Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Crafting Bag Without ESO Plus

TheOOB
TheOOB
I know there is no way to get the crafting bag without ESO plus, and I know this has probably been discussed before, but it is a bit upsetting to me that there is no way to get the crafting bag without eso plus. The other benefits of ESO plus you can either get for a one time fee, or earn through play, but what is perhaps the greatest quality of life enhancement you cannot.

It's not that I don't think ESO plus is a fair price, I think it is, but for personal reason I refuse to pay subscription services for games I play. The second I start paying monthly for something, for me at least it turns entertainment into a chore. If I'm not getting full value out of it, I'm wasting my money. If I stop playing for a couple of weeks/months, my money is going down the toilet. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way, I just wish ZO would add a one time fee option to get the craft bag. Just as I'm willing to buy the DLC packs separately, I'm willing to pay a decent amount to get that luxury without a subscription.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It'd be nice but it's not going to happen. The craft bag is the whole gimmick.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won't happen as many mainly subscribe for the crafting bag. If you are going to take a break for a month or more, just cancel your subscription and resume it when you return. It is that easy.
  • Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    Same deal with costume dyeing. We pay crazy amounts of money for costumes and then we have to pay monthly to be able to dye them.
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer
  • Shadeaux
    Shadeaux
    ✭✭✭
    I actually just cancelled ESO+ and I must say that giving up the bag was a very difficult choice which will probably result in my totally quitting the game, which is sad.

However, I am not happy with the direction of the game, so I had to vote with my wallet.

Gold sets changed, requiring more grinding...
    Bind on Pickup Sets...
    Transmutation only for yourself...
    Removing diversity by making X work just like Y...
    Crate RNG...
    etc...

It's like they purposely look for ways to take joy out of the game.

• CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crafting bag, costume dying, double house furniture slots are all reasons I subscribe. But it's ok, even if you don't have Plus ZOS will still lower drop rate on anything that in the Crown Store in an attempt to make you pay for that too!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crafting bag as well as costume dying and bank extensions all should have an ESO Plus version and non ESO Plus version.

Year 1-2 I spent $200-$300 Per year on this game.
    This year I spent $69.....

It’s that simple.
    In terms of the differences between the two, ZOS can decide but it shouldn’t be much difference if it’s a paid unlock.

While people will argue that if they do this subs will go down.....I don’t think those people comprehend $0 is $0.
    Consider some, a lot, all, few.....won’t subscribe or have and won’t do so again. Also consider in the argument that IF the only reason some, few, others are active subscribers is due to a crafting bag.....that model isn’t sustainable for everyone.

More folks do not craft than those who do. More folks don’t loot materials for the crafting bag than those who do.

There is a significant revenue opportunity as most would assume a crafting bag would cost 5,000 crowns or so. The costume dye unlock would be another 5,000 crowns or so and the bank would be another 5,000 crowns or so.

One example is ESo Plus in Xbox one cannot be purchased using a gift card or Xbox balance but crowns can.

Another is the mindset that applies where a customer who is subscribing won’t also buy crowns...this doesn’t apply to everyone but it’s a real mindset......so this can help and hurt revenue depending. As is the set up excludes potential customers intentionally.....and my argument has been, you’re missing out on more money rather than trying to prevent loosing money in this model.

To suggest that non subscribers shouldn’t have the opportunity to buy these features seems off if the real argument is about revenue.

I think that’s not the argument, I think it’s a I want my ESO Plus to be a “special thing that makes me better than others” or a badge to say “I’m special cause I support this game by subscribing”.

In the end, there are other much more reasonable features that eso Plus can offer IN addition to these. You shouldn’t have to subscribe for these but it should be an option just like DLC. The subscription value differs for each person, but if someone feels they would accumulate crowns and not subscribe anymore.....you’re missing the model. The crown store and crown exclusive, limited items, crown crates and crown cosmetic or shortcut offerings are there as well.

Many non subscribers who want to be able to buy a crafting bag, etc spend the same or more so it’s not about revenue. It’s something else....

I was a subscriber for 2 years and stopped on PC and Xbox one because these aren’t worth a subscription to me. If you let me buy it, fine but I don’t want to subscribe anymore for a number of reasons but I keep a min crown balance of 10-15k. Now that’s dropping because why buy crowns if the features are excluded to a subscription.

This is a loss of revenue stream by design...

The ESO Plus exclusive offerings for quality of Life features should not be exclusive as the original announcement was eso Plus was but one way to play but customers could also buy to play.

That’s the context that’s out of whack here.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on October 24, 2017 1:41PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with you about subscriptions for games, said i never will, however i need that bag so pay, and all the other multiple peeks are so worth it.

Way i see it is I'm buying 1500 crowns for £9 and the rest is free
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The ESO Plus exclusive offerings for quality of Life features should not be exclusive as the original announcement was eso Plus was but one way to play but customers could also buy to play.

That’s the context that’s out of whack here.

You make some very good points! I'm only quoting the bold at the end since I wanted to address that and didn't want to include the entire post.

While they did advertise that ESO Plus and just buying Crown Packs were two ways to support the game, it was clear from the beginning that the benefit of a monthly sub was some exclusive perks in addition to a monthly crown allotment. From the very outset, there were exclusive perks available to ESO Plus members (the 10% bonuses). Now, their worth/value is debatable, but it was a part of the model from the beginning.

I unsubbed for about a year on XB due to issues I had with receiving the monthly Crown allotment or losing my in-game benefits/access to DLC periodically. Now, I unsubbed prior to the craft bag, so I didn't really know what I was missing, but inventory management was already becoming such a chore. So, when Homestead launched, I resubbed and have been content since.

However, I'm not against having options for non-ESO+ players to reduce the inventory minigame. I had even provided some suggestions when the crafting bag was first introduced. I think there should be a distinction between what ESO+ players have and what non-ESO+ players get with a one-time purchase. First, it should be a limited bag, so it cannot hold the amount of items that an ESO+ bag can hold. What would that be worth? I don't know. Other options I had suggested were to have bags for each of the professions, that you purchased for each craft you wanted to hold mats for and would still be limited and would take up a bank inventory slot for each one. There could be an additional bag to hold all the style/trait stones. Also, perhaps you could purchase additional bags if the ones you have get full. Also, these bags would not automatically fill with the mats as you harvest/obtain them. You would have to manually put items in/take items out. So, if you're doing writs, you'd need to manually retrieve what you need, but they would all be available in the crafting interface.

There are ways that ZOS could provide a crafting bag to non-ESO Plus members, but the one you get from subbing would still be advantageous. And, while the bag isn't the reason that everyone subs, it likely is the sole reason for some, so if it were available for a one-time purchase, they'd unsub.

I don't think it's just about raw numbers. I think that ZOS needs to be able to rely on a steady income stream and be able to make projections based on a certain reliability of income. So, they do need people to sub and they need to provide reasons that people would sub over just buying crowns.

That said, I don't really like the model being established - that the game is basically gimped for people without ESO Plus. Inventory is a nightmare and only getting worse with each new DLC as more and more items are being added. They need to also provide ways for non-ESO plus members to increase their bank space. Or heck, just increase it to 300 for everyone (with ESO Plus keeping the double space) and provide regular increases each year as more and more items are added. Purposely setting roadblocks that can only be overcome with ESO Plus is my issue. Give ESO Plus members perks, but don't gimp the game and create a need to have it. Make ESO plus something people want, rather than something they need in order to fully enjoy the game.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jayne_Doe

Just on the perks, yes the perks or benefits are fine but the changes have added benefits that aren’t perks they are actually features and content exclusive to a subscriptions.

That’s not a perk it’s an entirely new feature.
    So new features aren’t perks, but one by one removing the concept of buy to play entirely.

While a subscription with new rented features sounds great I’d youre open to subscribing, the fact that the features aren’t purchaseable conflicts with the original model going forward.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Yarlenzey
    Yarlenzey
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I stop playing for a couple of weeks/months,

wait, wut? why would you do that?
    I got suspenders for saying "Testicular Mass" instead of "Balls". like, rilly.

• duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am curious. What happens with all the items in ESO PLus bottomless craft bag when you unsubscribe from the membership?
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    duendology wrote: »
    I am curious. What happens with all the items in ESO PLus bottomless craft bag when you unsubscribe from the membership?
    The items stay in the craft bag. You may withdraw items out as you need them, but nothing will be deposited into the craft bag.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO Plus is $15 a month for limitless hours of content.

Try bowling for $15 and see how much time and content you get for your money.
    Answer: 1 game for approximately 30 minutes

Try laser tag for $15 and see how much time and content you get for your money.
    Answer: 1 game for 15 minutes, 30 minutes if you're at a really generous venue

Try go-carts for $15 and see how much time and content you get for your money.
    Answer Typically not enough for a single race, which is usually in the $20 for a 10 minute race.

The list goes on and on guys. You can plug in movie tickets, a couple of fast food meals, miniture golf etc and the limitless hours of time and content spent inside an MMO becomes one of the greatest entertainment values ever invented in modern times. And guess what--MMO subscription prices have been the same for the past 15 years--no increase in sub price. They have to come up with other ways to create additional revenue, which is where you get into your cash shops, your microtransactions, your crown crates.

Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Subscription model is a very old model stretching across radio/TV/Games and many many more areas. It is a good business model all around and generates a better revenue that is more consistent for business forecasting from quarter to quarter.

I have subbed since June 9th 2015 on XBOX one and will continue to do so. I am not apposed to ZOS selling craft bag and other features on the crown store. I am also not apposed to them not selling it.

I am comfortable with the sub method and it is easy for me and I like it. I would hate to see my benefits removed for more high price options on the crown store.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • onemoxygirl
    Yeah this is the only reason I purchased ESO plus... I'm also 42 making good money... How do kids afford this?? Last I checked it's $97 CAN for only 6 moths??? This is crazy and I'm also considering just doing without...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people want to buy upfront then play for free. Understandable. A system like that really does not work well with a subscription system, if they overlap too much.

They have been fairly nice to the people that don't subscribe. I am pretty sure ESO Plus members outnumber non-members among the active players. They could just stand on the fact that subs outnumber non-subs and never toss them a bone.

I say leave the Crafting Bag with ESO Plus, exclusively.
    Edited by Elsonso on October 26, 2017 8:54PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    duendology wrote: »

The items stay in the bag. You don't lose them. But nothing an be added to the bag now. And any crafting you do comes out of the bags stock first. So if you have 800 rubedite ore on you (backpack) , not in the bag, and 500 in the crafting bag, and you go to make a full set of armor, the ore comes out of the bag first. So you'd use the 500 saved. Then take any extra needed off your backpack supply. It sucks but it's trying to force you back to the bag. No matter what you have on you when you craft , if it's in the crafting bag, it comes out there first
  • Sergg007
    Sergg007
    ✭✭✭✭
    agree with the author of the topic. I want to buy a bag for the crowns
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since the decision to turn large DLCs into Chapters which have to be bought separately, the crafting bag and costume dyeing are some of the few things left that ESO+ still has going for it.

I hope the upcoming transmogrification/outfit system has some bonus (extra "slots", easier "unlocks", or whatever) for ESO+ members too. Make the sub worth something again.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergg007 wrote: »
    agree with the author of the topic. I want to buy a bag for the crowns

One month of ESO Plus. $15. The equivalent of 1500 Crowns. The crafting bag is yours forever.

You spend that month of ESO Plus farming like crazy to fill up the bag as much as possible, then live off the contents. When you need to fill it again, repeat.
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the longest time I was always against subscriptions. Due to not having a choice I finally gave in. Now after a while when I hear something like the op, I just hear I want everything for free. I know, I know that's not what was said.

Unfortunately taking a lease /rental fee /subscription and turning it into a one time fee would be silly for a company to do. No matter how I look at it, it would be a loss of revenue. That revenue would then have to be made up somewhere else.

So for the moment the majority of the QOL items are purchasable from the crown store, but the bag is 1500 a month.

Pretty cheap considering how much many spend on crates..... lol
    Edited by Belegnole on December 30, 2017 4:16PM
  • Sergg007
    Sergg007
    ✭✭✭✭
    spend that month of ESO Plus farming like crazy to fill up the bag

this is exactly what I do not want to do, I want to play as I like and when I'm comfortable.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this is exactly what I do not want to do, I want to play as I like and when I'm comfortable.

As I see it, if I wanted convenience, I would subscribe. They cannot make the crafting bag inconvenient enough to encourage subscription, yet be convenient. At least, not any more than it is today.
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you. I wish some version of it could be purchased outright.

If I'm playing, I'm subscribed, but choking storage space the way they do for non-subscribers is kind of ***y.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The craft bag is why I subscribe. That and the sped up research (but really the bag). I don't spend crowns, I own the gold edition, and I very rarely do dungeons so the only DLC benefit from + is CWC for me. I've never dyed a costume because I'm still working on earning dyes. I've never cared about quick leveling. If the bag was no longer a sub bonus, I doubt I would pay anything.

And considering how expensive the gimped bankers/merchants are, I'd really have to wonder expensive they'd make a bottomless crafting bag. Or how they'd restrict it to fall inline with the 5,000 crown price of the others.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As I see it, if I wanted convenience, I would subscribe. They cannot make the crafting bag inconvenient enough to encourage subscription, yet be convenient. At least, not any more than it is today.

This thought process is why, when I stopped my ESO+, I stop playing. It makes inventory maintenance a major pain. Twice now almost immediately after stopping my ESO+ I've stopped playing.
    I stopped my ESO+ because I'm tired of donating money to ZOS when they took a month to fix the sound issue in PVP. That should have been a much higher priority than a f'n month.

• Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ooh. threats of 'i rage quit' to try to force ZOS to give non revenue users something that revenue users get.
    i dont want to pay to play your game, and if you dont give me, a freeloader, something for free, i wont play at all. This is disgusting behaviour and i pray ZOS doesnt give in.

You know where the door is. Send me your stuff on your way out.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    ooh. threats of 'i rage quit' to try to force ZOS to give non revenue users something that revenue users get.
    i dont want to pay to play your game, and if you dont give me, a freeloader, something for free, i wont play at all. This is disgusting behaviour and i pray ZOS doesnt give in.

You know where the door is. Send me your stuff on your way out.

Totally agree.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheOOB wrote: »
    I know there is no way to get the crafting bag without ESO plus, and I know this has probably been discussed before, but it is a bit upsetting to me that there is no way to get the crafting bag without eso plus.

You kind of can. Up to a point.

Buy the banker NPC, which is semi-decently priced if bought with discounted crowns. Install one of the inventory management addons like bank manager revived. Those can be configured do all of the supremely tedious shifting of crafting materials etc. Dedicate a few alts to holding crafting materials.

It's definitely not as convenient as the crafting bag but it drastically reduces the incredible tedium of inventory management to make the game playable.
  • Sergg007
    Sergg007
    ✭✭✭✭
    i have banker and it is full, i have few alts too and it is not save me from shi*ty management. I want to play and not dig into my inventory.
    Edited by Sergg007 on December 31, 2017 12:51PM