The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

LOAD SCREENS!!!

• OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m stuck in a delve on my main character
    Options
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We are actively investigating and testing a few things. We're not yet able to give you an ETA, but please know that we're doing all we can. This is a priority for us." - Public twitter response to a user question from TESOnline earlier this afternoon

So no firm resolution and no ETA yet. Looking at other threads, this really does seem to be hitting console much harder than PC platforms.
    PS4NA
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the problem of 'endless load screen' on occasion when wayshrining between dolemens which results in having to force close the game and restart. Very annoying.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • DreadKnight
    DreadKnight
    ✭✭✭
    quality assurance

noun
    noun: quality assurance

the maintenance of a desired level of quality in a service or product, especially by means of attention to every stage of the process of delivery or production.

ZOS ^ please study - 'cus you need some.
    Options
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the bad thing is that if you spawn at a forward camp, an opposing faction farms you and kills you while you are in a loading screen. I’ve never seen so many toons stuck all over cyrodiil just standing there.
    Options
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all, we're actively looking into this on all platforms.

I'm actively cancelling my subscription, and with great success.

How about you guys? Any progress?
    Options
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about you ACTIVELY START giving free days of ESO+ to your dwindling subcriber base?

You managed to screw up even worse than expected. These loading screens everywhere are joke.. and ofc you do not have any ETA nor anything.

Did you test your "patch" or knah.. why bother again?
    Options
  • TazESO
    TazESO
    ✭✭✭
    I’m not seeing any of what OP describes, except the black screen at exit. PCNA.

I have not been in PVP since Clockwork dropped tho. Too busy leveling Mag Sorc, been in most zones, dungeons, etc.

I feelz for all you friends experiencing the console mess.
    Options
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how do you guys expect anyone to be able to gain AP for the golden, When you can't even play the game.

Honestly what you guys should have done, was given us 200 transmute crystals, and yes 200! For this dreadful release, but you guys won't because you don't know how to take actual accountability for your mess. It's absolutely annoying that this DLC was released Tuesday, and yet everyone on consoles are still dealing with this issue. We the consumers are tired of the excuses you OWE US!
    Options
  • TheWalkinDread
    Got stuck in a load screen on PvP with my Stamsorc and now I cant even load in with him now. Can get on my other characters just fine
    Options
  • TheWalkinDread
    Got in! Took 7 attempts tho! You watch the golden vendor sell something i want this weekend....shouldnt of wasted my AP :(
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    "We are actively investigating and testing a few things. We're not yet able to give you an ETA, but please know that we're doing all we can. This is a priority for us." - Public twitter response to a user question from TESOnline earlier this afternoon

So no firm resolution and no ETA yet. Looking at other threads, this really does seem to be hitting console much harder than PC platforms.

So basically they're telling us the same stuff they've been saying for 6+ months.. ie been nagging about it since May..
    Hi @Docmandu - responding here based on what you and a few others posted in this thread. We shared your concerns and frustrations with the team and provided some examples (thanks again for the detail and links.) They're digging into loading screen logs going as far back as the beginning of May. Are you able to say if the crashes you've been experiencing are consistently tied to loading screen time-outs? Or are they separate?
    -- July 19, ZOS_JessicaFolsom, https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4347454/#Comment_4347454

Hey guys. We are aware there's an issue here and it isn't getting any better. What we'd like to do is gather some information to see if there's any correlation or help more quickly pinpoint what the exact cause is. To be clear, we have been investigating and this isn't the first look we're doing, but more detailed information certainly helps expedite this. Things that would help include what platform/server you play on, which campaign you're in, where you're trying to load into or teleport to, the status of the keep you're trying to visit (if you're going to a keep), etc. The more info, the better.
    -- Oct 10, ZOS_GinaBruno, https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4557573/#Comment_4557573

so basicallly they waited until the issue blew up in their face.. and now it's just damage control and more broken promises.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update from ESO Live.

They're working on it, have their top people on it and it's a high priority.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Dalbaeth
    Dalbaeth
    Turelus wrote: »
    Update from ESO Live.

Thank you for the update....although if read with sarcasm in mind it also makes sense

Options
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update from ESO Live.

I think one could make the argument they haven't had their "top people" working on pvp in quite some time.
    Options
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two hour loading screens on xbox one... wth, only fix is close game and reopen it back up. Infinite loading screens : /
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
    Options
  • Eliza Godhater
    Eliza Godhater
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Gina!
    Options
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No update? KK check back in 3 months
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
    Options
  • IrishRoyalty1124
    I still can't travel anywhere in pvp without being caught in a load screen that results in me having to close app and restart. I've been trying to get I to a fight for the last 2 hours in pvp and all I've gotten was infinite load screens. Could you guys maybe fix something instead of just "looking into it", which seems to be the polite way of telling us all too bad.
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update from ESO Live.

Maybe its time for ZoS to evaluate the performance of "their top people"...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • AoDD33pfri3d
    AoDD33pfri3d
    ✭✭✭

It's about time it's been almost 4 years and now you respond to it, horrible customer service
    Options
  • AoDD33pfri3d
    AoDD33pfri3d
    ✭✭✭
    It's also pve too not just pvp
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sad thing of this, is that they'll probably fix the console issue and "forget" about the same issue that has been happening on PC for the last 6+ months.
    Options
  • AoDD33pfri3d
    AoDD33pfri3d
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert
    It seems to me that reducing the loading screen time-delays must include Bethesda. Reportedly they provide the network and the game host severs, whether Bethesda personnel are directly involved in the administration and/or operation of the hardware and its attendant systems software. Of course, the efficiency with which the game client and the game host, respectively, can process the input and output transmitted via the Internet is germane to overall performance, too.

Since Clockwork City was released, the time required for "transitions" has increased at least 25 - 50%, and they were too long for anyone's comfort before that. The transition times have become intolerable for logging-in to play and selecting a character, in particular.

Also, recently I began encountering significant delays while my character is (a) using a wayshrine to move to another wayshrine; (b) "teleporting" to a wayshrine or to a homestead; (c) passing through a gate or a door into a delve, dungeon, trial, or another area such as a zone; or (d) using a "portal", such the one between a Guild hall and Eyevea or The Earth Forge.

LOGGING-IN
    Logging-in to play TESO reminds me of Carly Simon's song, "Anticipation" ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=4NwP3wes4M8 ). Indeed, probably I can listen to the entire song after I enter the password on the main log-in page before I can play the character which I have chosen. (But are these the "good old days", and for whom?)
    • Ordinarily, I must wait at least 5 MINUTES after entering the password on the main log-in screen to play the game, before the game client displays the Character Select screen.
    • Then at least another 15 - 30 seconds pass before the game software acknowledges any of my input after the Character Select Screen appears.
    • Usually, I must wait at least 3 MINUTES after selecting a character before the game client shows the HUD.
    • Then the game client ignores any and all input for at least another 30 - 60 seconds while the Frame Rate wobbles between zero and 30, and the network latency -- displayed in red digits -- eventually drops from 999+ to about 110 - 136 ms., displayed in white digits.

LOGGING OUT
    The logout count-downs are a bad joke. The message "You will log-out after 0 seconds." is displayed for 10 - 30 seconds (sometimes longer) before either (a) a transition screen is shown after choosing ESC > Log Out, or (b) the OS desktop is displayed after choosing ESC > Quit.
    • After I choose ESC > Log-Out on the character's HUD, a count-down dialog is shown, then the game client displays either (a) the Character Select screen, or, far more likely, (b) yet another transition screen for at least 1 - 3 MINUTES before the Character Select screen appears. After either outcome, the game client ignores my input for another 10 - 20 seconds, whether I want to select another character, select the same character, or choose the Back option instead.
      • After I choose a character on the Character Select screen, I must wait at least 3 MINUTES before the game client shows the HUD. It doesn't matter whether the character was the one most recently selected.
      • Then the game client ignores any and all input for another 30 - 60+ seconds while the Frame Rate wobbles between zero and 30, and the network latency -- initially displayed in red digits -- eventually drops from 999+ to about 110 - 135 ms., displayed in white digits.
    • After I choose ESC > Quit on the character's HUD, a count-down dialog is shown, then either (a) the OS desktop is displayed (sometimes after the screen is blank black for about 5 - 10 seconds), or, much more likely, (b) the game client displays a transition screen for about 1 - 3 MINUTES before the OS desktop is displayed.
    After I choose Back on the Character Selection screen, usually a transition screen is briefly shown before the game client displays the main Log-In screen.

Note that the situation that I describe above is not just with PvE, but, according to other posts and discussions, for PvP too.

Note also that the above remarks concern only "transitions", also called "loading screens". But be aware that they are not the only delays that players increasingly encounter with regard to the performance of the game software and the network with which it operates. Those in particular will, if they continue unabated, eventually render the game unplayable.

For what it is worth, if I recall correctly, TESO transition delays began increasing after One Tamriel was released. At the time, I accepted longer delays as probably caused, primarily, by the notable increase in the number of active players. That is, apparently neither ZOS nor Bethesda were prepared for the sudden influx of new players, along with returning players. Be that as it might have been, these delays have become increasingly intolerable. Whether they are related to the continuing release of DLCs and the Morrowind "chapter", I can only speculate.

Regardless, it seems that releasing the Clockwork City DLC has produced a tipping-point in two respects. One is the number and variety of apparent flaws and errors in the design and implementation of the game software, i.e., the accumulation of "bugs". The other is that the game system performance has slowed to a crawl. If Zenimax Media, Inc., believes that these are irrelevant to enough players to maintain their profits, then may I observe that greed makes the wisest of men a fool?

15 to 30 seconds for my character to appear in game everyone else is black, I can move but I can't see my character til it loads.
    Options
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    Since the Clockwork City update all my characters have experienced infinite loading screens that have required me to forcibly close and then restart the game (I'm on PS4).

It is annoying and frustrating.

I associate this with the Clockwork City location because my characters have all been there when it has occurred. I have no idea whether the update has introduced this as a "worldwide" issue. The only Clockwork City wayshrine that has not frozen me is the Brass Fortress. It has also happened numerous times trying to use the Exarchs' Egress portal, though never using the door to the Imperfect.
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Squeaky wheel gets the oil!!!! Fix Ur Game ZoS!!!
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭

This should never happen not for the age of this game. Not with a major update that should have been tested before release. I have been a patient supportive player, but this is now infuriating and must voice my negative opinion.
    Krishak Kringle aka KrishakPanettier, Templar (PSN:KrishakPanettier)
    -- PS4 NA --

PVP, PVE, and Trader Guild Leader
    Guild:
    - Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
    - Shadow Exiles AD (merged into RAZ AD)
    - Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/RAZ.AD
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShadowExiles
    - Twitter: @ShadowExiles
    - www: www.shadowexiles.com
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still happening
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I’m starting to think that these loading screens aren’t even due to a random bug, but rather is what happens when you let game performance deteriorate this much overtime.

When my character “loads” into a zone this patch (about a 75% chance to succeed, otherwise close app -> restart), I’m often invisible for something like 10-15sec unless mounting up. Other players are invisible, then pop in as unloaded black figures for awhile before loading their correct gear, and even then are low resolution unless zoomed in on for a long period of time.

Quickly mounting up to run away, especially after using a wayshrine, causes the game to move very slowly and load environmental stuff, players (aka black silhouettes), NPCs, and so much more at a slow pace. If I click start to go to my inventory my screen blurs out badly until I’ve given it enough time to load.... alternatively that blur goes away if you open the Crown Store to preview costumes :unamused: FPS dropping when moving fast, and struggles badly if streaking around on my Sorc a lot to traverse PvE areas since stuff won’t load nearly as fast enough.

Oh and about FPS... it’s still terrible in all content except Vet dungeons (where it can still drop during fights) and casual questing. If any sort of decent-sized battle is going on it will hurt performance badly. This is on PS4 Pro new..... regular PS4/Xbox users have it far worse.

I could go on for awhile about this. There is so much wrong. Game performance has been the issue that has plagued ESO for so long now and will only get worse each patch if they continue to ignore it like they have for years now.
    Options
  • AoDD33pfri3d
    AoDD33pfri3d
    ✭✭✭
    Since the Clockwork City update all my characters have experienced infinite loading screens that have required me to forcibly close and then restart the game (I'm on PS4).

It is annoying and frustrating.

I associate this with the Clockwork City location because my characters have all been there when it has occurred. I have no idea whether the update has introduced this as a "worldwide" issue. The only Clockwork City wayshrine that has not frozen me is the Brass Fortress. It has also happened numerous times trying to use the Exarchs' Egress portal, though never using the door to the Imperfect.

It's not the Clockwork area it's everywhere
    Options
This discussion has been closed.