The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Q: Why is the daily dungeon pledge only 1 Crystal each?

• Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    @Urza1234 just doing daily vet gives more 3-30 pvp gives 4-25 per char/day
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait...there's an RNG for getting crystals? I thought it was fixed as follows:

Normal pledge: 1 crystal
    Normal random: 1 crystal
    Vet pledge: 1 crystal
    Vet HM pledge: 1 crystal
    PVP reward: 4 crystals.

That's exactly how I've gotten my 62 crystals.

There's no 'random' to it that I can see! ;)
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    krachall wrote: »
    Wait...there's an RNG for getting crystals? I thought it was fixed as follows:

Normal pledge: 1 crystal
    Normal random: 1 crystal
    Vet pledge: 1 crystal
    Vet HM pledge: 1 crystal
    PVP reward: 4 crystals.

That's exactly how I've gotten my 62 crystals.

There's no 'random' to it that I can see! ;)

(actually, I'm exaggerating...last night I did get 2 crystals from a vet pledge. But that's been the only one that's been higher than the minimum.)
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Ok so you have the option to go in and get more crystals but you are choosing a method you deem slower because you want to play that way? Seems like a fair trade-off to me.

pvp crowd had the option to do dungeons and farm for monster sets like everyone else... but the pvp crowd complained and got the golden vendor.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Ok so you have the option to go in and get more crystals but you are choosing a method you deem slower because you want to play that way? Seems like a fair trade-off to me.

pvp crowd had the option to do dungeons and farm for monster sets like everyone else... but the pvp crowd complained and got the golden vendor.

Plus the golden vendor now has all overland sets as well as pvp only gear.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »

Yeah, but that benefits everyone, since the golden vendor is the only source of Gold quality jewelry for most sets for PVE and PVP alike, bought with gold or AP.

• Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »

Yeah, but that benefits everyone, since the golden vendor is the only source of Gold quality jewelry for most sets for PVE and PVP alike, bought with gold or AP.

Tbh the conversion of gold to AP is just way to much, I know the player base makes the market for AP but dang, I mean 250k gold compared to 500k ap, that's like a 150-200k difference almost.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes me a lot more time to make AP than it does gold. Gold I can pull out of the ground with a very fast farming character. AP, I actually have to work for. I PVP about 2-3 nights a week, making 50-70kish AP a night. So both the gold and AP prices seem about right to me, as both are a nice chunk of change. Then again, I don't buy the overland sets in gold to resell, as most aren't worth the AP. Those that are, like Necropotence, eh, I'd rather keep the AP because again, I can pull gold out of the ground with a couple hours of dedicated farming.

But most dedicated PVP players would much rather use those couple of hours to be playing PVP, not pulling gold out of the ground.