Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Healing the last boss of AS

CyborgPlatypus
CyborgPlatypus
✭✭✭
Was doing normal AS last night. Now usually I rely on healing springs/extended ritual/rapid regen( Yes because sometimes mutagen stops healing and in a large group I find it hard to keep track of) but everyone was spreading out to take out adds and avoid AOEs. Does anyone have any tips for keeping good volumes of hots on people?

Best Answer

• Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lots of mutagen and breath of life tbh.

There isn't a huge amount of ambient damage that needs to be healed through, and most of the time if people are taking environmental damage, they'll die instantly (Lightning and stomp phases)

Apart from that, try to keep the group organised so that ground based heals are actually useful, though that often falls apart halfway through.

Extended ritual is also nice to keep people topped up.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
    Answer ✓
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd honestly suggest having reviving barrier as one of your ults, 32k barrier should help with some of the one hit kills from being one hit kills. Plus it can crit barrier and provide higher amount than 32k. You would be surprised at how useful it is but just try to position yourself in between the the group the best you can.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People should slot a shield and know postioning and when to block. Lastly minor life steal heals for about 1 k per sec assuming they are on the right target.

P.S you really need Purge and warden dps should really like it there.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mutagen or Rapid Regeneration are the most useless things ever in raids. You have to apply the skill 6 times to get your whole group buffed... Which is just dumb.

Slot Ward Ally instead, gives a pretty massive shield in a OH **** moment, can totally save lives.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need someone with Kagrenac hope or some such. Problem is not in healing - it is how fast you will resurrect the dead.

-vovus
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Want to also let you know that as a healer, you will need more health. This is to ensure that you stay a live. Our healers are running with about 30k health. You can do this by running SPC+Plague Doctor. Also I would highly recommend using Maelstrom or Asylum Resto staff instead of the more common Master for this, you are not gonna do a lot of Healing Springs and keeping your resources up is important, especially if you are the one kiting the exhaustive charges.

I would suggest Mutaged as the morph for this Trial, the Burst heals are the most important parts here.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    Mutagen or Rapid Regeneration are the most useless things ever in raids. You have to apply the skill 6 times to get your whole group buffed... Which is just dumb.

Slot Ward Ally instead, gives a pretty massive shield in a OH **** moment, can totally save lives.

Have you ever healed saint olms? What you just said makes no sense in that fight, people are scattered far and wide in the area, ward ally is Garbo in that instance, you need to use mutagen, believe me, I have healed it a few times on normal and played as a dps much more. You can tell the healers that only use springs breath, ward and combat prayer, because everyone dies so much more.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

15 or 18k barrier and barriers can crit so they can get way higher >.> Shields are quite useful, how many times I have heard people go "Oh man thank you so much" for providing a barrier for them for something they claim is a one hit kill.
    But I would have to disagree for mutagen for certain situations. If people are not stacked up you want to be using mutagen than healing springs.
    Edited by Armatesz on November 17, 2017 6:01AM
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Have you ever healed saint olms? What you just said makes no sense in that fight, people are scattered far and wide in the area, ward ally is Garbo in that instance, you need to use mutagen, believe me, I have healed it a few times on normal and played as a dps much more. You can tell the healers that only use springs breath, ward and combat prayer, because everyone dies so much more.

Yup, Healing Spring is trash here and BoL and Mutagen shines. Basically the opposite of the other Trials. This is cause, as you said, we are too spread out, as well as I said, its more about Burst cause of how the Damage is applied. There is Burst damage without really that many DoTs. This fight is very different when it comes to healing.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The barrier can be useful for times but it varies on usage and situation. Pop shield first so they have a big barrier and then heal. It helps take some of the pressure off. Again it depends on the situation at hand.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armatesz wrote: »

The barrier can be useful for times but it varies on usage and situation. Pop shield first so they have a big barrier and then heal. It helps take some of the pressure off. Again it depends on the situation at hand.

You use barrier then you are giving up warhorn, something that all 12 of the people in the raid benefit from, not just 6 like with barrier. So when I heal this boss last, I basically sat in my extended ritual and spammed Mutegen, using warhorn when up, cleared the boss in like 7 minutes. This was the fastest I have ever personally cleared the boss, as a healer doing that, when I played as a dps with healers trying to do the same healing style as other trials, that is when there was so much ressing and less dps that it has taken upwards of 20 minutes to kill the boss.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on November 17, 2017 7:02AM
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You use barrier then you are giving up warhorn, something that all 12 of the people in the raid benefit from, not just 6 like with barrier. So when I heal this boss last, I basically sat in my extended ritual and spammed Mutegen, using warhorn when up, cleared the boss in like 7 minutes. This was the fastest I have ever personally cleared the boss, as a healer doing that, when I played as a dps with healers trying to do the same healing style as other trials, that is when there was so much ressing and less dps that it has taken upwards of 20 minutes to kill the boss.

Last I checked two warhorns don't stack. Another thing to note is I've always found one or two people in a group that had it and never needed to focus on using it so focus on other things.
    Edited by Armatesz on November 17, 2017 3:34PM
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players should not be taking much damage during this fight. If they are, then they need to practice the mechanics, and nothing you do as a healer will really help them do this. Skilled players will take 0 damage during the lightning storm phase. No one should ever be hit by the stomp. The adds do so little damage they are negligible. The healer neeeeeeds to be focused on the tank, because the boss hits incredibly hard, and the tank needs to be topped off to full health as much as possible.

Once the execute fire phase starts, healer should spam purge. People will only die from the damage if they don't get rid of the dot fast enough.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Last I checked two warhorns don't stack. Another thing to note is I've always found one or two people in a group that had it and never needed to focus on using it so focus on other things.

Two warhorns don't but major force only lasts for 9.5 seconds so the more warhorns the more major force you get, one or two people is not enough, you need at at least three perferably, the tank and both healers to have the best uptime on major force.

You didn't acknowledge the main thrust of my post, that you need to use mutagen or rapid regen on this fight and keep it up. More people
    Will die if you stick to springs and combat prayer like other trial fights.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on November 20, 2017 8:16AM
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Two warhorns don't but major force only lasts for 9.5 seconds so the more warhorns the more major force you get, one or two people is not enough, you need at at least three perferably, the tank and both healers to have the best uptime on major force.

You didn't acknowledge the main thrust of my post, that you need to use mutagen or rapid regen on this fight and keep it up. More people

I've always had situations where there were multiple people that had it so never had to worry about it. But at the same time I have had more instances where reviving barrier was far more useful than warhorn. 32k barrier and it heals them versus the point of 10 of their health is boosted for 30 seconds, this is not a heal for warhorn. You can take into consideration if things go south and you see people are clumped up you can rush to a greater amount of groups or the ones you see are able to handle the situation better and prop the reviving barrier. It can help to make it so that people can get some breathing room for that part. The small amount of defensive for war horn can leave you in a bind and still get you killed, I've seen it happen multiple times. As many people that you need to have war horn is 2 or 3 people, not 1/3 of your people. Doing more is a waste and has more often people just wasting their ultimate.

I can also add that comparing rates of warhorn versus reviving barrier... reviving barrier is 200 and is shortened a bit because of passives down to 192 or 190 or somewhere in that region where as warhorn is 250 where it gets reduced to 240ish. Something to think about.
    Edited by Armatesz on November 20, 2017 10:35AM
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Players should not be taking much damage during this fight. If they are, then they need to practice the mechanics, and nothing you do as a healer will really help them do this. Skilled players will take 0 damage during the lightning storm phase. No one should ever be hit by the stomp. The adds do so little damage they are negligible. The healer neeeeeeds to be focused on the tank, because the boss hits incredibly hard, and the tank needs to be topped off to full health as much as possible.

Once the execute fire phase starts, healer should spam purge. People will only die from the damage if they don't get rid of the dot fast enough.

Also, if you're standing in the middle of the room as the fire AoEs go out you can easily avoid them too. It will only come from 3 directions and it will always come from the left and right side. If you see it come from the front of the room you'll know that the back of the room will be safe and vice versa.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• yukikenzo
    yukikenzo
    ✭✭✭
    I'd honestly suggest having reviving barrier as one of your ults, 32k barrier should help with some of the one hit kills from being one hit kills. Plus it can crit barrier and provide higher amount than 32k. You would be surprised at how useful it is but just try to position yourself in between the the group the best you can.

No healer should use THAT ultimate EVER. Healers only have it on their bars bacause of the extra magicka regen it provides. Also it only hits 6 players. DPS should learn how to shield themselves. If you play the mechanics right there should be less incoming damage. But if people run around like chicken and blow each other away while they kite lightning, well... yeah...
    Want to also let you know that as a healer, you will need more health. This is to ensure that you stay a live. Our healers are running with about 30k health. You can do this by running SPC+Plague Doctor. Also I would highly recommend using Maelstrom or Asylum Resto staff instead of the more common Master for this, you are not gonna do a lot of Healing Springs and keeping your resources up is important, especially if you are the one kiting the exhaustive charges.

I would suggest Mutaged as the morph for this Trial, the Burst heals are the most important parts here.

30k health? For real?! I would not sacrifice the Wormcult set unless you go with a full stamina group which is not so wise. Also Mending is really helpful as it reduces the incoming damage by alot if applied right. So sacrificing both support set to boost your own health which contributes to... surviving one more hit? You know healers also have shields right? They should be capable of roll dodging, blocking or avoiding mechanics.

Healing Springs and Combat Prayer are real life savers if people would not run around like chicken. There are only 2-3 mechanics where you should not stack (assuming you're not doing Saint Olms +1 or +2.)

Its not only about the major force buff. Warhorn also provides 10% increase to your max stats for 30 seconds which also contibutes to increase of dps and better survivability. Don't pop your Warhorn every 9.5 seconds, that would be a horrible uptime.
    Edited by yukikenzo on November 24, 2017 2:32AM
    PS5 EU
    rich in ESO, poor irl
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yukikenzo wrote: »

No healer should use THAT ultimate EVER. Healers only have it on their bars bacause of the extra magicka regen it provides. Also it only hits 6 players. DPS should learn how to shield themselves. If you play the mechanics right there should be less incoming damage. But if people run around like chicken and blow each other away while they kite lightning, well... yeah...

30k health? For real?! I would not sacrifice the Wormcult set unless you go with a full stamina group which is not so wise. Also Mending is really helpful as it reduces the incoming damage by alot if applied right. So sacrificing both support set to boost your own health which contributes to... surviving one more hit? You know healers also have shields right? They should be capable of roll dodging, blocking or avoiding mechanics.

Healing Springs and Combat Prayer are real life savers if people would not run around like chicken. There are only 2-3 mechanics where you should not stack (assuming you're not doing Saint Olms +1 or +2.)

Its not only about the major force buff. Warhorn also provides 10% increase to your max stats for 30 seconds which also contibutes to increase of dps and better survivability. Don't pop your Warhorn every 9.5 seconds, that would be a horrible uptime.

Certain situations can make it so that you can give people the boost with the reviving barrier to actually give them some kind of defensive boost between certain situations. It can help but you have to plan it in between certain phases. I won't lie that the part about people leaving the path of heals is a bit odd. I have found that others tend to not have the enemy aoe easier to see by having it match an easier to see color.
    Same as combat prayer is another one that is essential and also cleanse.
    A lot of people move around and that can break it because then I see others following them like sheep and then it breaks it.
    But hahah no reviving barrier is not useless, look it up what it does. The barrier can crit and double so take that into consideration as it is 30 seconds.
    Edited by Armatesz on November 24, 2017 4:44AM
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I have done both types of +1's. Go look at the clears of +2's on youtube, dropping the worm and mending for Higher HP is used by a lot of groups that are currently completing +1 and +2. For the healer kiting Felms/Exhaustive Charges the higher HP instead of buff sets that doesn't hit anyone is the better option. When you have a lot of overlapping mechanics the health does a lot. If a healer dies everyone dies.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have done both types of +1's. Go look at the clears of +2's on youtube, dropping the worm and mending for Higher HP is used by a lot of groups that are currently completing +1 and +2. For the healer kiting Felms/Exhaustive Charges the higher HP instead of buff sets that doesn't hit anyone is the better option. When you have a lot of overlapping mechanics the health does a lot. If a healer dies everyone dies.

I run as a heavy magplar myself when doing heals so it kinda has something to do with being able to take a hit when things go south too.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)