The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Motif Chapters should chance drop from all Dungeon Bosses

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
In anticipation of finally being able to get my hands on the Bloodforge style, which has the most fantastic looking Chests in the whole game to date, the catch for looting them seems way too annoying. A random chance at dropping only on the Final boss. Just why? Everyone knows crafting for style is more a niche than a common practice, so why make it difficult for us anyway? Why not just apply the chance drop to every Boss in the Dungeon.

Regardless, Bloodforge Chests are just too good this time. Even if i cant manage a good farming group i'm willing to cough up a chunk of gold and my Soul for it. Nov 7th can't get here fast enough..
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Because otherwise everyone and their grandmother would simply farm the first boss to death and that'd be it? They're actually trying to encourage people doing vet dungeons for once, one of the few things they got exactly right is those dungeon motifs.

For the dungeon runners not overly interested in crafting, they can sell them for a hefty price, for the crafters not interested in dungeons, they can buy it for gold. It's win-win.

(I'm assuming it'll work same as SotH ones? Guaranteed drop vet hm?)
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »

Yup

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because otherwise everyone and their grandmother would simply farm the first boss to death and that'd be it? They're actually trying to encourage people doing vet dungeons for once, one of the few things they got exactly right is those dungeon motifs.

For the dungeon runners not overly interested in crafting, they can sell them for a hefty price, for the crafters not interested in dungeons, they can buy it for gold. It's win-win.

If theyd simply farm the first boss it'd be a waste of a dungeon run. We already have undaunted pledges that require a full completion, and besides its not like people dont already do that for gear set drops.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it guaranteed with HM active, like it is in vRoM & vCoS? The patch notes seemed to indicate that.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

If theyd simply farm the first boss it'd be a waste of a dungeon run. We already have undaunted pledges that require a full completion, and besides its not like people dont already do that for gear set drops.

People already farm the hell out of first bosses? People farm first bosses for gear in the dungeons where they're easy to get to, and back when IC dungeons were still new, people farmed the hell out of WGT first boss for keys. This is what happens when you put "incentive" on every boss - people figure it's simply faster to kill and reset the first one if at all possible.

I'm 100% behind "last boss only" drops, actually makes people run full dungeons. I'm also 1000% behind the idea of defeating rng by choosing more difficult content. I'd much, much, MUCH rather do a single vet hm ROM for a guaranteed page than 37 FG dolmen dailies with nothing to show for it in the end because rng hates me.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cause people should be rewarded for finishing an entire vet dlc dungeon and be a guaranteed a drop if completing hard mode. people always taking the easy way out. pay for them or earn them