The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Owning a dlc should allow you to buy the house with gold

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The observatory house is the closest thing to a dwemer home that many have asked for, yet it is crown only... what a nice gold sink it would have been but nope... paying for a dlc should get you access to the homes to buy with gold, not having to pay extra irl cash for it
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    The observatory house is the closest thing to a dwemer home that many have asked for, yet it is crown only... what a nice gold sink it would have been but nope... paying for a dlc should get you access to the homes to buy with gold, not having to pay extra irl cash for it

And a fkton of crowns as well!
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would pay 5M gold for this one.
    Edited by Apherius on October 25, 2017 8:33AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS:

giphy.gif
  • Vimora
    Vimora
    ✭✭✭✭
    There should be housing upkeep, which is basically a weekly fee you can only pay in Crowns or you lose the house. What a nice Crown sink it could be!
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurray for the 1% that can afford the big houses.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vimora wrote: »
    There should be housing upkeep, which is basically a weekly fee you can only pay in Crowns or you lose the house. What a nice Crown sink it could be!
    Stop giving them ideas!
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • mirta000b16_ESO
    mirta000b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. 12 000 crowns for a DLC only house and it being the ONLY house available in the DLC is just not right.
  • esthervanbezooijen
    esthervanbezooijen
    Soul Shriven
    I totally agree, I really thought housing was a great idea. But now after all these houses only for crowns, i think it is the worst thing they ever thought off. Next to that even if you have this nice dwemer house. How to get youre furniture? they also made that impossible
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally agree, I really thought housing was a great idea. But now after all these houses only for crowns, i think it is the worst thing they ever thought off. Next to that even if you have this nice dwemer house. How to get youre furniture? they also made that impossible

they datamined a sotha sil furnishing pack a lil while ago. so thats how u get the furniture. more crowns.
  • esthervanbezooijen
    esthervanbezooijen
    Soul Shriven

they datamined a sotha sil furnishing pack a lil while ago. so thats how u get the furniture. more crowns.

They just implemented a patch to make the clockwork plans drop less. Which wasnt even that generous to start with. Vvardefell had the same issue, but at least there you still had the ancestral tombs that you can farm. Been farming for months and got maybe to 1/3 of all there is. Ppl with jobs/studies will never have any chance on any of these furniture. Unless you pay real money on it
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They just implemented a patch to make the clockwork plans drop less. Which wasnt even that generous to start with. Vvardefell had the same issue, but at least there you still had the ancestral tombs that you can farm. Been farming for months and got maybe to 1/3 of all there is. Ppl with jobs/studies will never have any chance on any of these furniture. Unless you pay real money on it

And I refuse to pay real money for any of them. I've resigned myself to the fact that I may not even get to knowing half of the MW furnishing plans and have spent quite a bit of gold at guild traders for furnishings and some of the plans. I would have a few million more gold in my bank if it weren't for that. Good thing I don't really like the clockwork furnishings all that well.

I'm debating whether I'll even buy the Orbservatory now. I'm glad it's at least not a limited-time item, but 12K unfurnished? It's hard to tell from the previews (I'm on XB), but it seems to me that Tel Galen is actually larger - perhaps maybe the same size. Fully furnished it was 10K, for a limited-time release. Thus, I was hoping for a similar crown price on this one. Maybe I'm wrong and it's actually bigger, or perhaps they're just banking on everyone wanting a clockwork home. Everyone wanted a Telvanni mushroom tower, but they kinda screwed them up, so I guess the price was cheaper in the hopes they'd get some people to buy it (which I did).

EDIT: And I agree that there should be homes in the DLC zones that are available for gold. Make them tied to achievements. If you don't own the DLC (by either purchasing it outright or being an ESO+ member), you can purchase them with Crowns (like MW).

And, FFS, please offer small/medium homes as well.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on October 25, 2017 6:15PM
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawkan wrote: »
    Hurray for the 1% that can afford the big houses.

@Rawkan
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arQ--6zTnug

Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »

One might like it that way but that's not necessarily something that makes it a should be vs a want to be.

DLCs are cheap and certain should not offer a player any more than ic they were a sub. Especially since they're so much cheaper than subscringing a full year even if one bought all DLCs offered in a year.

Apologies for introducing a tad bit of logic.