The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A Buff to DLC Dungeons

kojou
kojou
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So getting 3 other people to do a DLC dungeon is pretty difficult at this point. The rewards aren't that great and they take longer to do for pledges than the other 2 non-DLC pledges. Maybe it is just me, but even if I have a group that is capable of doing it nobody wants to do the DLC pledge, because it takes to long, not in the mood, have a headache, need to wash their hair before bed, etc.

My Suggestion:

Add a DLC dungeon leaderboard (same as trials) with rotating gold gear rewards. When DLC dungeon is up as the pledge everyone that does it gets a score and the top 120 players get gold jewelry and weapon rewards from the sets in the dungeon.

A "permanent" leaderboard for the top 40 scores could also be kept for each dungeon for extra bragging rights.

Scoring:

Basically the same as trials. Number of deaths, mobs killed, time taken to complete will all factor into the score.

Why will this help:

- Even if players don't care about the sets in the dungeon there are those that love seeing their name on a list for bragging rights.
- Who wouldn't want gold SPC for their healer, gold Amber Plasm for their PvP build, etc.
- Instead of DLC dungeons being an "automatic skip" for the pledges and random dailies you might actually see players recruiting for leader board runs.
- Players might even start creating progression teams to work on mechanics in the DLC dungeons instead of just doing what it takes to get the clear and achievements and moving on.
- Players that held out and didn't buy the DLC dungeons may now do so to get in on the leaderboard scores.

Currently the only 4 player "dungeon" that is scored is Dragon Star Arena, and even though it is old content and the gear is mediocre at best, there are players that love it and are still competing for scores in it.

I could be totally wrong, but I really think this would help the completion rates for the DLC dungeons and give semi-hard-core-players that like 4 player content something to work towards.

Thoughts? Ideas?
Playing since beta...
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd really like something like this. You can make the argument that they're short (well okay, if you take out the long and terrible hallway between Ibomez and the Gravelight Sentry in ICP), but even now people are clearing certain trials in 20-30 minutes.

Incentivizes people beyond motif farming, too, and it's a hell of a lot easier than getting 11 people together.

(please ZOS make the next mini-trial be a 2-, 4-, or 6-man trial)
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    They should add leaderboards to all dungeons just as they are for trials, which reward you with golden jewelry and/or weapons each week. Would make people run dungeons a lot more.

And we need more titles, simply let you wear every achievement as a title.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    They should add leaderboards to all dungeons just as they are for trials, which reward you with golden jewelry and/or weapons each week. Would make people run dungeons a lot more.

If the dungeon set don't worth ... people won't run the dungeon, what the point to try-hard leaderboard to get trash ? ( humhum Elden Hollow)
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »

Some of the Vet dungeons are too easy with no progression really, and some of the items sets are horrible. You might convince me to add COA2 to the list, although with its nerfs it is in pretty sorry state.
    Playing since beta...
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh cool, and with the trash being worth points, the pug groups might be less likely to pull EVERYTHING in every room and then die to get past them.

Sign me up.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    Oh cool, and with the trash being worth points, the pug groups might be less likely to pull EVERYTHING in every room and then die to get past them.

Sign me up.

That's the idea anyway... There are a lot of cases where I like to pull everything into a big pile and AoE it down still, but this way deaths would matter as well. Basically it boils down to a reward for using good strategies to kill everything efficiently and not die.
    Playing since beta...