The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Q: Why is the daily dungeon pledge only 1 Crystal each?

Cpt_Teemo
Cpt_Teemo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Also why do pvpers get it so easy to get the higher classed geodes just for doing one sit in for a pvp daily compared to a whole pve dungeon?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Instead of complaining so that the PvP crystal drop-rate gets nerfed you could go into PvP yourself and get more crystals! Problem solved and we don't have to suffer any nerfs or increase to the grind.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alot of people despise pvp for that reason, not to do it
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok so you have the option to go in and get more crystals but you are choosing a method you deem slower because you want to play that way? Seems like a fair trade-off to me.
  • Kahina
    Kahina
    ✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Instead of complaining so that the PvP crystal drop-rate gets nerfed you could go into PvP yourself and get more crystals! Problem solved and we don't have to suffer any nerfs or increase to the grind.

No. Better that they stop trying to force people into PVP. It's a joke at best.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kahina wrote: »

No one is forcing anyone to do anything i do not know where you conjured up that narrative.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No one is forcing anyone to do anything i do not know where you conjured up that narrative.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26221

Read, says CRYSTALS from every source not just one, each Random Daily / Vet / Normal all give 1, implying Crystal Not Crystals, so basically they lied to us within the exact contents of the update.

I also find it funny how the chance to drop from a final boss yet I have never seen one in over 50 dungeons
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on October 26, 2017 3:41PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also for the record i have seen many people complain that they got really low amounts of crystals from their PVP reward geodes so this seems to be an RNG thing. You might get more doing PvP but you also might get more doing PvE. Depends on how lucky you are.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's PVP guys! This is the new carrot on a stick for Cyrodiil.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26221

Read, says CRYSTALS from every source not just one, each Random Daily / Vet / Normal all give 1, implying Crystal Not Crystals, so basically they lied to us within the exact contents of the update.

I also find it funny how the chance to drop from a final boss yet I have never seen one in over 50 dungeons

"You can earn Transumation crystals form the following activities"

It seems to me the plural use of crystals there was not referring to drop rates. And yeah i didn't expect the chance to get one from a final boss to be high at all.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All pledges can drop 1 crystal, and.. that's normally the case it appears.

Normal pledge will only drop 1 crystal.
    Vet pledge may drop 1-3 crystals.
    Vet HM pledge may drop 1-10 crystals.

As well the final boss of any dungeon has a chance to drop a geode. I've only received a geode from a veteran dungeon - it was purple so 1-10 crystals. Not sure what geode is dropped randomly in normal dungeons though.

Yeah, it's a bit lame. As a PvE'er.. it's easier to get more crystals in PvP. At least you get 4 for your first RFTW.. which can also be up to 25 (though I imagine that's rare)

..it is pretty annoying a random normal dungeon and a random veteran dungeon have the same reward... only 1 crystal.
    It'd be great for someone from Zos explain to me how normal Fungral Grotto 1 deserves as many crystals as Vet Falkreath.
    Edited by MissBizz on October 26, 2017 3:52PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Meetre
    Meetre
    ✭✭✭
    It always amazes me that people who don't like pvp don't seem to understand that pvper's generally don't like to pve. And pvper's have to spend much more time in pve to get gear and skills than pveer's spend in pvp to get the things locked behind that wall. I ran 4 vet dungeons the other day and got 17 crystals, took about an hour and a half of real time. In three hours of pvp I got 11. Yes, it it is random and I have a very small sample, but don't go thinking that pvp has it easy getting them, it will be a grind for all of us.
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alot of people despise pvp for that reason, not to do it

Then go do it.
    Edited by Kalante on October 26, 2017 3:55PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Main source for crystals in PvE seem to be weekly trial reward, you can do 6 normal trials for 5 crystals each week totaly 30.

In PvP you have the first reward for the worthy with 4.
    This matches with doing 3 pledges and an random dungeon.

You also have the end of campaign reward 10 for weekly or 50 for monthly.
    Now you can do some hours with PvP each month for 100K AP for 50 crystals, is 100K confirmed?

In short PvE give more crystals over time if you run normal trials often. PvP require less work.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My problem with the crystals is that the RNG for acquiring them is heavily weighted to give you the lowest possible reward with the greatest chance. 99% of the time Vet HM pledges will give you 1-2 crystals. 99% rewards of the worthy geodes will give you 4 crystals. And so on...
  • DarkAedin
    DarkAedin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also why do pvpers get it so easy to get the higher classed geodes just for doing one sit in for a pvp daily compared to a whole pve dungeon?

So u made a new thread devoted to this after this was just discussed 5 min ago with u in another thread?
    Cmon man grow a pair and play the game
  • Caleb_Kadesh
    Caleb_Kadesh
    ✭✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »
    My problem with the crystals is that the RNG for acquiring them is heavily weighted to give you the lowest possible reward with the greatest chance. 99% of the time Vet HM pledges will give you 1-2 crystals. 99% rewards of the worthy geodes will give you 4 crystals. And so on...

Sounds like they were intended to be valuable and therefore not plentiful. Working as intended. This is a mechanic to reduce the frustration of continual farming and not receiving the desired trait.

I for one would like to thank the developers for providing a method that doesn't completely depend on RNG and allows us to have a much more dependable way to acquire desired traits on gear.

I have children and it never ceases to amaze me the extent they will complain because of a perceived slight when it comes to gifts. Gifts that they were never upset about until they received them. :neutral:
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sounds like they were intended to be valuable and therefore not plentiful. Working as intended. This is a mechanic to reduce the frustration of continual farming and not receiving the desired trait.

I for one would like to thank the developers for providing a method that doesn't completely depend on RNG and allows us to have a much more dependable way to acquire desired traits on gear.

I have children and it never ceases to amaze me the extent they will complain because of a perceived slight when it comes to gifts. Gifts that they were never upset about until they received them. :neutral:

Yeah, 1 crystal compared to 4-20 from pvp which takes alot less time is considered a "Gift"? really.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DarkAedin wrote: »

So u made a new thread devoted to this after this was just discussed 5 min ago with u in another thread?

I do play the game, just pvp is so disgusting to literally every pver / rper in the game.
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on October 26, 2017 4:15PM
  • theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quick note to all those who main pvp: everyone would much prefer pve rates were raised for parity with pvp rates, not for pvp rates the get the axe. No one is trying to rain on your crystal parade. No need for the “us vs them” crap.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Quick note to all those who main pvp: everyone would much prefer pve rates were raised for parity with pvp rates, not for pvp rates the get the axe. No one is trying to rain on your crystal parade. No need for the “us vs them” crap.

Exactly, we just want fair share for both pvp and pve
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We used to grind for the right trait to drop on our gear. Now we grind for crystals to change the crap trait that dropped on our gear.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As Bizz pointed out, vet HM pledges have a chance to drop up to 10 crystals. It's only normal pledges and randoms that are (seemingly) restricted to 1 crystal. This seems fair to me. If you're only running normal dungeons, then your traits don't matter anyway. Trait change crystals should be most readily available from the content for which traits actually matter, vet content.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. Some of us actually play both, I enjoy pve and pvp...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, 1 crystal compared to 4-20 from pvp which takes alot less time is considered a "Gift"? really.

You have no proof presented what so ever and since you don't PvP you have no first hand experience.
    You just want to cry that Bobbie got one more lick on his ice cream than you.
    Edited by TequilaFire on October 26, 2017 4:41PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DarkAedin wrote: »

I do play the game, just pvp is so disgusting to literally every pver / rper in the game.

Literally huh? How about you just speak for yourself there champ?
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you overestimate how much AP a lot of PvPers make. Some struggle to get their rewards for the worthy mails. It also might be better for PvEers long-term because they can get 1-10 crystals per vet hardmode (on top of the boss sometimes dropping a geode) while PvPers just get the one 4-25. Granted, we don't know what the weights are for the crystals dropping higher amounts, but if they're similar then a PvEer doing all their pledges should eventually outpace someone who strictly PvPs.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand what the mechanic is supposed to be and they have explained it explicitly. It's not supposed to be a mechanic that replaces the grind for gear in the right traits, but rather something to alleviate the RNG if you really can't get that one piece of gear in the right trait.

Having said that, I first assumed it would be complete RNG how much you would get out of a coffer within the set margins. This doesn't seem to be the case at all. And that just feels bad. It's just so heavily weighted towards the lowest reward that it kinda puts me off.
  • theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    As Bizz pointed out, vet HM pledges have a chance to drop up to 10 crystals. It's only normal pledges and randoms that are (seemingly) restricted to 1 crystal. This seems fair to me. If you're only running normal dungeons, then your traits don't matter anyway. Trait change crystals should be most readily available from the content for which traits actually matter, vet content.
    “Up to”, sure, but I ran 5 vet pledges yesterday and got 1, 1, 2, 1, 2.

Normals getting 1 I understand, but vets should have a higher minimum than that, or at least a scale less weighted to the minimum.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

well no, I also do not play PVP. and yes, PVP should not be nerferd.

instead PVE should be buffed, give us PVErs more crystals per drop!!!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the three dungeons I did on vet hm yesterday, I got a total of 5 crystals, 2-2-1.Yeah, that's a bit disappointing especially since one of them was Bloodroot Forge.