The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

LOAD SCREENS!!!

regime211
regime211
✭✭✭✭✭
It would be nice to play pvp on ps4 without constantly getting long load screens or being booted out the game. It's been 3 years since release are we seriously still having to deal with this? The load screens have gotten worse!
  • Fordguy0487
    Fordguy0487
    Soul Shriven
    I agree... I can't port or respawn anywhere without closing and reloading app. After several years and hundreds of dollars into this game I'm nearing the end of my patience...
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happening on Xbox too for what it's worth.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve noticed a game performance decrease on my PS4 Pro. Crashes and long load screens like we haven’t seen in along time...
    Edited by Vaoh on November 8, 2017 2:29AM
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am commenting on every load screen post so ZOS sees them and does something hopefully.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Stratforge
      Stratforge
      ✭✭✭✭
      Absolutely intolerable
      PC NA
      Xbox One NA (retired)
    • Jake1576
      Jake1576
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Damn load screens!!!!!! You can't even pvp with how bad they are right now
    • MinarasLaure
      MinarasLaure
      ✭✭✭✭
      I think is consoles only, Pc na nothing out of ordinary. (I mean....we obviously have load screens, but it's not worse than usual)
    • Eldar_Ftw
      Eldar_Ftw
      ✭✭
      It's happening on PC as well, pissed me off cause as a low cp player winning a bg now is like winning the lottery. I actually get in a match my team is about to win I die and BAM infinite loading screen on my first fraking BG "win", or at least would have been FML.

Oh and icing on the freaking cake, had to restart the game client on steam, and I get the deserter de buff....when I log back on. It's pretty sad when Swtor and BDO are more optimized than this game.
      Edited by Eldar_Ftw on November 8, 2017 9:46AM
    • frost_giant7
      frost_giant7
      Soul Shriven
      Not only in pvp but also in pretty much empty instances in pve! I've spent 10 minutes in loading screen and the only thing that fixed it was having to close the game and start it over to get out of it! It's just ridiculous, this needs to be fixed asap!
    • ZOS_GinaBruno
      ZOS_GinaBruno
      Community Manager
      Thanks all, we're actively looking into this on all platforms.
      Gina Bruno
      Senior Community Manager
      Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
      Staff Post
    • CaliCrippy714
      CaliCrippy714
      ✭✭✭

Finally! Thanks Gina
    • Kuramas9tails
      Kuramas9tails
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank Goodness. I literally closed the game last night, opened it back up, pressed one button and got stuck in a load screen and had to close the game again so I just went straight to bed after that.
        Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
        New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
        AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
        AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
        FOR THE QUEEN!
        PS4/NA
      • Ch4mpTW
        Ch4mpTW
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        It’s not just PvP, however. It’s everywhere. I can be walking up the stairs in Elden Root, Grahtwood and enter an infinite load screen. Or, I could be porting out of the new trial and enter an infinite load screen. Something is definitely wrong that’s effecting both PvE and PvP performance.
      • Docmandu
        Docmandu
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I am commenting on every load screen post so ZOS sees them and does something hopefully.

Good luck with that.. been doing something similar since May...
      • Sargentwilko51
        Sargentwilko51
        ✭✭✭
        The load screens seem to be exponentially worse this update than in any previous (save that dastardly issue from a few years back where the number of quest completes affected load screens.)

Loading into trials, zones, pvp areas yesterday (even right after patch when we can assume population was low), resulted in long load screens necessitating closing the application and restarting it.

Forget it if you were in pvp and wanted to transitus shrine somewhere... that was just select the area, wait 10 seconds and close the app simply because you knew it wouldn't load you in.
      • AAbrigo
        AAbrigo
        ✭✭✭
        Talvorian wrote: »
        The load screens seem to be exponentially worse this update than in any previous (save that dastardly issue from a few years back where the number of quest completes affected load screens.)

Loading into trials, zones, pvp areas yesterday (even right after patch when we can assume population was low), resulted in long load screens necessitating closing the application and restarting it.

Forget it if you were in pvp and wanted to transitus shrine somewhere... that was just select the area, wait 10 seconds and close the app simply because you knew it wouldn't load you in.

Agree.

You need to close the app and login again.
      • regime211
        regime211
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        This is frustrating it's been going on for 3 years come on zenimax, enough is ENOUGH ALREADY! Forget the DLCS forget the crown store please fix these issues.
      • xSkullfox
        xSkullfox
        ✭✭✭✭✭

Default answer since 3 years...
        Groupfinder:
        The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
        • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
        • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
        • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
        • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
        • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
        • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
        • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
        • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
      • regime211
        regime211
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        xSkullfox wrote: »

Default answer since 3 years...

Seriously it is.
      • itscompton
        itscompton
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Talvorian wrote: »

The scary thing is that took them until the next major update to fix on console when it happened. If it takes that long to fix this time PvP won't survive.

• Koolio
        Koolio
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭

Anything yet? We need this hot fixed yesteryear.
      • NyassaV
        NyassaV
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Feels like it's gotten worse. Lag in general feels worse in Cyro. It used to be only in some fights there was lag now it's almost all fights with more than 10 people and no I do not have a potato computer
        Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
        She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
      • disintegr8
        disintegr8
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Definitely heaps more load screens for me in Kyne while using transitus shrines after the update. Seemed that if the resource I was travelling to/from was being attacked (but not yet showing as under siege) I got a never ending load screen.
        Australian on PS4 NA server.
        Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
      • gp1680
        gp1680
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I'm in Vivec right now and can't play the friggin game because I can't get out of a loading screen. Is this really happening? This is the better performance in pvp they said would happen this update? Unbelievable...
      • disintegr8
        disintegr8
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭

And I'm actively looking for other games that I can actually play.
        Australian on PS4 NA server.
        Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
      • Lyeloren
        Lyeloren
        ✭✭
        I had about an hour today where the transit stones worked and getting killed then respawning at a keep was fine. It was a fluke, now I'm back with everyone else and the infinite load screens.
        Edited by Lyeloren on November 9, 2017 3:40AM
      • Shadowshire
        Shadowshire
        ✭✭✭✭
        @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert
        It seems to me that reducing the loading screen time-delays must include Bethesda. Reportedly they provide the network and the game host severs, whether Bethesda personnel are directly involved in the administration and/or operation of the hardware and its attendant systems software. Of course, the efficiency with which the game client and the game host, respectively, can process the input and output transmitted via the Internet is germane to overall performance, too.

Since Clockwork City was released, the time required for "transitions" has increased at least 25 - 50%, and they were too long for anyone's comfort before that. The transition times have become intolerable for logging-in to play and selecting a character, in particular.

Also, recently I began encountering significant delays while my character is (a) using a wayshrine to move to another wayshrine; (b) "teleporting" to a wayshrine or to a homestead; (c) passing through a gate or a door into a delve, dungeon, trial, or another area such as a zone; or (d) using a "portal", such the one between a Guild hall and Eyevea or The Earth Forge.

LOGGING-IN
        Logging-in to play TESO reminds me of Carly Simon's song, "Anticipation" ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=4NwP3wes4M8 ). Indeed, probably I can listen to the entire song after I enter the password on the main log-in page before I can play the character which I have chosen. (But are these the "good old days", and for whom?)
        • Ordinarily, I must wait at least 5 MINUTES after entering the password on the main log-in screen to play the game, before the game client displays the Character Select screen.
        • Then at least another 15 - 30 seconds pass before the game software acknowledges any of my input after the Character Select Screen appears.
        • Usually, I must wait at least 3 MINUTES after selecting a character before the game client shows the HUD.
        • Then the game client ignores any and all input for at least another 30 - 60 seconds while the Frame Rate wobbles between zero and 30, and the network latency -- displayed in red digits -- eventually drops from 999+ to about 110 - 136 ms., displayed in white digits.

LOGGING OUT
        The logout count-downs are a bad joke. The message "You will log-out after 0 seconds." is displayed for 10 - 30 seconds (sometimes longer) before either (a) a transition screen is shown after choosing ESC > Log Out, or (b) the OS desktop is displayed after choosing ESC > Quit.
        • After I choose ESC > Log-Out on the character's HUD, a count-down dialog is shown, then the game client displays either (a) the Character Select screen, or, far more likely, (b) yet another transition screen for at least 1 - 3 MINUTES before the Character Select screen appears. After either outcome, the game client ignores my input for another 10 - 20 seconds, whether I want to select another character, select the same character, or choose the Back option instead.
          • After I choose a character on the Character Select screen, I must wait at least 3 MINUTES before the game client shows the HUD. It doesn't matter whether the character was the one most recently selected.
          • Then the game client ignores any and all input for another 30 - 60+ seconds while the Frame Rate wobbles between zero and 30, and the network latency -- initially displayed in red digits -- eventually drops from 999+ to about 110 - 135 ms., displayed in white digits.
        • After I choose ESC > Quit on the character's HUD, a count-down dialog is shown, then either (a) the OS desktop is displayed (sometimes after the screen is blank black for about 5 - 10 seconds), or, much more likely, (b) the game client displays a transition screen for about 1 - 3 MINUTES before the OS desktop is displayed.
        After I choose Back on the Character Selection screen, usually a transition screen is briefly shown before the game client displays the main Log-In screen.

Note that the situation that I describe above is not just with PvE, but, according to other posts and discussions, for PvP too.

Note also that the above remarks concern only "transitions", also called "loading screens". But be aware that they are not the only delays that players increasingly encounter with regard to the performance of the game software and the network with which it operates. Those in particular will, if they continue unabated, eventually render the game unplayable.

For what it is worth, if I recall correctly, TESO transition delays began increasing after One Tamriel was released. At the time, I accepted longer delays as probably caused, primarily, by the notable increase in the number of active players. That is, apparently neither ZOS nor Bethesda were prepared for the sudden influx of new players, along with returning players. Be that as it might have been, these delays have become increasingly intolerable. Whether they are related to the continuing release of DLCs and the Morrowind "chapter", I can only speculate.

Regardless, it seems that releasing the Clockwork City DLC has produced a tipping-point in two respects. One is the number and variety of apparent flaws and errors in the design and implementation of the game software, i.e., the accumulation of "bugs". The other is that the game system performance has slowed to a crawl. If Zenimax Media, Inc., believes that these are irrelevant to enough players to maintain their profits, then may I observe that greed makes the wisest of men a fool?

Edited by Shadowshire on November 9, 2017 2:09AM
        --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
      • regime211
        regime211
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        https://youtu.be/zjnvS5hAe_U

This is ridiculous...
      • Hutch679
        Hutch679
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        What is happening... I have to quit out and restart after every load screen in cyrodiil....
      This discussion has been closed.