The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hardest Class to Master?

• Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Templar
    Stamina templar was probably the hardest for me, everything else I got relatively fast (although it took me a long time to make a templar to begin with)
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    I would switch my answer to Magblade if I could. While they're both difficult to master and punish you for missing weaves, weaving Swallow Soul is pretty clunky so that makes me feel that Magblade is the most difficult.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    Hard mode of ESO.

Not so much "hard mode," as just kinda broken at the moment. Usually DKs are pretty easy to learn.

I just recently made a magicka dk and I’m just having a hard time with sustain even w heavy attacks :(

Yeah, the actual rotations for a magDK are easy. The problem is that, right now, ZOS hates you. They get everyone eventually.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    Not even a competition
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    Stamina NB reminds me of my favorite class in WoW - Feral Druid. Fun to play but their DPS rotation was CRAZY!!!

simplecatdps.jpg

Damnit, where’s my LOL button when I need it?
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    Stamina NB reminds me of my favorite class in WoW - Feral Druid. Fun to play but their DPS rotation was CRAZY!!!

simplecatdps.jpg

Lol, this was Vanguards in swtor. xD
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    Haha, there's 3 votes for MagSorc ...
    unsure.gif
  • wyterice24b14_ESO
    wyterice24b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

simplecatdps.jpg

LOL I remember this!!

My Druids name was Treesus
    Happy Patch day!
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    specifically non-vamp magDK
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    Being a stamblade builds character.
    Building character is hard.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    Lel at stamblade. Generally the easier Magblade. No reliance on dots, will etc. Dodge is a bit *** though.

My vote is MNB=MDK. Both rely on pressure and timing, DK is just a little rip.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer
    Because everyone else always beats me in PvP. My class is therefore the hardest...
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    Hard mode of ESO.

Not so much "hard mode," as just kinda broken at the moment. Usually DKs are pretty easy to learn.

Try PvP.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Lel at stamblade. Generally the easier Magblade. No reliance on dots, will etc. Dodge is a bit *** though.

No reliance on dots? WHat? You apply dots and self buffs then do 2-3 direct attacks weaved with heavies and go back to applying dots/buffs.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Templar
    Stamplar, they are squishy, don't have an escape or spammable "oh ***" button and the whole burst is backloaded which makes it really difficult to play.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Magic Nightblades are not hard to play, but a Stamina NB? I tried for more than 2 years to get mine to work, he is now a caster.

Oh I did this too :)
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm torn between mag and stamblade because I began stamblade but recently switched because stamblade pve was difficult but in pvp it rocked although now magblade is much easier for pve but little trickier for pvp
    So anyway I haven't played others to compare :#
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka Nightblade
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    before asking this poll. there should be a poll asking what class you play. 80% of players will say stamblade... because that's what you run in to in open world most of the time

Stamblade would have been my second choice. I used to main a stamblade, I'm now a stamsorc main. I am speaking mainly from a PvE point of view.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight

No reliance on dots? WHat? You apply dots and self buffs then do 2-3 direct attacks weaved with heavies and go back to applying dots/buffs.

For pvp.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is very relative. multiple variables that's changes what is. pvp, pve and player play style all has a lot of ways to change it.
    its really hard to answer.
    pve magdk and stamblade
    pvp magdk and magnb (if not a bomber)

I thin a lot of people think magdk is so easier is for when they didn't even need a offensive ability on there bar because they could have ult up 24/7

when 1 tameriel went live a lot of people on ps4 lvled magdk and there was a lot of them for like 2 weeks then they all disappeared. in my experience and group of people I played with stamblade is the easiest class in pvp.

but still relative
    Edited by lucky_Sage on November 18, 2017 6:58PM
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    this is very relative. multiple variables that's changes what is. pvp, pve and player play style all has a lot of ways to change it.
    pvp magdk and stamblade
    pve magdk and magnb (if not a bomber)

I thin a lot of people think magdk is so easier is for when they didn't even need a offensive ability on there bar because they could have ult up 24/7

when 1 tameriel went live a lot of people on ps4 lvled magdk and there was a lot of them for like 2 weeks then they all disappeared. in my experience and group of people I played with stamblade is the easiest class in pvp.

but still relative

Bomber PvE?
    Best houseknight EU.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    pvp magdk and stamblade
    pve magdk and magnb (if not a bomber)

but still relative

Bomber PvE?
    I
    did it backwards ill edit
    its pve magdk stamblade
    pvp magdk magnb
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Dragonknight
    I chose stamDK because everyone is literally voting for their mains.

to be honest I feel like everything considered stamDK shouldnt be rated under magsorc,which is essentially the the go to class for all the noobs. I don't even need to say why this is the case. magsorc is easy to learn, also not that hard to master too.

But DKs have lots of buffs and dots to keep track of during PvP, (same for PvE too but everything has a rotation in PvE, admitted stamDK atm has one of the easiest rotations in the game, but I Didnt ask for an heavy attack meta now did I?)

This makes them a bit harder to play than most people think they are.

In top tier play a stamDk literally has no room for error, because of how predictable they are.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 19, 2017 6:57AM
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All classes are equally hard to master.

I'm not saying "difficult to be good at playing a given class", stamblade is hard to be good at, stam DK is easy to be good at. But actually mastering the class (and not just performing well) takes a lot of time, theory, testing and experience in all possible fields of application, be it PvE (VMA, trials, dungeons / DSA in all roles) or PvP (solo, small to large scale, ganking).

Which severely the number of players I'd qualify as actually mastering their class.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Dragonknight
    Asmael wrote: »
    All classes are equally hard to master.

I'm not saying "difficult to be good at playing a given class", stamblade is hard to be good at, stam DK is easy to be good at. But actually mastering the class (and not just performing well) takes a lot of time, theory, testing and experience in all possible fields of application, be it PvE (VMA, trials, dungeons / DSA in all roles) or PvP (solo, small to large scale, ganking).

Which severely the number of players I'd qualify as actually mastering their class.

to me, mastering your class is knowing what your class can and can't do.

Its really just about that.

Everything else (both PvE an PvP) is mastering the game itself, not just the class.

real deal is mechanical skill.
    Knowledge itself alone won't carry you to victory.
    Player skill is what makes one shine compared to all the others.

Mastering your class will only help you utilize your skill, nothing more.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    NBs in general are the hardest to learn as they have the least forgiving rotation. You have to really work and practice to produce any sort of end-game worthwhile damage.

Sorcs are the easiest because DoTs + HA = more DPS than required for most content.

I started with an NB and have since rolled one of each class and my NB is still by far the hardest to play.
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Nightblade
    For PVE, I find NB by far the most difficult. The primary reason is Merciless Resolve and its horrid structure. Modestly better now. BUT, it is close to useless on a console.

Templar and Sorcerer are easy (and fun).

• ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer
    I voted mag sorc , its pretty hard to hit 600k all the time...
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it depends on what you first chose to learn to play.....

My First was a Stamblade - untill they nerfed the bow - she was my crafter for over a year - then I changed her to magicka and wowee - I'm having fun on her again!

I am having trouble learning warden and templar.... but that's cos they are the last to be played/learnt by me
  • MyrddinEmrys
    MyrddinEmrys
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, MASTERING any class is hard. I would argue that MagSorc is the hardest to master, because it is so easy to play a better than decent DPS as a MagSorc, very few people ever actually MASTER it.