The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

How about the next abilitychanging weps (master, maelstrom, asylum) come strictly through pvp?

olsborg
olsborg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Would that be too much to ask? Being a pure pvper, I feel like im the villain here compared to pvers. How about next time ZOS make these abilitychangings weps we get them through cyrodiil/bg leaderboards?
Edited by olsborg on October 24, 2017 4:22PM

PC EU
PvP only
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are the villains in their eyes
    Edited by Waffennacht on October 24, 2017 5:10PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    wait what? a piece of item progression a PvEr (Bot) cant get? are you insane? ppl have been burned on stakes for surgesting much less iritating things in the past! why dont you just claim the earth is flat or something instead. that would be easier to accept for the bots.
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting idea, but how would it be awarded? Emperor isn't strictly a sign of your skill and might be too restrictive. Grand Overlord reward? A good indicator of your time invested, but an insane grind. Nothing else seems like it would be appropriate enough for how special the weapons should be. In the past master weapons were awarded for top leaderboard scores which could be a way to go again, but still, that's not a sign of your skill, but of just how much time you're able to put in for the most part. I'm a horrible pvp player, but even I could hit a leaderboard score by spending enough time in pvp taking resources over and over.
    Edited by redspecter23 on November 13, 2017 12:53PM
    Options
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting idea, but how would it be awarded? Emperor isn't strictly a sign of your skill and might be too restrictive. Grand Overlord reward? A good indicator of your time invested, but an insane grind. Nothing else seems like it would be appropriate enough for how special the weapons should be. In the past master weapons were awarded for top leaderboard scores which could be a way to go again, but still, that's not a sign of your skill, but of just how much time you're able to put in for the most part. I'm a horrible pvp player, but even I could hit a leaderboard score by spending enough time in pvp taking resources over and over.

ok and learning an AI script to tap left and right to avoid red circles while spamming the same buttons in the same order over and over and over without the slightest trace of dynamic combat = skill?

i see
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They had the chance with Morrowind (BG). Bar some new arenas or mods to BG, I dont see them ever making another big PVP dlc and they arent going to make these weapons just like that, without selling them with new dlc.

In some ways, its probably good thing. Not that they should not be accessible from PVP, but by being only from PVP it would create complex problem of how to get them. Most top challenges in PVP (be emperor, best at campaing, best at BG leaderboards, best at duels, etc) are much more difficult that finish solo arena or finish this normal trial.
    Basically, dedicated PVPers should be rewarded with a way to obtain these weapons without PVE, but nobody should be forced to become dedicated PVPer (which all pvp leadersboards and emperor require) to acquire them.
    Edited by SodanTok on November 13, 2017 4:01PM
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kinda feel that seeing as Transmutation crystals are way easier to gain via PvP, that they are rewarding PvP. I'm
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PvE will cry.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lao wrote: »

ok and learning an AI script to tap left and right to avoid red circles while spamming the same buttons in the same order over and over and over without the slightest trace of dynamic combat = skill?

i see

Don't misunderstand me. Actual pvp where you are playing against other players, solo, small scale and even AvA. These things require skill and yes, I do think PvE also requires skill. What I'm saying is that the measure of a player in pvp right now is based on AP acquisition and that particular element doesn't necessarily require skill. If these new weapons were awarded for leaderboard rank for instance, it would spawn a new type of pvp metagame and I'm not sure it would lead to a healthier pvp environment. You could just sell them for AP (bind on pickup) at the golden vendor at that point and it wouldn't be much different.
    Edited by redspecter23 on November 15, 2017 2:38PM
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    They had the chance with Morrowind (BG). Bar some new arenas or mods to BG, I dont see them ever making another big PVP dlc and they arent going to make these weapons just like that, without selling them with new dlc.

In some ways, its probably good thing. Not that they should not be accessible from PVP, but by being only from PVP it would create complex problem of how to get them. Most top challenges in PVP (be emperor, best at campaing, best at BG leaderboards, best at duels, etc) are much more difficult that finish solo arena or finish this normal trial.
    Basically, dedicated PVPers should be rewarded with a way to obtain these weapons without PVE, but nobody should be forced to become dedicated PVPer (which all pvp leadersboards and emperor require) to acquire them.

Although I don't disagree with you, currently you have to dedicate a lot of time into PvE for perfected weapons instead. That's no better either.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    SodanTok wrote: »

Although I don't disagree with you, currently you have to dedicate a lot of time into PvE for perfected weapons instead. That's no better either.

Well, we have imperfected so it is not really issue and if you are good enough to finish vAS hardmore or to get on the leaderboards you can in theory just do it once. But even if you are the best ESO PVP player in the world, you have to spent huuuge amount of time grinding kills and AP in BG/cyrodiil

Plus everyone else doing the same will actually lower your chances of getting it. Something like that is not happening in PVE (short of the leaderboards part), there is no limit that says only first 100 get the weapon. First 100 in VMA will get additional weapon as reward, but they already got one from even finishing the content. There is nothing in PVP that is finishable and plenty of things are out of control. Winning campaign for the rewards would prove very difficult for EP on Vivec PC EU as you sure are aware, on the other hand it would be totally for free on Sotha.
    Edited by SodanTok on November 15, 2017 3:52PM
    Options
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EDIT: Same thing than SodanTok
    Edited by Apherius on November 15, 2017 5:03PM
    Options
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing as the game already calculates killing % through your AP gain (100% if solo killed or X% if assisted) and gives X amount of people AP for ticks, surely it wouldn’t be too difficult to add in another leaderboard/ranking system to offer PvP unique weapons based around +/- AP.
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i see

This games sorely lacks more dynamic combat mechanics

Rotations and animations cancelling shouldn't be a thing, reacting to a specific attack With either a counter attack or a defence should be though
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

i see

This games sorely lacks more dynamic combat mechanics

Rotations and animations cancelling shouldn't be a thing, reacting to a specific attack With either a counter attack or a defence should be though

Though I think more dynamic stuff should be added. (Lel GG after making everything uncounterable and expensive af.) Anicanceling and rotations should stay so a good player can weave them in between defenses and create a higher skillcap.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea, get it from PvP and it actually be a PvP buff opposed to some PvE skill that's not wholey relevant
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m all for pvp only gear that is useful only in pvp would be really cool. How would this work?
    Options
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe have them buff the aliance war skills? Also make a proper ranking from bg's and put it in there as rewards.
    Options
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I may primarily be a PvE'er, but I think this would be a nice idea and would give the PvP crowd a tangible reward to work towards that isn't a fancy title.

A collection of weapons, which have a skill that would be useful for PvP.

I would say "add more PvE rewards to PvP such as vMA and vDSA weapons" but I fear other PvE'ers would riot. I don't think the servers could handle the stress of all the traffic either.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
    Options
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perfected asylum weapons for top 2% leaderboard, and imperfect weapons for top 10%.

That's all they need to do. But they WON'T, because they might miss out on a couple DLC sales
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love it if they revisited the approach where the top % on leaderboard gets weapons, AND their is a PvE route for weapons. Seems pretty obvious.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The design has been these non trial PvE instances and I expect it will continue as such. Yes, the new trial is not a full trial.
    Options
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    never ever BiS weapon/armor should come from pvp. People will immediately exploit it and will farm it. Remember Emp farms? You cannot conspire with game mechanics, but you always will do this with other fraction.

-vovus
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
    Options
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why restrict it? Why not make it like it was with master weapons back when they were new? Back then you could get them from either PvP or PvE.
    Options
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭

i see

Don't misunderstand me. Actual pvp where you are playing against other players, solo, small scale and even AvA. These things require skill and yes, I do think PvE also requires skill. What I'm saying is that the measure of a player in pvp right now is based on AP acquisition and that particular element doesn't necessarily require skill. If these new weapons were awarded for leaderboard rank for instance, it would spawn a new type of pvp metagame and I'm not sure it would lead to a healthier pvp environment. You could just sell them for AP (bind on pickup) at the golden vendor at that point and it wouldn't be much different.

create a new leaderboard that only counts AP gained fom solokills. first 20-50 get the weapon. done. a thing like that would even help to break the zerg meta and reward actual skill.and no sry to break your bubble but if some1 has done any pve countent more than 3-5 times and still cant handle it it doesnt mean that person is unskilled. it means he has down syndrome or lacks arms. any person that cares in any remote way will read a guide about the pve content he is about to do and maybe watch a youtube vid to see the mechanics in action and will do good on the first attempt unless he´s seriously mentally ***. there is absolutely nothing skillful about pve cos there is nothing dynamic to react to. its simply just knowing the encounter and nothing else.
    Options
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is still broke, Imp City is still sub optimal, every bit of their PVP content has been lack luster and nothing ground breaking. I think ZOS has proven their stance that they prefer the SJW crowd over the PVP crowd.

They refuse to balance PvE and PvP separately, they refuse to have PvP only effective gear and crafting tables, they allow zergs to run rampant without the great equalizer to balance out imbalanced factions. Siege hits like a wet noodle again.

I think that's a statement of ZOS commitment to its players.
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember when we could get master weapons from PvP?
    We need that system back actually.

IF you're in top 100 you should be rewarded with a random master/asylum/maelstrom weapon.
    This number might change for other campaigns.

*before some piece of pug comes here and trashtalks me, I do have vMA/asylum weapons.
    Im just asking this for people without DLC access or people who dont want to do trials to be relevant in PvP.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 17, 2017 4:48PM
    Options
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember when we could get master weapons from PvP?
    We need that system back actually.

IF you're in top 100 you should be rewarded with a random master/asylum/maelstrom weapon.
    This number might change for other campaigns.

*before some piece of pug comes here and trashtalks me, I do have vMA/asylum weapons.
    Im just asking this for people without DLC access or people who dont want to do trials to be relevant in PvP.

I just wish they'd separate the systems entirely, PvP gear for PVP. PvE gear for PvE.
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are making this WAY too complicated. All they need to do is make them available at the Golden Vendor for some quantity of AP.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be cool op, what would you suggest the skills that change be?

Trying something different, id do:

Snb- while you have minor heroism and major resolve active, gain 5% cost reduction to all skills and abilities

2h- while under the effects of battle rush, also gain minor force and minor expedition.

Destro- weakness to elements gains the effect of both morphs and applies half of the ancient knowledge passive to you regardless of elemental staff type while while attacking that enemy afflicted with W2E. You're current staff type continues to gain the full effect of ancient knowledge.

Ill think of more later, just wondering what you all had in mind.
    Options
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP grind is the same grind as PvE. Runninng around with a huge zerg spamming mutagen and gaining PvP ranks or how they did with AP farming about 6 months ago...

Battlegrounds are more relevant in terms of PvP rewards...

“Ability changing” items should be under solo trials if you ask me...
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
    Options