The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Newly appeared cottages - any ideas?

RaddlemanNumber7
RaddlemanNumber7
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I discovered a couple of stone cottages that I don't remember being there before:

tRS0kRW.jpg
jD4li93.png
qQS9ekw.jpg

Are there any more? Does anyone have any idea what they are for?

PC EU
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one in Bangkorai has definitely been there for a long time. Not sure about Glenumbra.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be for future content or housing. Almost said the first one was where the exorcised witches cottage is but I see that on a little further up from it. I'm sure we will find out eventually.
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's in an enclosed area, like a fence, it could be housing. The screenshot has a wide open door, however.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SisterGoat wrote: »
    If it's in an enclosed area, like a fence, it could be housing. The screenshot has a wide open door, however.

There's no fence. There isn't even a door on the cottage.

The two cottages are exactly the same. The contents are free to loot.

PC EU
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's no fence. There isn't even a door on the cottage.

The two cottages are exactly the same. The contents are free to loot.

Wouldn't make any sense to make player housing out of these then. Maybe you just overlooked these houses and they've been there the whole time?
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which is why I said probably for some future housing. There was a place in Deshaan that was like a fort that was completely enclosed for a long time. You could get inside by climbing a rock and jumping over the wall. But then the thieves guild came along and now it's where you go to
    kill Nikolas.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    The one in Bangkorai has definitely been there for a long time. Not sure about Glenumbra.

That's the one I was sure was new :)

I run along that shore fairly frequently. It's on the way to the NMG crafting stations, and there's a treasure map chest very close by. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there last time I'm went there.
    PC EU
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

Housing is instanced so it needs to be enclosed in some way. (Well it doesn't need to be, they could just put an invisible wall around it but it would look weird and it'd be really annoying trying to work out where you can stand and where you can't.) So new buildings that have a fence or wall around them or with a closed door you can't enter could be player housing, but ones which are totally open like this can't.

If they are new these could be part of a new quest or something that's going to be added at some point.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

This.

Housing is instanced so it needs to be enclosed in some way. (Well it doesn't need to be, they could just put an invisible wall around it but it would look weird and it'd be really annoying trying to work out where you can stand and where you can't.) So new buildings that have a fence or wall around them or with a closed door you can't enter could be player housing, but ones which are totally open like this can't.

If they are new these could be part of a new quest or something that's going to be added at some point.

That's what I was hoping. If there are similar cottages in the AD and EP base areas it would be interesting.

Maybe, it's a new guild/skill quest line, similar to Fighters and Mages guilds. A foresters guild has mentioned in in-game dialogue. Or maybe something witchy for the Wardens.

We could just wait and see, but making free with some wild, uninformed speculation is much more fun :)
    PC EU
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They would be marked on the map if they were here before.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're thinking of a different one in Bangkorai. This one is further north, across the water from the Dolmen. You're thinking of the one near the Werewolf Shrine. Same stamp, different place.
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the one I was sure was new :)

I run along that shore fairly frequently. It's on the way to the NMG crafting stations, and there's a treasure map chest very close by. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there last time I'm went there.

I noticed that cottage on my last few trips to that crafting station as well. I've visited that station quite often so I'm sure it's new. Maybe part of an upcoming housing (needs fence) release or a future quest.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i thought the glenumbra one was new when i came across it too. figured it was likely added when they put the homestead in there to the north.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not disapprove of more housing options. I think some zones need more, especially the zones with only one housing option (see Rivenspire ). I would like an alyied ruin house-that would be neat (something like the mages/fighters guild in Stormhold).
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's for another prequel quest like we had for Morrowind and CWC.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh hey @NolaArch it's the mystery house :open_mouth:

My guess is it's going to be related to a future quest.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new gigantic house appeared in Wrothgar. I was able to go in, but when I clicked on F5 to find out how much it was, it said it was not yet available. :o
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh hey @NolaArch it's the mystery house :open_mouth:

My guess is it's going to be related to a future quest.

YES! Haha!
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements