The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can we please have the rationale behind the CP-Enabled BGs change?

• BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    lol was in a match with some tanky tanky dudes and then one rando on their team was a ~98cp

I felt so bad but I farmed him to boost my score :blush::neutral:
    Edited by BroanBeast1215 on November 3, 2017 11:09PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol was in a match with some tanky tanky dudes and then one rando on their team was a ~98cp

I felt so bad but I farmed him to boost my score :blush::neutral:

Lol, well you shouldn't feel bad! If it's me vs PuG vs Organized group, I'll run from the group and prey on the PuGs. Some times it's the only way to win
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They dont understand the PVP portion of their game. You can see clearly based on their development choices (been a few years now). They are promoting pve/watered down mmo offerings. Most Modern mmos do this year 3-5, the forums become littered with people scream about dye color and mount prices.

They dont understand the tank meta, they dont understand the CP has nearly killed most meaningful game play choices in pvp, you can literally do it all.

Ive never seen it this bad before in an MMO, but if you want to see where this is heading google a game called lord of the rings online. Its a PVE grind/store driven social club. You just have to accept most mmos end up in this place, some faster than others.
    Edited by Malic on November 4, 2017 10:22PM
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    LokoMatic wrote: »
    So you just stated you never played non-cp BG's, and now you are stating you got all the achievements in non cp? wat?

you're right, my bad. I should have clarified my statement, I did BGs when they were nCP but I never tried to rank on leaderboards, I did manage to get all the achievements but ive preferred CPpvp since I was about 300cp

inb4 "you prefer cp cuz you're not as skilled argument"

Wow you got the 500k damage to Chaosball carrier in a single round? I didn't think that was even possible in nonCP. Or at all for that matter.

Side note: that damage needed for that cheev should be cut down substantially.
    PCNA

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    del9 wrote: »
    So you just stated you never played non-cp BG's, and now you are stating you got all the achievements in non cp? wat?

you're right, my bad. I should have clarified my statement, I did BGs when they were nCP but I never tried to rank on leaderboards, I did manage to get all the achievements but ive preferred CPpvp since I was about 300cp

Wow you got the 500k damage to Chaosball carrier in a single round? I didn't think that was even possible in nonCP. Or at all for that matter.

I’ve just given up on that one. I think I’ll hit warlord sooner.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did hit Warlord sooner ;)

Even in our match yesterday when I got over 800k healing I didn’t heal 500k on the chaos ball carrier. Not sure I’ll ever get that one either.

LaH7CI7.jpg
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Autumnhart
    Autumnhart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »
    They dont understand the PVP portion of their game. You can see clearly based on their development choices (been a few years now). They are promoting pve/watered down mmo offerings. Most Modern mmos do this year 3-5, the forums become littered with people scream about dye color and mount prices.

They dont understand the tank meta, they dont understand the CP has nearly killed most meaningful game play choices in pvp, you can literally do it all.

Ive never seen it this bad before in an MMO, but if you want to see where this is heading google a game called lord of the rings online. Its a PVE grind/store driven social club. You just have to accept most mmos end up in this place, some faster than others.

Depressingly accurate.
    Shadow hide you.
  • Eldar_Ftw
    Eldar_Ftw
    ✭✭
    As someone who's pvped in numerous MMOs (Rift, WAR, WoW, Swtor, Lotro, BnS, Wildstar, Guild Wars 1, Guild Wars 2, BDO and FF14 ARR), I've never seen a more trash pvp system than ESO's. The sad thing is non cp bgs was fun tell they decided to listen to the 10 high cp players that wanted cp bgs, now it's un playable if you're below 660 cp and if you're under 200 cp you're just fodder, like there is no fraking way of trying to face a 600+ cp player unless they are somehow afk.

What was the logical reasoning to even have cp only bgs, it's like if you just all of sudden randomly threw a bicycle at a group of puppies and you're reasoning was "just cause".
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eldar_Ftw wrote: »
    As someone who's pvped in numerous MMOs (Rift, WAR, WoW, Swtor, Lotro, BnS, Wildstar, Guild Wars 1, Guild Wars 2, BDO and FF14 ARR), I've never seen a more trash pvp system than ESO's. The sad thing is non cp bgs was fun tell they decided to listen to the 10 high cp players that wanted cp bgs, now it's un playable if you're below 660 cp and if you're under 200 cp you're just fodder, like there is no fraking way of trying to face a 600+ cp player unless they are somehow afk.

What was the logical reasoning to even have cp only bgs, it's like if you just all of sudden randomly threw a bicycle at a group of puppies and you're reasoning was "just cause".

Got plenty 60-160cp players in bg. They simply one-shotted by everyone... Literally just meatbag that serve only as point dummies for enemies.
    So, as EP EU and someone who hate CP system, where should I pvp? Only place - Sotha is red 100% 24/7. Other campaigns, pve zones and even battlegrounds now are cp-enabled. So, apparently I have to leave pvp all along or embrace cancer points?
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to be cynical, but I feel compelled...

I wonder if they saw a bunch of sub 660CP players primarily doing BGs and earning CPs very slowly (like me), then thought, "Let's flip BGs to CP only, then all those players will have to buy XP scrolls if they want to compete again." Then, once the increase in XP scroll purchases tapers off, they might consider going back to nonCP.

#moneygrab
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭

I'll have to check, you might have me there I don't play chaosball very often so I might not have those particular achievements

oh and I cant seem to get the merciless title even tho ive wiped groups before, I guess I just need to do it faster lmao.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll have to check, you might have me there I don't play chaosball very often so I might not have those particular achievements

oh and I cant seem to get the merciless title even tho ive wiped groups before, I guess I just need to do it faster lmao.
    It’s 4 deathblows within 10s, it’s a pretty easy one to get. Sigil + jabs + reverse slice

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Harder to do as a magplar though :P Maybe if I had the sigil and was grouped with potatoes... I usually queue with one other at least though.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

It’s 4 deathblows within 10s, it’s a pretty easy one to get. Sigil + jabs + reverse slice

actually the way the achievements reads the every member of an opposing team within 10 seconds of the next, I rarely get everyone to die all at the same time, especially now with CP normally one or two die at the same time and then there's some permablocker chillin >_< lol I also don't run twohander on like any of my builds lol javlin > Dizzy swing

• Eldar_Ftw
    Eldar_Ftw
    ✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Eldar_Ftw wrote: »

Got plenty 60-160cp players in bg. They simply one-shotted by everyone... Literally just meatbag that serve only as point dummies for enemies.
    So, as EP EU and someone who hate CP system, where should I pvp? Only place - Sotha is red 100% 24/7. Other campaigns, pve zones and even battlegrounds now are cp-enabled. So, apparently I have to leave pvp all along or embrace cancer points?

Best bet is play a different MMO for pvp fix, CP does not belong in small scale pvp, ether bring back non cp bgs or make everyone that does a bg have 660 cp yet ZoS can't figure out this simple MMO basic pvp mode that's in over 2 dozens MMOs.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

actually the way the achievements reads the every member of an opposing team within 10 seconds of the next, I rarely get everyone to die all at the same time, especially now with CP normally one or two die at the same time and then there's some permablocker chillin >_< lol I also don't run twohander on like any of my builds lol javlin > Dizzy swing

I saw some dizzies from you tonight. i think you got DB on me once or twice with them. glad to see you converted to the true path.

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    There was like 30+ ppl primetime in nocp queue. Guess ZOS tries to mix it up and see if the failed BGs get more popular with changing to CP.

They would have to put them into the base game to make it work i think because not everyone buys Morrowind
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭

I saw some dizzies from you tonight. i think you got DB on me once or twice with them. glad to see you converted to the true path.

haha yeah, im always trying out new stuff to see how I like it. im still feeling partial to DW although watching ppl fly from Dizzy Swing is hilarious. I need bloodspawn! lol

also I was incorrect about the merciless turns out it is just 4 deathblows, not sure how I don't have it >_< I blame my magdk duo partner
  • HoolDog
    HoolDog
    ✭✭✭
    Rational: bgs population was lower than desired/expected... They added cp to see if it changes.