PC: NA
Castiel Silvermist -- Stamblade DPS (AD) Wood elf
Valokiloren -- Templar healer (AD) Dark elf
Vidia -- Mag Sorc (AD) Breton

• CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure it wouldn't be white or have a rainbow mane.
    Options
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unicorns are lore friendly? Sources?
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
    Options
  • DonWalking
    DonWalking
    ✭✭✭
    ****ing Oblivion
    Options
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Unicorn_Horn#Unicorn_Horn

Still, pretty sure TES unicorns aren't going to be white, rainbow, or anything pretty. Also says "horse like", my guess is Kagouti with a giant black tusk.
    Options
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There was a unicorn in the single player ES: Oblivion. It was part of a quest for Hircine. You had to kill it and give Hircine it's horn.

Players also found out they could ride it like a horse. It would not stay when you dismounted, and would eventually find its way back to Hircine's shrine area. It also instantly aggro'd when anyone drew a weapon anywhere in its vicinity, and wouldn't stop attacking until it or the guard/bandit/player was dead.
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The argument against unicorn mounts is that even though unicorns are lore-friendly, they're extremely rare, so it would be slightly un-lore-friendly to see a bunch of players riding around on them.
    Options
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if it's the bog unicorn from dragonage.
    Options
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    The argument against unicorn mounts is that even though unicorns are lore-friendly, they're extremely rare, so it would be slightly un-lore-friendly to see a bunch of players riding around on them.

Not if they price it extremely expensive and make it extremely limited.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
    Options
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP you are dangerously close to angering the lore people and you do not want that...
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
    Options
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can ride a unicorn in Assassins creed origins.... it has a rainbow trail it leaves behind when moving and a sparkly horn.
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

Options
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say no to a unicorn mount and/pony pet. It would have to be special though, and yes it would probably be time-limited and about 4k in price.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Unicorn_Horn#Unicorn_Horn

Still, pretty sure TES unicorns aren't going to be white, rainbow, or anything pretty. Also says "horse like", my guess is Kagouti with a giant black tusk.

Sorry, but it looks like a horse.
    en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Unicorn

However, from your source:
    "Quest-specific ingredient collected from thecorpse of the Unicorn, a unique creature found in Harcane Grove. It is needed for Hircine's Daedric Quest."

Unique - I guess that should close this file.

Or if OP still wants it for everybody, beside it being unique - you can kill it, so it probably wouldn't live 1000 years? It maybe wouldn't even be there in times of ESO.
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SisterGoat wrote: »

You shall write an application to ZOS as Crown Store consultant. ^^
    Options
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    There was a unicorn in the single player ES: Oblivion. It was part of a quest for Hircine. You had to kill it and give Hircine it's horn.

Players also found out they could ride it like a horse. It would not stay when you dismounted, and would eventually find its way back to Hircine's shrine area. It also instantly aggro'd when anyone drew a weapon anywhere in its vicinity, and wouldn't stop attacking until it or the guard/bandit/player was dead.

Exactly, he was a real b***h to handle but I really liked him as mount and I always went back to catch him again :D, so never finished that quest on purpose.

I hope they will bring back the Unicorn, not stupidly overpriced though.

lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    OP you are dangerously close to angering the lore people and you do not want that...

the lore people know that unicorns are in the lore so the OP is safe

also why are people saying the unicorn would probably not be white? is there something about white that I'm missing?
    I think a unicorn mount would be cool and honestly I'd probably buy it if fairly priced. Obviously it wouldn't be rainbow or otherwise absurd looking
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
    Options
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO!+Meme+Face.jpg

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

Options
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

srsly. how much does it have to cost then? 50.000 crowns? i just need to see all those crown crate items, how many people own crown houses and i have an idea of how many people are willing to give a *** of money into that stuff.
    Edited by Dont_do_drugs on November 10, 2017 3:42PM

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you say ten. thousand. crowns.? Sparkling white with a rainbow horn.

Instantly flees when attacked though.

My honest opinion is that unicorns are supposed to be rare on the one hand, on the other hand I don't see it worse as "undead" bone mounts, so have at it.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    5000 crowns minimum guaranteed
    Options
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This stinks of my little [snip] pony and I'm sick of that crap. Big NO.
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 14, 2018 9:31PM
    Options
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    This stinks of my little [snip] pony and I'm sick of that crap. Big NO.

You really think it would be implemented as a cartoon rainbow coloured cluster****? I think it could work pretty well, given the quality of mount designs we've seen from ESO. Especially the Witch Knight Charger we saw recently. And it's definitely lore-friendly, since the unicorn in Oblivion was possibly the last of its kind, but ESO is set almost a millennia before then.

Take Oblivion's white (not cartoony, not rainbow coloured) unicorn:

350?cb=20170325220235

Add ESO quality armour upgrades (from riding skill levels, togglable off so the unicorn can look like above):

d13043125c3a18652b707ec443493d07--fantasy-rpg-fantasy-artwork.jpg

48859-bigthumbnail.jpg

And watch players go wild for the inevitable black/doom reskin:

f9a451926303b7d5c514f74364ff0f10.jpg
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 14, 2018 9:31PM
    Options
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol why stop at unicorns? Double up - daedric bicorn. I'd buy either; stuff like this is good for character aesthetic style points.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
    Options
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's sort of a mythical creature and definitely should never be implemented as a mere player mount.
    Edited by tplink3r1 on November 11, 2017 8:19PM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, Lore friendly. Will never happen since this is not the FF edition of ESO
    Options
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bring it to the crown store make it lore friendly though and if you dismount then it disappears and you have to buy another one... this would make them very rare :)
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They only have to slap a horn on the imperial horse. Should be cheap ;)
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extremely limited, sure. Extremely expensive, no hell no. Not cool if they made it so that only rich people could buy it. Of course, that's probably exactly what they'd do. :/
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about... let them sell unicorns, but only to people who never ever do ERP? :p;)

...on a more serious note... yeah, I could seem them adding a unicorn somewhere to ESO. Either as yet another cash grab in the crown store, but more likely as a "quest" being much like other questline NPCs.

Guess we'll see which way they go in time.
    Options
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh yes and all the people riding bears made of sticks/cats that glow blue/wolves with glowing red eyes/flaming horses/working dwemer spiders in large numbers are all lore friendly.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
    Options
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All it will be or can be is a horse with a horn growing out of it's head.... it's already ten times more lore friendly then the thousands of supposedly rare mounts that are wandering around.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
    Options