The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Hardest Class to Master?

coop500
coop500
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
In your opinion, what's the hardest class to master?
Edited by coop500 on November 17, 2017 6:30PM
Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?

Hardest Class to Master? 246 votes

Stamina Warden
1%
vrineJade1986SheenazIbibi 4 votes
Magicka Warden
3%
UranamorAnhedonieRagnorkstrebor2095StaniaArvyGeroken777zawizard 8 votes
Stamina Nightblade
36%
NestorSirAndyflintstoneGilvothkendellking_chaosb14_ESOPlagueSDmoutonArwautTryxusIruil_ESOZetsumei_IkarileothedinoedopeyPublius_ScipiostarkerealmFlameheartAhPook_Is_HereactoshHidesFromSunaeowulf 89 votes
Magicka Nightblade
28%
MorbashCavalryPKWatchYourSixxjsarthur_ESOArobainLightspeedflashb14_ESODrevickfioskaljarrandub17_ESOInig0GandalfTheGreykojouGorillaNyghthowlerX3inademenziaamasurielVizierXvorgSmolt 69 votes
Stamina Templar
4%
dodgehopper_ESOtwnhnyRajajshkaRagnaroek93GlaiceanaCadbury0rngeChantclaireYellow_MonolithJokingInkeSaphayla 11 votes
Magicka Templar
2%
IdinuseBrummeDisgracefulMindMyerscodEshelmenSiliziumdioxidNihilos 7 votes
Stamina Dragonknight
4%
loganc.baker_ESOs7732425ub17_ESODedricusDemonDruagaKnowledgeTorbschkaJohnRingoAddictionXSkyvertexRagnarock41 10 votes
Magicka Dragonknight
13%
kennethkatalToast_STSWillhelmBlackSavos_SarenRohausBenevolentBowdBelicourtOphionThe UninvitedCrusadesChunkyCata1x23Brutusmax1musActually_GokuFloppyTouchOutLaw_NynxBlanketFortdmar613zacvanmXxBradeyxX 34 votes
Stamina Sorcerer
0%
FettkeewlBelyar 2 votes
Magicka Sorcerer
4%
NeroBadBeardimusBobby_V_RockitTasearSirMewserLadislaoccfeelingKurkikohtausMonoAlv96MotherballLittlePinkDotSouthernSoldjer 12 votes
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    For PVE DPS, NB has the most difficult rotation for both magic and stamina.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    Magic Nightblades are not hard to play, but a Stamina NB? I tried for more than 2 years to get mine to work, he is now a caster.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    I only say this as a bow build, otherwise Id have said magicka NB
    Options
  • KharnTheUndying
    KharnTheUndying
    ✭✭✭
    You should exclude stam and mag warden from that list that is probably the most op/easy mode class in the game.
    Options
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    Nightblades are hard to get the most efficiency out of (still working on consistently proccing Merciless Resolve 3 times myself), but stamblades are squishy on top of that.

Options
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Nightblade
    You should exclude stam and mag warden from that list that is probably the most op/easy mode class in the game.

I want to put every option there, as all opinions are welcome
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    It took me nearly a year to get the hang of my StamBlades. They're incredibly finicky to run.
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    Stam NB for sure. If you aren't running at or close to the meta and follow a very rigid and strict rotation, forget about success playing stam NB when you go up against the other classes. Especially in duels where you can't escape.

Templar prob best class for beginners.

Edit: My comment is regarding PvP. But even in PvE stam NB is more of a chore to play in comparison to the other classes, especially in solo situations.
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on November 17, 2017 7:01PM
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Nightblade
    I voted magika NB but I don't think its particularly hard either.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on November 17, 2017 7:03PM
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    Stam NB for sure. If you aren't running at or close to the meta and follow a very rigid and strict rotation, forget about success playing stam NB when you go up against the other classes. Especially in duels where you can't escape.

Templar prob best class for beginners.

Edit: My comment is regarding PvP. But even in PvE stam NB is more of a chore to play in comparison to the other classes, especially in solo situations.

Once you get the hang of them, they can be devastating. But, yeah, it's a zero margin for error thing.
    Options
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    Hard mode of ESO.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    Hard mode of ESO.

Not so much "hard mode," as just kinda broken at the moment. Usually DKs are pretty easy to learn.
    Options
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    Hard mode of ESO.

Not so much "hard mode," as just kinda broken at the moment. Usually DKs are pretty easy to learn.

I just recently made a magicka dk and I’m just having a hard time with sustain even w heavy attacks :(
    Options
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Nightblade

I think you mean in PVP.
    Options
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    Nightblades are hard in the hands in the novice but mDKs are the hardest in most content. PvP they hurt but ZoS actively working to change that.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
    Options
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka Nightblade
    Lol at literally anyone who would vote stamblade XD
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
    Options
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Nightblade
    before asking this poll. there should be a poll asking what class you play. 80% of players will say stamblade... because that's what you run in to in open world most of the time
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    I've mastered every class in this game, and none of them are what I would call difficult to play, but the stamblade is the least forgiving, and requires nothing short of perfection.

The easiest class/type to play is by far the magicka Templar though.
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Nightblade
    MagNB in open world PvP, followed by MagSorc, StamNB, then everyone else
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    before asking this poll. there should be a poll asking what class you play. 80% of players will say stamblade... because that's what you run in to in open world most of the time

I typically play with at least two different characters a day. Sometimes three.

You know how typically the spouse that's cheating is usually the one accusing the other spouse of cheating? Something tells me your main is a magicka Nightblade :wink:
    Options
  • Yzuna
    Yzuna
    Soul Shriven
    Warden is that easy to play ?

It's my main, and first character so I've nothing to compare it too. (couple of reroll but only few levels old)
    Not that I find it hard to play (I'm healer btw), maybe a bit tedious to maintain buffs when I'm trying to solo World Bosses, but I'm curious to know how harder other classes can be.
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    Daus wrote: »
    I've mastered every class in this game, and none of them are what I would call difficult to play, but the stamblade is the least forgiving, and requires nothing short of perfection.

All true
    Options
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    Stamina NB reminds me of my favorite class in WoW - Feral Druid. Fun to play but their DPS rotation was CRAZY!!!

simplecatdps.jpg
    Options
  • Kurkikohtaus
    Kurkikohtaus
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer
    Mag sorc is super easy to play at an average level but super hard to master.
    Options
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    Any NB. The class skills aren't very intuitive, and pretty much any successful, survivable NB build requires you to do a relatively complicated (compared to other classes) rotation with access to leveled or level-locked skills, plus understanding the best equipment and armor for NB class is so much more a headache compared to other classes. Like another poster said, not a forgiving class. Errors and noobishness cost you big time when playing NBs. I spent my first 1000 hours of this game playing NB archers that almost 100% relied on bow skills because being ranged dps was the only way I could figure out how not to die all the time. When I finally tried out templars and I was like, "holy bleep, I can't die!" All that time being discouraged by playing glass cannon NBs and I was thinking I was just a bad player. Heh.

Wardens come in a distinct second only because it's such a hodge-podge class that it's hard to figure out what you're doing, but it's so much more survivable than NB for noobs. I was soloing dolmens at level 20 on my first warden and I had no idea what I was doing with that class yet. You can't cheese it like that with a NB.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
    Options
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH as for hardest to play, wardens have some skills that actually require... some skill, to use, as opposed to button mashing. I am thinking of the shalks (delayed damage in whatever direction you face when it finally triggers) and healing seed.

Stamblades in PvP require some positioning and thinking, at least for me. Probably more of a playstyle thing.

I don´t even know or care that much what the PvP meta is, so whatever <3.
    Options
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should have specified PvE or PvP.

In PvE stam classes are harder because they have to deal with boss mechanics.

In PvP...I dont have a lot of experience. In zergVzerg it seems range is a pretty good advantage though.
    Edited by Kanar on November 17, 2017 8:06PM
    Options
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade

You can literally level up a magplar to 50 with just the first skills in each of the class skill lines, which includes one of the most powerful self-heals in the game. Just 3 basic skills. It's ridiculous.

PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
    Options
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Nightblade
    CavalryPK wrote: »

I typically play with at least two different characters a day. Sometimes three.

You know how typically the spouse that's cheating is usually the one accusing the other spouse of cheating? Something tells me your main is a magicka Nightblade :wink:

ahahaha.. spot on my man !
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
    Options
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can literally level up a magplar to 50 with just the first skills in each of the class skill lines, which includes one of the most powerful self-heals in the game. Just 3 basic skills. It's ridiculous.

Well, I mean you can basically level up a nightblade just fine by only spamming strife the whole game, so... (add in soul shred for those pesky groups of monsters..).

There is literally no class in this game that is hard to play. All classes can get by just fine by spamspamspamming 1-3 abilities. The only part that is even remotely hard is like the first 10 minutes of the game if you dont take some precautions and buy a health potion etc.

EDIT: Dont mean to whine on your post, you are absolutely correct. Templar was my first class and you get a very nice DPS, DoT and self-heal right away. I just dont think the difference is great compared to other classes once you do some wiki:ing on skills.
    Edited by MaleAmazon on November 17, 2017 8:32PM
    Options