The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PSA - VMA Is Currently Bugged/Broken

• bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you ever had the Clannfear on Stage 9 final boss randomly die, Champ? Like just randomly dropping dead after spawning and having to wait for another. Had that two runs in a row.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool...another one of OP's humble brag posts...my day is complete...
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could have something to do with being the day before a patch. The game is always very laggy and buggy before a patch. See how it functions today after the patch for verification of a larger issue.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sevomd69 wrote: »

How is it a brag post? Something is clearly off with PS4 VMA (and PC for that matter) and Champ obviously has done it enough times to warrant raising a question when something stands out as off with the game in this situation.

Must be a lot of flooding as of late, all the trolls are coming out from under their bridges.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sevomd69 wrote: »

Must be intriguing enough for you to read and even post in it.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m glad you can run VMA that many times enough to know something is just plain broken in there. It would definitely be an L2P issue for me.

Unbashable Flame shaper. No healing received on ice round after potion, Vigor, etc. I could see that clearly in the video. All anyone would tell me is to get güd. Lol

I’ve had an argonian berserker in 7th round that was invincible to add to vMA issues.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I’m glad you can run VMA that many times enough to know something is just plain broken in there. It would definitely be an L2P issue for me.

Unbashable Flame shaper. No healing received on ice round after potion, Vigor, etc. I could see that clearly in the video. All anyone would tell me is to get güd. Lol

I’ve had an argonian berserker in 7th round that was invincible to add to vMA issues.

If they stand in the cleanse pool they become invincible until they get out of it. Intended to stop you parking in there as spores don't spawn in them.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • nolangrady
    nolangrady
    ✭✭✭
    Experiencing same issues as OP on Xbox NA. Something is amiss and needs to be looked into.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I'd also add that if the troll on stage 5 is on the same platform as the boss when she destroy the platform, the troll begins to hit the water, and spawn a second nereid, but so far it happened to me once, also Flame Knight also ani cancels, maybe even better then the stage 8 boss, plus you can stuck on the upper floor on stage 9 last boss if you jump down when the boss do the knock down explosion thing (also forgot to add, but the boss also stays mid-air while he does his damage, but this is mostly a self generated bug) :D
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, ignore anyone that is not being helpful in here since they've clearly never managed to get past stage 1 of this place and are just here to troll you.

Second off, have you tried with a diff toon to see if the same things happen? I haven't ran vma in a while now but I remember how bad/frustrating the glitches can be. Stage 5 platforms (back when I was running it) would not spawn in. I mean technically they were there but you couldn't see them unless you took a death, then they would load in. There were 2-3 others I usually encountered but nothing like you are describing. Best of luck bud.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »
    First off, ignore anyone that is not being helpful in here since they've clearly never managed to get past stage 1 of this place and are just here to troll you.

Second off, have you tried with a diff toon to see if the same things happen? I haven't ran vma in a while now but I remember how bad/frustrating the glitches can be. Stage 5 platforms (back when I was running it) would not spawn in. I mean technically they were there but you couldn't see them unless you took a death, then they would load in. There were 2-3 others I usually encountered but nothing like you are describing. Best of luck bud.

Some issues were (back when I played on XB) Toon specific.

Such as My Magblade and Sorc always always disconnected between rounds 6 and 7. Guaranteed everytime.

My Magplar always between 1 and 2.

MagDK... Never. Stamblade... Never. The only difference I could note between the toons was the 3 that always deconnd had completed the main quest!

Even then... If sorc disconnected I could never get flawless, despite the same issue happening on the two other toons they achieved flawless with a disconnect. Go figure.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • radiospam
    radiospam
    ✭✭✭
    buggy, broken content is buggy and broken.
    PC - NA - Daggerfall Covenant

Total Brutal
    Patch Notes
    Benrien'eth
    Perfect Teeth
    Voice of Y'ffre
    Madril Dres
    Loose Teeth
    One Salty Gurl
    One Salty Boi
    Maji Ben
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Such as My Magblade and Sorc always always disconnected between rounds 6 and 7. Guaranteed everytime.

MagDK... Never. Stamblade... Never. The only difference I could note between the toons was the 3 that always deconnd had completed the main quest!

Even then... If sorc disconnected I could never get flawless, despite the same issue happening on the two other toons they achieved flawless with a disconnect. Go figure.

I want to say that's so fricken weird but it doesn't surprise me. Gratz on getting flawless. When you go for a flawless run do you just play normal or do you blow through stuff? My problem with getting flawless is that I find vma extremely boring. Like most of the time when I go to try it I forget what round I'm on these days (since I don't run it much anymore). I'll get so far and stop playing smart and just play to get through it. I'm guessing yall use the sigils when attempting flawless? I get so narrow minded that I forget they're there and just try to burn everything down to get through it as fast as possible. I can fish for 2-3 hours and not feel like that much time has passed but I put 1 hour into vma and it feels like 6 has passed.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I want to say that's so fricken weird but it doesn't surprise me. Gratz on getting flawless. When you go for a flawless run do you just play normal or do you blow through stuff? My problem with getting flawless is that I find vma extremely boring. Like most of the time when I go to try it I forget what round I'm on these days (since I don't run it much anymore). I'll get so far and stop playing smart and just play to get through it. I'm guessing yall use the sigils when attempting flawless? I get so narrow minded that I forget they're there and just try to burn everything down to get through it as fast as possible. I can fish for 2-3 hours and not feel like that much time has passed but I put 1 hour into vma and it feels like 6 has passed.

Whenever I got a Flawless run, it was always accidental. I mean, I always play my best regardlessly. But on certain runs, I’ll decide whether or not I’m going to cheese and use sigils/power-ups. And right around Stage 7 or 8 if I notice I still have 15/15 vitality, I’ll begin to play extra safe and use the power-ups if I don’t have Flawless for that character yet. I’ll be sure to follow the “kill orders”, and try to follow the mechanics to a tee. I won’t skip steps and all that jazz.

Outside of that, I just do VMA for testing builds out. I find it to be the only way to truly work a build inside and out, and truly grasp an understanding for the given setup. I don’t do VMA to farm weapons anymore. Nor do I do it for leaderboard positions. I do it strictly for testing purposes. If I decide to sit through the whole thing, and earn a spot? That’s great. If I get a solid weapon? Awesome. But, my number 1 goal in entering VMA is mastery of the build I’m currently using. And trying to get fluid at it. Nothing more.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this is a console thing.

I have done vMA like 5 times since the update and the only issue I have had was the usual crappy lag/FPS drop I get toward the end.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

tbh I just smash through it, I don't really do it anymore like once a week for the sake of it. It's boring and tedious now so I just focus on doing it as quick as I can. I mainly just run it on stamsorc as for me it pulls 48min times. Just grab every sigil and plough through, no chests or anything. Hate it and sick of it. Don't really care for scores. The quicker you go the less you'll die imo unless you do something stupid or lag. for sigils just stand on the spawns for when each round appears and go for it. Unless you're chasing a 600k score there is 0 point in not using them.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    My most recent run when I went up to Crystal phase on stage 9 final boss, he did 2 heavy skull throws before the first wall came up, instead of the usual 1. I wasn't expecting it and got knocked off into the lava, daedroth was standing right there of course, like he knew it would happen. Fire breath and dead.
  • Dexter411
    Dexter411
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm, trolls switching platform as you're standing on it on frost stage.
    Can confirm, flame shapers(and othermobs) can not be interupted.
    Two handed boss and last boss of 8th stage are doing crazy things at times, not sure if its animation canceling or something else.
    3rd stage feels like enemies were buffed especially last boss of it.
    Also I was knocked up while blocking by 2handed mobs couple of times, not only on 8th stage(example: mini boss on 3rd stage).

Clearly something is wrong with whole place and I'm glad I did not run it today.

P.s. please let me choose my weapon at the end, I already proven my worth by running this place like 50 times and being in first 20 on leadoard.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    15 fps from Stage 7 onward again. Porting out after I finished and the game immediately went back to 45 fps.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Took these videos from my StamDK run of things just going to crap a few hours ago. IDK WTF is wrong, but it needs fixing. Whatever it is.

https://youtu.be/0MT5ugoD1K4

https://youtu.be/pK_UUbXUJYI

Last clip has the boss of Stage 8 somehow hitting me with a gust of wind from her sword, and knocking me along as though she’s using the Wind Scar from InuYasha or something. I don’t like anime mixed in with my ESO, ZOS. Especially if I can’t have access to the OP techniques and skills utilized. Lol.

These videos you posted are exactly why I quit running Maelstrom.

I just can't deal with the lag and the bugs. The inability to bash in key places (stage 5 trolls, stage 8 flameshapers in particular), the death-by-lag (tends to hit me the worst on stage 6 and stage 8, where I just ... die ... several seconds after anything actually hit me), and the outright crashes (which used to consistently happen between stages 5 & 6 but then around Morrowind started happening on stage 2, after stage 4, and on stage 8 as well).

It's just not fun. The Arena is fun. Having to fight ZOS potato servers and spaghetti code at the same time is not.
    Edited by LiquidPony on November 8, 2017 1:52AM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadzilla wrote: »
    ascatraz wrote: »
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Alright, I'll be the one to say it...

L2P issue.

@Shadzilla I’ve got all my characters as Flawless Conquerors, except for my Wardens which I’m currently working on. Currently sitting between 500-700 runs. I’ve lost count, to be honest. Got my first Flawless Conqueror a looooong time ago. And pretty much have mastered the arena inside and out. My highest score out of all my characters is my MagSorc at a 550k. Can screen shoot it as well, if you’d like. What is there for me to learn about it or playing in general?

I understand you got your Flawless Conqueror finally, and you’re running off the high of adrenaline and excitement. And I’m happy for you. Really. I’m proud of you. But, don’t sit there and tell me to “learn to play” regarding VMA. Especially when I could probably even coach you regarding the content. Don’t be a snob and rude, just because you finally a flawless run after all of time that the content has been out. I’m the last person you want to tell, “L2P.” to regarding VMA. Lol.

Personally I have never even done vma, I couldn't beat it on normal. I think this thread should focus on the fact that your best score out of 700 runs is 550k. :D

You're... you're serious? I can't tell if you're trolling this poor guy, or you're just naturally this toxic, but either way... You're an upstanding piece of trash :)

Any reasonable person, who knows me either in game or in person, will completely agree with your assessment. At least I acknowledge it, and accept it.

You must have zero confidence in yourself if you’re fine accepting you’re toxic waste on the forums. I feel bad for you. I really do.

Dont.

Just starve him of oxygen. Let him fade.
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the general latency that is experienced on console since VMA has been released.

Same symptoms as group trials that people cannot complete do to massive lag caused for some reason.

This is a known issue and there's multiple threads about it all over the forums.
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • gronoxvx
    gronoxvx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »

This literally haopened to me about 30mins ago. Had one add that wouldnt die and could only progress after killing myself. Was pissed as it ruined a flawless run
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got finished doing a VMA run to see if there were any improvements from pre-CWC to current patch, and somehow it’s actually worse. I’m not kidding either. It’s actually dramatically worse now. I’ll post a video when I wake-up, as that run tired me out. Completely exhausted me, and made me need to take a nap a for a bit. Lol. So expect to see clips when I wake up.

My advice to anyone is going for a Flawless Run, or hoping to hit an amazingly high score is to forget about it. VMA is currently in the most broken state that I’ve ever seen it in. Ever. I have experienced a myriad of issues regarding VMA, but nothing as bad as what just occurred.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom The people in charge of coding VMA need a stern talking to, as the content is screwed-up beyond belief at this point. Again, I will post videos after my nap.
  • Dexter411
    Dexter411
    ✭✭✭
    Still no response from ZOS?
    Something like: "We will look into it" will be enough, for now.

Maelstrom Arena is one of the most frustrating places in ESO without major bugs and with them it is hell.

People can not farm thier weapons, can not go for good scores and what is most important here, newcomers to vMA will get pissed off because they are dying to flame shapers on 8th stage or something.

Quick fix is needed.

I won't even mention the stupid and lazy RNG after You finish vMA.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was running it just last night and found the final boss of stage three doing her conal scream and as soon as it's about to hit, she rotates 180 degrees and screams the other way (usually at a strangler :p) this didn't happened all the time, but it happened a decent bit.
    Edited by TheNightflame on November 8, 2017 10:12PM
  • Robisok74
    Robisok74
    ✭✭✭
    It's definitely got a lot worse recently, did 2 runs yesterday or tried to. On the second run I got to Vault of umbrage and couldn't progress due to not having ice skates lol. I was literally skating around the arena. At one point i somehow got poisoned without being poisened so ran to one of the pools spamming shields, i managed to get there and then suddenly skidded sideways almost to the other pool and died lol. I gave up in the end when dying before the boss fight had even started, just dropping seconds into the fight. You will be pleased to know i went back today and beat it 1st attempt. This is not the only arena i have been launched across recently by invisible forces, vma is becoming almost unplayable...
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno anything to add?
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Console sucks.

When I switched from Console to PC:

4-www.cinematheia.com_.gif

I also have 200Mb (though only 110Mb on my PC due to peasant wifi booster) and during last 10 runs, I was streaming for my guildies in HD and also taking to them on discord - had couple of spikes, but nothing to write home about.

Edited by GrigorijMalahevich on November 24, 2017 2:13PM
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno anything to add?

latest?cb=20170511090156