The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

wrothgar home

cheeseaddict
cheeseaddict
✭✭✭
anyone know why there is no homes available in wrothgar?
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally, I thought ZOS took the stance of not adding homes to DLC areas because it would prevent certain houses being locked behind paid content. However that no longer seems to be the case, so yeah I'd love to have a home in Wrothgar.

At least the two Orcish houses in Bangkorai are nice
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would pay good coin for an Orsimer Longhouse. Love that style.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar needs a house. My Orc needs a home
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Want a home in Wrothgar? Well, I think you'll be getting an answer sometime tomorrow, when the showcase drops. :3

EDIT: Scratch that. Apparently, Pariah's Pinnacle won't be available this month. Hopefully next month?
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on November 3, 2017 8:09PM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Pinacle notable will be right next to Malestrom it’s open for previewing now.
  • cheeseaddict
    cheeseaddict
    ✭✭✭
    ? Krainor1974....nothing showing up on my map.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If u stand infront of malestrom it’s too the right across a new bridge you can go in and preview it only
    Edited by Krainor1974 on November 3, 2017 5:10PM
  • cheeseaddict
    cheeseaddict
    ✭✭✭
    found it, thanks
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar dream home.

I am praying I can afford it.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is one on the Gold Coast that was added long after DLC release. It was a crown store exclusive and only available for a short while. I'm almost certain they will add more as crown store exclusives to further monetize the content.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Originally, I thought ZOS took the stance of not adding homes to DLC areas because it would prevent certain houses being locked behind paid content. However that no longer seems to be the case, so yeah I'd love to have a home in Wrothgar.

I would prefer house to be lock behind Pay content than currently behind Pay wall of 10K crowns xD

• SunnyBunny
    SunnyBunny
    ✭✭✭
    UGH I am so wanting this house its crazy. I've watched a few youtube videos showing it. If they would be SO kind and you know let us know how much to save. I haven't really spent that much gold and have been working double time to save. but since I don't even know if they will let you buy it with gold I'm more then a bit nervous about it.

At this point i went into CWC once and plan on grinding through Wrothgar. Because what if you need to have done some sort of achievement for this to get it? I have a pretty good amount of things done on my main. Most of the museum stuff done - but I overthink everything lol
    Lone Wolf Help ~ Royal Bank of Tamriel ~ Black Market Wares

I Know I'm Lost

*Ernestina - Imperial Temp
    *Ennus - Bosmer Sorc
    *Greavy - Orc DK
    *Somniate - Ra Gada NB
    *Cilano - Imperial DK
    *Ba'Raka - Khajiit Warden
    *Bird In Hand - Argonian Templar
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I been buying achievement , lux items preparing for my Pinacle house been working on it all through pts so I know exactly what I want to do.

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some note on this thread based on the comments:

1. Regarding houses and paywalls, so far the practice is that Zos does NOT lock anyone out of DLC zone houses, but they DO somewhat lock out chapter zones (Morrowind) by making the homes contingent on area achievements. I’d expect this to continue. If they release dlc area homes you’ll likely be able to own them, but only port in and out if you don’t have dlc access.

2. The Wrothgar home is Pariah’s Pinnacle. It will open for preview for servers that have updated to Clockwork City (11/11 for consoles). However, PP is not for sale yet and there is no pricing info. If it’s like the other home, the Observatory, it might be a crown-only offer. The Observatory is 12,000 crowns for reference.

3. If you want a Wrothgar(ish) home, there are two Ancient Orc style homes in Bangorai.

Mournoth Keep, $325k: this is one of the best values in the game, IMO. Lots of outdoor space, giant patios, nice interiors. Awesome views. It’s not snowy enough, but maybe someday Zos will offer snow covered trees and outdoor items. This home is also fifteen feet from a wayshrine, which is nice.

Foresaken stronghold, $1.3 million. It’s sort of the same but 50% larger.
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    That wrothgar house was in the pts... is it safe to assume it will be purchasable with in game gold? probably cost as much as the other manors which I'm fine with. PLEASE just don't make it crowns only...... no release date :/
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be the CS Orc notable like the others so might be just crowns
  • SunnyBunny
    SunnyBunny
    ✭✭✭
    For me I bought the Wrothgar DLC which is fine. I really do love the zone a lot, although I am slowly working my way through it.

The Bangorai houses I didn't like to much not sure why just didn't.

If the keep it as a notable home for like longer then a few days that would be great to be honest.
    Lone Wolf Help ~ Royal Bank of Tamriel ~ Black Market Wares

I Know I'm Lost

*Ernestina - Imperial Temp
    *Ennus - Bosmer Sorc
    *Greavy - Orc DK
    *Somniate - Ra Gada NB
    *Cilano - Imperial DK
    *Ba'Raka - Khajiit Warden
    *Bird In Hand - Argonian Templar
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent the whole pts fixing up the Pariah Pinacle to be my mains vampire sanctuary. I’ve been buying achievement items , crafting or having a friend craft the items that I would be putting in there. As soon as it’s released I would just have to set it up with the items in my personal and guild banks and than add as time goes by.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on November 7, 2017 11:27PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »

@Cadbury

If you have a DLC House or have access to one from a Friend/Guildie, you can port directly to the house from the map. But if you leave the house through the door, you are ported back to where you were before you went to the house.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Some note on this thread based on the comments:

1. Regarding houses and paywalls, so far the practice is that Zos does NOT lock anyone out of DLC zone houses, but they DO somewhat lock out chapter zones (Morrowind) by making the homes contingent on area achievements. I’d expect this to continue. If they release dlc area homes you’ll likely be able to own them, but only port in and out if you don’t have dlc access.

That's not entirely true, since you can purchase either of the two homes still available (Ald Velothi and Amaya) for Crowns, completely bypassing the in-game achievement requirements. But, you CANNOT purchase the homes with gold unless you have access to MW and completed the requisite achievements.

So, basically, any home in a DLC area will likely be available to anyone to purchase WITH CROWNS whether they have access to/own the DLC or not. But, IF any are available for gold, you likely won't be able to purchase them with gold unless you do have access to the DLC.

I'd love to see some homes in DLC areas available for purchase with gold. But, so far, it seems ZOS' model is to have CS only ones in the DLC areas. MW was an exception, since it is a chapter, though it still had a CS only limited-time house. The ones available for gold don't even have to be giant monstrosities. I'd love to see small/medium homes (even apartments) for sale in towns/cities, esp. in DLC areas - even the Hollow City. I couldn't care less about the Coldharbour Estate (I'm almost certain it'll be CS only, unless they somehow make it related to a HC achievement), but I'd love to have one of the homes in the HC, which would be available to purchase with gold after you complete the zone.

But, it seems that a lot of people like the notables. Not that I'm against large homes - I do have Tel Galen and Lake Amaya, but they aren't huge like the manors. I have no interest in the Pinnacle, since it just looks like a big giant awkward monstrous place, but I know others (who are certainly more creative than I) are really looking forward to it. And, if lots of people want giant homes and are willing to shell out large amounts of Crowns for them, that's all we'll probably see for the most part.

I was disappointed that the Orbservatory was not available for gold, but I was somewhat pleased that it's not limited time. It gives people a chance to save up for it, if they want. But, how long it'll be in the store before they remove it to make way for new stock, is anyone's guess.