward right when the event opens, would they? They'd have to wait until the purple comes up again.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, is it only tied to the purple random dungeon timer, or is it on its own timer once the event begins?

Wondering, because if someone does a random tonight then they wouldn't be eligible for the reward right when the event opens, would they? They'd have to wait until the purple comes up again.

this is exactly correct. becasue they decided to do it in a most convoluted way possible, its tied to premium undaunted supplies cooldown, aka first random dungeon, with 20 hour CD before you can try again.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Smokinroses
    Smokinroses
    ✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    Do the Jackpot homes come furnished or unfurnished, if there is a furnished version?
    (It's not going to make any difference to me, as I am extremely unlikely to win, but I'm curious).

Also, is it possible for more than one player to win top tier rewards (all RNG-based), or is there a limit of one top winner?
    The homes will be unfurnished.
    Each character? Does this mean, I can run through with each 5 characters on my account, or is it 1 per PSN account?
    Each character, yep!

Awesome thank you! one other question, could we get in a group and go through dungeon to get the reward? Or does it strictly have to be through the dungeon finder and find a random group and dungeon? 'cause i'm not liking that idea too much, I like my group I run around with..

you can take your group and instead of going directly into a dungeon, have your crown queue you up through finder. that way you play with your preferred group but are still eligible for the event reward. no need for a random group. it does have to be a random dungeon though.

Thank you so much for clarifying! I've never done random finder before we've always just up and went to one lol. But it mentioned on the option about random group and dungeon. So I had to make sure. Thank you! :)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    I got through tempest island on normal last week just fine, with the healer as a nightblade who didnt seem to do much other than light bow attacks. For normal non-dlc almost anything will be fine, and the actually lower level characters will be shut out of a lot of the more difficult dungeons (type 2, dlc).

I have no concerns about healing with my nightblade in any dungeon I've ever done. But that list consists of the 16 basic dungeons, CoH 2, FG 2, Spindleclutch 2, and WGT. It's the other 7 DLC ones I'm worried about. E.g., are there situations in which a PUG tank is unlikely to survive without shards/orbs, even in normal mode?

I'm a good enough player to duo almost any non-DLC dungeon with my wife, including CoH 2 (although we keep embarrassingly wiping on Imiril, and more excusably haven't solved Malubeth yet either). But the DLC ones seem to be at a whole other level, especially if one is trying to PUG them without full voice communication.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on November 30, 2017 7:04AM
  • Alamakot
    Alamakot
    ✭✭✭
    I can't understand, why some people try to complicate easy things...
    taking low-lvl character to the group will be an advantage, the greater the lower char is (ideally 10-16). the reason is simple: finder do not allow such player to enter harder dungeon. group will always get one from following: FG1, Spindle1, BC1.
    what is average time of your stay at norm FG1 from first mob hit to opening inventory to check the loot from Dreugh King?

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good questions. We just double checked, and you do not have to kill all bosses in a dungeon to receive a Mysterious Reward Box. You only need to defeat the final boss. Apologies for the confusion! We'll make sure the article gets updated to reflect this information.

This brings up another issue.

I have been in a random group where some &#$@#*$ unkind person ran ahead and single handedly killed the final boss; the rest of us were relaxing along, and when we got to the end final boss was dead; we couldn't defeat it and none of us were able to get the rewards for doing the random.

How will this sort of thing be handled? Are we to just keep a sharp eye out and group kick/vote anyone who runs too far ahead to prevent this?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alamakot wrote: »
    taking low-lvl character to the group will be an advantage, the greater the lower char is (ideally 10-16). the reason is simple: finder do not allow such player to enter harder dungeon. group will always get one from following: FG1, Spindle1, BC1.
    what is average time of your stay at norm FG1 from first mob hit to opening inventory to check the loot from Dreugh King?

Yeah I have some lvl 10 characters on my 2nd account who are ready and waiting in case anyone I know wants to ensure an easy dungeon for any reason - a group of 3 crafters plus a low level can get through any of those 1st zone dungeons on normal without much fuss.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its very nice you added something for people who cant join the game of luck (like me living in the Netherlands). Thank you.
    PC-EU @lientier
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An event that requires an RNG dungeon finder that rewards you using RNG drops, with one of those drops being an RNG sweepstakes entry.

Fun, I guess?
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

Yeah I have some lvl 10 characters on my 2nd account who are ready and waiting in case anyone I know wants to ensure an easy dungeon for any reason - a group of 3 crafters plus a low level can get through any of those 1st zone dungeons on normal without much fuss.

Sounds like you haven't been doing dungeons since One Tamriel with them. You can't scale dungeons down anymore, they are always the same difficulty, if that's what you are referring to.
    It is your characters that scale and their armor getting worse the further you outlevel it.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Epona222 wrote: »

Sounds like you haven't been doing dungeons since One Tamriel with them. You can't scale dungeons down anymore, they are always the same difficulty, if that's what you are referring to.
    It is your characters that scale and their armor getting worse the further you outlevel it.

No. I think he's referring to the change that happened with the CWC. Level 10 characters can only be put into BC 1, FG 1 or Spindle 1 now. No more version 2s nor DLC dungeons until you're 45+.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "They also contain rarer rewards, ranging from in-game valuables like Treasure Maps"

Please ZOS no. Treasure maps are not rare or valuable. I missed seeing this before, now I almost don't even want to try out of fear that each box will contain one of those meaning every second was wasted time.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am very excited for this event! :)
    And for people worrying about completing content with other players when they don't normally play group stuff, don't worry! You won't be the only person doing this, most likely the people you group with also don't normally play like that, and might be nervous too :) Just relax, you will do fine in a normal dungeon, and everything scales to you anyway.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it possible to get the Naryu's Morag Tong costume during this event?
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Cinbri wrote: »
    What is minimal level of char to be able to queue for normal random dung?

@Cinbri Level10

**ran to grind all chars to lvl10.**

should take all of 15 mins per character :wink:
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Morlach wrote: »
    Us Aussies are excluded from the competition?

You can get the dungeon prizes, you just can't win the sweepstakes, (like us here in NY can't win it either.)
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Why does the pop-up when loading into character says "Earn Bonus Rewards Until 12/5"??? I thought the dungeon event is until 12/6?

SbxK42P.jpg
  • Paganini
    Paganini
    ✭✭✭
    The grouptool is buggy again, congrats Zenimax.. The group-search is your f****** nemesis.
  • FlaviusPK
    FlaviusPK
    ✭✭✭
    I did random normal with 2 friends in party (so 1 random 27lvl came) we were 160cp, 160 cp and one 30 lvl. We did all bosses on Arx Corinium and nobody got a box. What's up, ZOS?
  • HakaiDo
    HakaiDo
    ✭✭
    Cant even form groups now. Too bad, the event seemed like a lot of fun. Hop on, run through some random dungeons with your friends and earn rewards in the meantime. Oh well... maybe tomorrow its fixed. (lol)
    PC EU - @HakaiDo

Elenwen Stormwatch - Magicka Sorcerer
    Lilith Varen - Magicka Nightblade
  • Zybelle
    Zybelle
    ✭✭
    everything is broken!
    can't invite the 4th player in group, can't launch queue, can't even leave group !
    "Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible. "
    HELP Save the Magicka Dragon Knight - Donate to WWF and help build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't even log in.... (EU server)
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Why does the pop-up when loading into character says "Earn Bonus Rewards Until 12/5"??? I thought the dungeon event is until 12/6?

SbxK42P.jpg

It's until 10am EST on 12/6.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • rstas
    rstas
    ✭✭
    Hi.
    I done today random dungeon in the morning before event start.
    Than i done it again after it starts.
    I didn't get any reward....does my morning run counts even it was price less (before event)
    Thanks for replay
    Clodth, Stamina Dragon Knight, Werewolf