Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

[Discuss] PC voice chat system similar with Xbox and PS

lelink88
lelink88
✭✭✭
recently , I recognize that typing chat system is quite out of date. Look around, one of the reason why PUBG is so successful is voice chat. Voice chat system really bring people close together and make a great comunity. And I'm inspired by a Eso member and his amazing journey at Xbox server. What do you think about a same voice chat system apply in PC server, It will enhance conection between player alot.
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a person that is partially deaf, I need text based chat. As is I see so many guilds i have been in require some sort of Teamspeak in order to be a part of trials. I imagine voice makes it easier. It is sad that i will never get to participate in these.I feel if it became a standard feature that could exclude others with hearing impairment from being included.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I want to talk with other players I can do so, but I wouldn't want it to be the primary way of communication ingame.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Much prefer a dedicated system like Discord.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a person that is partially deaf, I need text based chat. As is I see so many guilds i have been in require some sort of Teamspeak in order to be a part of trials. I imagine voice makes it easier. It is sad that i will never get to participate in these.I feel if it became a standard feature that could exclude others with hearing impairment from being included.

Nothing is impossible buddy if you research mechanics with subtitles and really study it and be committed to it you can participate in vet trials without a doubt. All people really care about is people knowing mechanics and all that which really arent that hard if you study them and do tons and tons of practice runs until eventually its all muscle memory. When i raid i dont even put my mic in i usually just focus and play. I can usually hear group if something is needed to be done like a res or something but other than that there are PLENTY of players who do trials without mic or communicating.

And i doubt they ever completely remove txt chat so you wont he silenced in any way and you can always whisper people still
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing is impossible buddy if you research mechanics with subtitles and really study it and be committed to it you can participate in vet trials without a doubt. All people really care about is people knowing mechanics and all that which really arent that hard if you study them and do tons and tons of practice runs until eventually its all muscle memory. When i raid i dont even put my mic in i usually just focus and play. I can usually hear group if something is needed to be done like a res or something but other than that there are PLENTY of players who do trials without mic or communicating.

And i doubt they ever completely remove txt chat so you wont he silenced in any way and you can always whisper people still

My problem is right here. I can't listen very well too and don't want to ask a bunches of people to take an inexperienced player for "tons and tons of practice runs" that probably cost them thousands of repair gold and hours of frustration. So I just stick with the small group dungeon that usually don't require voice chat.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd prefer a dedicated system that has good audio quality, and lets me avoid hearing some random dude blasting crappy music out into his mic.

Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    between teamspeak, discord and a few other options, though recently its been pretty much teamspeak or discord... I'm not entirely sure PC needs an in game voice. consoles don't get to take advantage of above. PC - does. consoles kinda have to have mandatory voice, becasue typing on consoles is pretty awful. typing on pc is much MUCH easier.

no, I think we are fine with text chat for most things, and outside voice chat for things that really need voice chat.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait. You're telling me Consoles have a built in feature that PC doesn't? What backwards world is this?
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wasnt it wow that had built in voice? yet my guild still used mumble. we dont play wow anymore, but we still use mumble. much prefer 3rd party voice addons. though i wish people would settle on the same one everywhere.
    mumble, discord, teamspeak, vent. did i miss any?
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was one of the few weird things I learned when I started playing PC MMO games. I thought it was very weird because I was so used to built in voice comms on consoles.

As for having it built in to ESO, I don't mind that it's not built in to ESO because Discord and other third party voice comm apps for PCs work well, don't impact gaming performance, and it's easy to invite anyone to your voice comm rooms/channels. Also, it's free as in FREE.
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also partially deaf deaf here, maybe not to the degree of the other posters here. i can hear speech and use mic ingame (XB) if i change my settings around and crank it, but only when nobody else is around trying to sleep or hear anything else. even then, trying to listen and decipher wastes my seratonin; it's exhausting. the other way, a typing group is pretty luxurious: way less distracting because i can read way faster than any of you mofos can talk.

but i thought PC players were the ones with every option anybody feels like programming! if teamspeak and discord don't provide the options you need, write your own (unless you PUG; that'd be tough to talk strangers into). if you can choose to never get ganked you have options for VOIP.

you already know it's slower for somebody else to set stuff up for you
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lelink88 wrote: »
    recently , I recognize that typing chat system is quite out of date. Look around, one of the reason why PUBG is so successful is voice chat. Voice chat system really bring people close together and make a great comunity. And I'm inspired by a Eso member and his amazing journey at Xbox server. What do you think about a same voice chat system apply in PC server, It will enhance conection between player alot.

You really really want to rethink having VOIP on PC. Its not this amazing thing you think it is. Those people typing obscene things in chat? Theyll be screaming it in your ear along with anything and everything else you can hear in their houses.

I cant speak for XBox but on PS4, VOIP is no longer used by the average player outside of Group and Guild Chat. Its a very rare thing to hear someone on VOIP out in the wild on PS4. And theyre usually players that have returned since putting the game down prior to the introduction of Text Chat to Consoles. They quickly learn that no one else wants to randomly speak to a stranger or hear their terrible choice in music.

Honestly VOIP in public areas pretty much died almost immediately after the introduction of Text Chat. Most players on Console have turned out to be much more comfortable communicating via text rather than speaking. Maybe thats a bad thing socially speaking but text chat has proven to be the superior means of communication because of how limiting it is to use VOIP in certain situations with certain types of people.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's one of the two things I'm envious of console players, voice chat and no miat's addon

Of course if implemented it should be completely toggleable for those who don't want it. But I do think it would be kinda cool to be able to talk to people. It's an MMO afterall.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The official word on this back when it was last talked about was they didn't see a reason to add voice to PC clients when there are already superior product out there which everyone is using (TS3, Discord, Mumble, Vent)
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • mikecrci
    mikecrci
    ✭✭✭
    I've played both the PS4 and Xbox versions of this game, and voice chat is one of the only few features where the Xbox is superior over the PlayStation version.
  • SammyFable
    SammyFable
    ✭✭✭✭
    No thanks. I don't want to hear random people yelling stupid stuff.
    We already have lots of ways to communicate on PC.
    Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Tick Tock Terrorist Tormentor
    Immortal Memer
    Gryphon Heart
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, please. If there would be voice chat - many players would refuse use text for explanations.

English is not my native language, plus some problems with hearing (not strong, but with another language, plus not always good sound...). In discord with english-speaking players I don't understand 2/3 of what is said!
    But I have no problems with reading in English. Also can type (slowly, but can), but not speak.

And I don't want to play only with people from my country!
    PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru.
    Houses: Erstwhile Sanctuary as actual Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, Hunter's Glade as werewolf tavern (downstairs), Strident Springs Demesne as adventurer's house.
    Wishlist: atronach trader, attunable stations (have 17/80 sets collected), molten war torte and white gold war torte recipes.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In most of the games I've played on PC with in-game voice, the in-game voice has only had the advantage of accessibility to all. Sound quality and the ability to adjust mic settings have been significantly better on Discord/TS in all cases.
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most guilds have a discord or ts server already. If I sign up for a vet trial pug threre's always someone with a server available.

However I would like some built in feature for just regular pledge pug'ing but not if that takes to much resources away from other important stuff like bug fixing and new content.
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People keep saying that PC has access to all these other means of voice chat, but the simplest means (in-game), especially when there’s preexisting code for it, will always be the best. I can count on one finger the number of times someone has said “hop on discord” when in a daily random. And so many issues with noobness and mistakes could be corrected with simple voice commands.

No reason not to have this on PC. People can still use Discord or their preferred communication platform should they choose.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    People keep saying that PC has access to all these other means of voice chat, but the simplest means (in-game), especially when there’s preexisting code for it, will always be the best. I can count on one finger the number of times someone has said “hop on discord” when in a daily random. And so many issues with noobness and mistakes could be corrected with simple voice commands.

No reason not to have this on PC. People can still use Discord or their preferred communication platform should they choose.

I don't want it because I don't want communication via voice chat to be the norm with random people I don't know. It probably wouldn't be that way anyway, but then what's the point in the first place? When it's needed, it's already available anyway.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The idea of actually hearing the inane wittering that passes for 90% of 'chat' in most zones sickens me - this is a bad idea and you should feel bad for having it...

Mumble, TS etc are fine options for talking within groups you actually want to hear.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SammyFable wrote: »
    No thanks. I don't want to hear random people yelling stupid stuff.
    We already have lots of ways to communicate on PC.

well atleast we could yell at ppl stealing our sieges in PVP....
    na but srsly the "crap" some ppl sometimes talk about in a chat (which you can easily ignroe)...and then ppl talking about it in voicechat holy moly no tyvm :'D

for ppl who wana talk, use discord, teamspeak ect. thats what they're there for, no need for it ingame.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Humperdoo
    Humperdoo
    ✭✭✭
    I dun wanna heer ppl farting.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The idea with the voice chat is a noble one, but the ps4 (and dare say xbone) is that the voice chat is a broken mess.

Use discord, its free and alot more stable.
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i for one would not want a voice chat system that die when the game crash.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know if folks are willing and running win10 and the Xbox app, some devices support voice chat on PC.

Not sure how effective it would be but to me we used third party voice chat on PC for years and it was a simple alt-tab but required someone to text chat what software and the server, password, channel, etc.

It got combersome so there are better options but because you mentioned Xbox, I thought to share some options exist.

Anyways, on Xbox One we often use the Xbox feature vs ESO’s voice chat as it’s often broken or wonky but the options and audio are very poor compared to the consoles offering outside of the game.

And it’s easier to set an event or have a functional LFG with filters.

Old article: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-start-xbox-live-party-windows-10

Old trouble shooting: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/server-connectivity-xbox-app-displays-blocked

Xbox app: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-app

*Note If offers other features give or take the experience you’re looking for. For existing Xbox customers it’s more viable but for non Xbox customers there may be better options in another’s third party app
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on November 16, 2017 2:13PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well what if I dont wana hear 2 ppl talking to each other on the wayshrine in cralorn when i Port there?

and how do you expect the servers to handle the extra load when they already loose sounds in trials cause they're not up to the task there?
    Edited by SaintSubwayy on November 16, 2017 2:07PM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Only if it could be shut down totally. I really don't want to be forced to listen to all the "wonderful discussions" that I can block out on zone chat text. Between RL political crap, more sexual innuendo than even Vivec could tolerate, and the normal sniping/hate speech/harassment that goes on.

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well what if I dont wana hear 2 ppl talking to each other on the wayshrine in cralorn when i Port there?

and how do you expect the servers to handle the extra load when they already loose sounds in trials cause they're not up to the task there?

I agree and while on Xbox we opt in and out of channels, i still much prefer th Xbox party chat feature the console offers over anything ESO related.
    Even text chat is annoying in populated areas to me.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501