The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Can we get a UNICORN MOUNT or PET PLEASE~

• coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What they could do is put it in a DLC, they'd still get money for the DLC and it'd just be a horse with a horn so it's not hard design wise, have a quest that you have to catch and tame it, or even lock it behind a hard trial so it'd be hard to get to, that would solve the lore friendly and the rarity.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
    Options
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    Octopuss wrote: »
    This stinks of my little [snip] pony and I'm sick of that crap. Big NO.

You really think it would be implemented as a cartoon rainbow coloured cluster****? I think it could work pretty well, given the quality of mount designs we've seen from ESO. Especially the Witch Knight Charger we saw recently. And it's definitely lore-friendly, since the unicorn in Oblivion was possibly the last of its kind, but ESO is set almost a millennia before then.

Take Oblivion's white (not cartoony, not rainbow coloured) unicorn:

350?cb=20170325220235

Add ESO quality armour upgrades (from riding skill levels, togglable off so the unicorn can look like above):

d13043125c3a18652b707ec443493d07--fantasy-rpg-fantasy-artwork.jpg

48859-bigthumbnail.jpg

And watch players go wild for the inevitable black/doom reskin:

f9a451926303b7d5c514f74364ff0f10.jpg

A unicorn with fancy armour? Yes please. The black one looks cool.
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 14, 2018 9:31PM
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
    Options
  • Castiel_Silvermist
    Castiel_Silvermist
    ✭✭✭
    Never expected to see such reactions from everyone :) I'm hoping they do come out with one though. One of my dearest friends has been begging for one for months! lol.
    GM of The Order of the Stars
    PC: NA
    Castiel Silvermist -- Stamblade DPS (AD) Wood elf
    Valokiloren -- Templar healer (AD) Dark elf
    Vidia -- Mag Sorc (AD) Breton

Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but only if it attacks you every time you draw your weapons like the one in Oblivion did.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Never expected to see such reactions from everyone :) I'm hoping they do come out with one though. One of my dearest friends has been begging for one for months! lol.

Yeah I'm disappointed too... too many fun-suckers IMO.
    Options
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to point out that we have already mounts from the crown crates that are barely lore friendly so unicorns would not hurt. We are definitely way past the "this is lore friendly or not" argument. If some people want it, let them have it!

I don't really care for unicorns though. I would rather armored horses.
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on November 13, 2017 3:56PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    if unicorns shouldn't because they aren't reasonably in accordance with the lore, shouldn't there also be restrictions on player names for example? I've seen players with names like "xx farts xx" which is imo more lore unfriendly than a limited time unicorn mount
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
    Options
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    if unicorns shouldn't because they aren't reasonably in accordance with the lore, shouldn't there also be restrictions on player names for example? I've seen players with names like "xx farts xx" which is imo more lore unfriendly than a limited time unicorn mount

Agreed, or a herd of vampire chicks in their underwear all around the vvardenfell bank.
    Options
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The original elk mount was 4500 crowns, which is the most expensive mount we've ever had, excluding apex mounts. I imagine a unicorn would be 3500-4000 crowns and available for 3 days if it were an actual mount.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
    Options
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xlB0nqM.jpg
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
    Options
  • Irfind
    Irfind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um i would buy it, 4000 crowns ? I dont care give meeeeee :D
    PC EU no CP PVP
    EP Irfind - Stam NB Dunmer
    EP Iswind - Mag Warden Dunmer
    EP Ko'runa Silberklaue - Mag Temp Khajiit
    EP Eldrid Hagal - Mag DK Dunmer
    EP Feyne R'is - Stam Sorc Dunmer ...with Bow
    EP Wynn Loraethaine - Mag NB Dunmer
    AD Runare Loraethaine - Stam Sorc Altmer
    AD Skadi Hagal - Stam DK Khajiit
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always, I want to be with you
    And make believe with you
    And live in harmony, harmony oh love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC_Y4zOUdcI
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always loved the kind of unicorns that are more closely related to goats. The kind with beards and cloven hooves. If they did just slap a horn on a white horse, they could add a fancy saddle and bridle to make people want to buy it.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
    Options
  • StrawberryKitsune
    StrawberryKitsune
    ✭✭✭
    Oh the amount of crowns I would give for a Unicorn mount. The shiner and fancier the better.
    Options
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Always, I want to be with you
    And make believe with you
    And live in harmony, harmony oh love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC_Y4zOUdcI

They can have a "Unicorn of the Quarter"
    Q1 is Caring Unicorn
    Q2 is Empathy Unicorn