The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

PSA - VMA Is Currently Bugged/Broken

Ch4mpTW
Ch4mpTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I don’t know if it is just on PS4-NA, or if it is across multiple platforms. But something is severely wrong. Either ZOS has tweaked the adds and bosses dramatically high, or nerfed us players within Maelstrom Arena far too low. Either way, something is dearly wrong.

Preface:
Yes, I’ve made sure both my gear wasn’t broken and my CP was properly distributed. Lol.

Things I Have Noticed
- Adds are hitting way too hard. Arrow light attacks from trash mobs are hitting me 7-9k consistently. And that’s with 5/1/1 gear distribution. Whether it be medium or light armor that has the 5 pieces worn.
- The sub-mechanic enemies (e.g. Stage 5’s trolls that smash the ice) are all spawning far too quickly. I’m counting 8-10secs. of time you have to deal with whatever adds are out, and then go handle the sub-mechanic adds. That’s not cool. Having to deal with with poison summoners on Stage 7 every 8 to 10 seconds is beyond frustrating.
- Things aren’t being able to be interrupted (all types of enemy NPC’s are screwed up from this and I made a thread previously about this).
- Adds are switching attacks/direction mid-animation. There can be an archer that is preparing to do a Scattershot, with the red indicators of what they are about to do. And then, switch and fire off a light attack instead gimping you. This goes on and on. Or a troll ice smasher on Stage 5 will run to an ice block, see that you’re on it, and go and run to another ice block to smash instead.
- The last sub-boss of Stage 8 is legit animation cancelling, and bursting something ridiculous. I’m talking 13k to 15k blows. It’s insane how obnoxiously high her damage is now.
- The Wamasu on Stage 7 is super-snaring and stacking snares, even without hitting you. All the while still doing ridiculously high damage on attacks that should not be connecting. Yet somehow are. You can be standing away from this sub-boss, and still somehow get hit (not including the balls it fires off in multiple directions by the way). Tf is that about?

ZOS, I understand that old content may not exactly be of your biggest of objectives to make sure is running smooth. But, I’m tired of getting gimped to things outside of my control. I’ve gotten Flawless Conqueror upon numerous characters (both magicka and stamina variants), and have completed Maelstrom Arena well over 500 times by now. Probably over 700. I’ve truly lost count. And I pretty much know every mechanic and add damage amount like the back of my hand. I know all of the spawns, attack patterns, etc. But this is unacceptable...

. . . One of the 3 centurion bosses on Stage 2 hit me for 13k on a standard attack, and the boss on Stage 3 hit me with a swipe (light attack) for 10k. C’mon now. The **** is going on? :|
Edited by Ch4mpTW on November 7, 2017 12:40AM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/OO2OFf1uZwQ

Would love to know what’s L2P about that. Please. Do share. That was when I was getting my MagDen her first clear of VMA (non-Flawless run thankfully). Please tell me what I did wrong. Lol.

By the way, just had a troll on Stage 5 being unable to be bashed while running it on my StamDK about a hour or so ago testing out a build for the console launch tomorrow. Kinda hard to get play something that isn’t doing what it isn’t supposed to. Let alone isn’t following its standard mechanics and patterns. ;)

• LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If this is true, this could be a major problem @ZOS_GinaBruno , could you take a look please?
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took these videos from my StamDK run of things just going to crap a few hours ago. IDK WTF is wrong, but it needs fixing. Whatever it is.

https://youtu.be/0MT5ugoD1K4

https://youtu.be/pK_UUbXUJYI

Last clip has the boss of Stage 8 somehow hitting me with a gust of wind from her sword, and knocking me along as though she’s using the Wind Scar from InuYasha or something. I don’t like anime mixed in with my ESO, ZOS. Especially if I can’t have access to the OP techniques and skills utilized. Lol.
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard reset. It helped me a ton when it felt like this for me.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shadzilla wrote: »
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Alright, I'll be the one to say it...

L2P issue.

@Shadzilla I’ve got all my characters as Flawless Conquerors, except for my Wardens which I’m currently working on. Currently sitting between 500-700 runs. I’ve lost count, to be honest. Got my first Flawless Conqueror a looooong time ago. And pretty much have mastered the arena inside and out. My highest score out of all my characters is my MagSorc at a 550k. Can screen shoot it as well, if you’d like. What is there for me to learn about it or playing in general?

I understand you got your Flawless Conqueror finally, and you’re running off the high of adrenaline and excitement. And I’m happy for you. Really. I’m proud of you. But, don’t sit there and tell me to “learn to play” regarding VMA. Especially when I could probably even coach you regarding the content. Don’t be a snob and rude, just because you finally a flawless run after all of time that the content has been out. I’m the last person you want to tell, “L2P.” to regarding VMA. Lol.

Personally I have never even done vma, I couldn't beat it on normal. I think this thread should focus on the fact that your best score out of 700 runs is 550k. :D

lol

You must get hella carried in trials.

• SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would love to know what’s L2P about that. Please. Do share. That was when I was getting my MagDen her first clear of VMA (non-Flawless run thankfully). Please tell me what I did wrong. Lol.

By the way, just had a troll on Stage 5 being unable to be bashed while running it on my StamDK about a hour or so ago testing out a build for the console launch tomorrow. Kinda hard to get play something that isn’t doing what it isn’t supposed to. Let alone isn’t following its standard mechanics and patterns. ;)

cant say about anything other than this, but these specific mobs have had this happening on them for a very long time, like their animation is not where their actual body is, if you bash around them you can interupt :(
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we're on vMA, don't forget about the broken loot tables ... which doesn't include purple jewelry at the moment.

Don't want to sideswipe the thread, however, as the OP's concerns are worthy of investigation.

You can get gold jewelry on the Leaderboards and blue jewelry on normal ... but not purple.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on November 7, 2017 4:13AM
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I thought I was doing something wrong, thank for bringing this up OP
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭

L2P issue.

@Shadzilla I’ve got all my characters as Flawless Conquerors, except for my Wardens which I’m currently working on. Currently sitting between 500-700 runs. I’ve lost count, to be honest. Got my first Flawless Conqueror a looooong time ago. And pretty much have mastered the arena inside and out. My highest score out of all my characters is my MagSorc at a 550k. Can screen shoot it as well, if you’d like. What is there for me to learn about it or playing in general?

I understand you got your Flawless Conqueror finally, and you’re running off the high of adrenaline and excitement. And I’m happy for you. Really. I’m proud of you. But, don’t sit there and tell me to “learn to play” regarding VMA. Especially when I could probably even coach you regarding the content. Don’t be a snob and rude, just because you finally a flawless run after all of time that the content has been out. I’m the last person you want to tell, “L2P.” to regarding VMA. Lol.

Personally I have never even done vma, I couldn't beat it on normal. I think this thread should focus on the fact that your best score out of 700 runs is 550k. :D

lol

You replied to the wrong person.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It'd be ridiculous for them to make it that much harder just before the Wrothgar anniversary
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pod88kk wrote: »
    It'd be ridiculous for them to make it that much harder just before the Wrothgar anniversary

Well, it seems like they did just that. Or, they went on ahead and seriously screwed up all types of things ranging from attack patterns to spawn times. Lol.

Go and see for yourself how janky VMA currently is, and then report back your findings. By the way, have fun dealing with back-to-back spawning of: Trolls, spiderlings, and venom-callers. :D
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stage 3, round 3 mini boss there is something wrong for me. Some sort of chain animation just makes my character freeze and slowly get pushed backwards into the water and killed.
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had the unbashable flameshaper problem quite a few times too.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stage 3, round 3 mini boss there is something wrong for me. Some sort of chain animation just makes my character freeze and slowly get pushed backwards into the water and killed.

Does it look like this:
    https://youtu.be/b6DVdHFv6w4

If so, it’s a very old bug that I thought ZOS had fixed (but clearly not, if people are still experiencing it).
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

L2P issue.

lol

You replied to the wrong person.

I quoted them and you. Forums must of shortened the post.
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that's it. I can never get out of it and I die.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that's it. I can never get out of it and I die.

Yeah, that’s a super old bug. Lol. As you can tell from the video, that was first discovered back when the skill “Bound Armor” actually gave you a suit of armor (Daedric style by the way). I’m just surprised that that particular bug is still running about VMA. And no, it’s not lag or anything like that. But rather an actual bug, as in something wrong with the coding. You can find posts about it if you dig through these forums long enough.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Seems things are actually worse than they seem, if old bugs are returning (assuming you all at ZOS fixed them at 1 point).

Hmmm... Come to think of it... Regarding that video I posted of my StamDK getting smacked by a blast of air from Stage 8’s boss, kinda reminded me of an old bug I had once documented. The NPC got into stance for an Uppercut, but somehow hit me before the animation of skill was visible. Essentially doing some super sonic attacking. Lol.

Here’s the clip:
    https://youtu.be/jmbb-EoWGHQ

So now I’m curious. What other anime-based techniques do these 2H-using enemy NPC’s know within VMA? I’ve been hit with both a blast of wind, and an attack from an enemy simply entering a stance. Ruroni Kenshin, is that you? Am I playing the Afro Samurai, or Samurai Champloo simulator in ESO? If so, can I PLEASE get to use some of these badass techniques too? Because this is some cheese. :p
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ch4mpTW

Must be a console thing. I did a vMA run last Saturday on the 3.2.7 PC version. Didn’t notice anything amiss apart from the usual stuff (abilities hitting although character is out of red areas, 16 fps in stage 8 and 9).
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m on PC EU and can’t say I’ve come across most of the things you’re calling out but the 2 below I have. The 1st I’ve had forever but the mini boss seems to have been recent though

Also on round 8 enemies which do wrecking blow attacks knock me back through block even with full stam as well. Round 8 is one of the easiest but now where I’ve died on my last 5 runs.

“Things aren’t being able to be interrupted (all types of enemy NPC’s are screwed up from this and I made a thread previously about this)”

“The last sub-boss of Stage 8 is legit animation cancelling, and bursting something ridiculous. I’m talking 13k to 15k blows. It’s insane how obnoxiously high her damage is now.”
  • Robisok74
    Robisok74
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen some very strange things in vma but recently it has been rediculous and I'm glad it's not just me this is happening to. I've noticed the fast spawns, heavy hitting trash adds and random stuns. The other day on the final boss fight I've burned him to 70% and killed trash, he has gone up, I've killed deadra on pad and then literally been launched across the arena by an invisible force lol. I have a collection of vids that show this very strange behaviour and it has certainly got worse lately as op has rightly pointed out. Xbox one EU.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @Ch4mpTW

Must be a console thing. I did a vMA run last Saturday on the 3.2.7 PC version. Didn’t notice anything amiss apart from the usual stuff (abilities hitting although character is out of red areas, 16 fps in stage 8 and 9).

The bug with the flamecasters happen on PC as well, :pensive:
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VMA is harder for mag now because crit is generally lower meaning self heal is a bit less. Use the theif mundus or mothers sorrow and you'l see an improvement. Don't follow the meta.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That vid is messed up but just to eliminate a possibility, were you locked on to a different target that was off screen in the vid?
    Because that could have been the issue there.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s great to see that things are being identified upon multiple platforms. This is really good stuff here, everyone. Keep documenting your findings, and saying what’s going on. Hopefully we can hear from ZOS about them looking into it, or have an explanation provided to us about what exactly is occurring.
    Stinkyremy wrote: »

That vid is messed up but just to eliminate a possibility, were you locked on to a different target that was off screen in the vid?

No, I was not locked upon a different target. I don’t tab-target/lock-on to things when I’m in VMA, as my experiences when first learning VMA taught me how fast doing so can make runs go sour. The only time I will even use lock-on is when I’m in a duel. And even then, I’m certain to remove it upon the duel’s completion immediately.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When facing high amounts of flame damage consider...

Sorry I can't see what else I need to tell you regarding this L2P issue. :trollface:

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

When facing high amounts of flame damage consider...

Sorry I can't see what else I need to tell you regarding this L2P issue. :trollface:

LOL! :trollface:
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s great to see that things are being identified upon multiple platforms. This is really good stuff here, everyone. Keep documenting your findings, and saying what’s going on. Hopefully we can hear from ZOS about them looking into it, or have an explanation provided to us about what exactly is occurring.
    Stinkyremy wrote: »

No, I was not locked upon a different target. I don’t tab-target/lock-on to things when I’m in VMA, as my experiences when first learning VMA taught me how fast doing so can make runs go sour. The only time I will even use lock-on is when I’m in a duel. And even then, I’m certain to remove it upon the duel’s completion immediately.

I was gonna give vma a go with my new alt but if there is crappy issues happening like your vid my skip it for a while
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we're on vMA, don't forget about the broken loot tables ... which doesn't include purple jewelry at the moment.

Don't want to sideswipe the thread, however, as the OP's concerns are worthy of investigation.

You can get gold jewelry on the Leaderboards and blue jewelry on normal ... but not purple.

I completely forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me. The purple jewelry in VMA is still bugged after months (I think years at this point). I think you can only receive purple necklaces, but not purple rings in VMA. The last time I saw purple rings dropping in VMA, was when they made the Maelstrom Weapons have a 100% drop-rate (but with diluted traits at the time). Since then, I’ve not seen a single ring drop.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I completely forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me. The purple jewelry in VMA is still bugged after months (I think years at this point). I think you can only receive purple necklaces, but not purple rings in VMA. The last time I saw purple rings dropping in VMA, was when they made the Maelstrom Weapons have a 100% drop-rate (but with diluted traits at the time). Since then, I’ve not seen a single ring drop.

That’s my experience as well.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flame casters aren't where they appear to be. Happens on PC sometimes. Once this week for me. Only way to survive it for me is on magdk use deep breath and hope they are in the aoe. Anything else is game over.

But Champ Bruh, Gotta L2p dude obviously :trollface:

I have sent them vids of this happening on PC and when I played on XB and everytime it was ignored, no interest in fixing it.

If you're pushing flawless on Stamina toons, Slot DBOS and hope the knock down get's them on round 8, Even DK leap doesn't target them properly, just goes all Cyro Batman style for the rest of the round.

Haven't had any issue with the R5 Trolls though, It's more the forum trolls that are impossible to target and interrupt.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!