The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

furnishing plans for new transmutation station

playfull_kitten
playfull_kitten
✭✭✭
Hello everyone,

Since crafting furnishing require a crafting station, I have a question. Is there or rather will there be any furnishing plans that require the new transmutation station? I'm not that interested in crafting armor or weapons (although I can do it) but I do love the furnishing! And if there is no furnishing functionality in the new transmutation station, then I won't buy it. If there is.....maybe I will. Thanks for the reply!

PK
This one likes to play.....
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is there any furnishing plan for the dye station ? No. So i don't understand your question.
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    Is there any furnishing plan for the dye station ? No. So i don't understand your question.

The dye station costs 35 vouchers....the transmutation station costs 1250. What's so strange about my question?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The dye station costs 35 vouchers....the transmutation station costs 1250. What's so strange about my question?

No, it's unlikely furnishings will require a trait change anymore than they will need to be dyed, and even if that functionality comes along, those aren't stations you would use to craft the pieces in the first place.

Transmute station is just a way to provide access to retraiting outside CWC.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

No, it's unlikely furnishings will require a trait change anymore than they will need to be dyed, and even if that functionality comes along, those aren't stations you would use to craft the pieces in the first place.

And yet there are a ton of furnishing items that need a provisioning, alchemy or enchanting station.......so why not a transmutation station?
    Transmute station is just a way to provide access to retraiting outside CWC.

And likewise, all the other stations (apart from the dye station) are just a way to provide access to crafting (including furnishing) in you own home.....

I can craft armor, weapons and so on, but I only use my stations (yes I have bought al the others, including the dye station, but that was more on a whim) to be able to craft furnishing items for my homes (yes I own several).

If the transmutation station has only one function (and stays that way) I will not buy it. To each their own and there is no need for sour remarks.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

And yet there are a ton of furnishing items that need a provisioning, alchemy or enchanting station.......so why not a transmutation station?
    Those three are all still crafting stations, they use mats including a special furnishing mat. The transmutation station uses a capped currency.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone's point is that the transmutation station is NOT a crafting station, where you craft gear or furnishings. It's a re-trait station, period. So, it would never have any furnishing plans associated with it, as the dye station doesn't, which is also NOT a crafting station and is used merely to dye gear/costumes.

EDIT: It's basically a station to alter existing items, not create new ones (furnishings or otherwise).
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on October 26, 2017 7:52PM
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    okay, thanks for the replies