The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Show me your Mag DK PVP builds

• WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pre Aug14: Spinner+The Sun+Bloodspawn (5l/0m/2h). Both running sword and board
    After Aug14: Burning Spellweave+The Sun+Valkyn Skoria (7l/0m/0h). Same

Always Stage 4 Vampire, 0 crit resistance.

If i have to die, then i have to, 4000 crit is not going to save me anyway...
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wizards riposte, then 5 pc anything else. Monster set for flavor. Riposte is amazing. Tankiness of heavy armor, damage and sustain of light. I've run it with shalk, shacklebreaker, sun, BSW, and seducer. All work, just move around food, jewelry enchants, or mundus to fill in the gaps. Monster sets include bloodspawn, valkyn, or grothdar.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    5 amberplasm, 5 sun, 2 skoria.

@Hutch679 extra stam regen from amberplasm turns off during blocking though. Wouldn't bloodthorn be a better choice for stamina sustain?
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    Wizards riposte, then 5 pc anything else. Monster set for flavor. Riposte is amazing. Tankiness of heavy armor, damage and sustain of light. I've run it with shalk, shacklebreaker, sun, BSW, and seducer. All work, just move around food, jewelry enchants, or mundus to fill in the gaps. Monster sets include bloodspawn, valkyn, or grothdar.

Really? Does the minor maim (-15% damage) make such a great difference?
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭

Yes it's amazing, I've been running 5 wizards 5 sun and skoria and it's great.
    One can say just run choking talons but burning has another dot so more skoria procs + you can have this up almost 100% and it costs 0 magicka.
    When the new patch hits console I'll definitely try out the flame blossom set.
    Edited by devilsTear on August 14, 2017 11:41PM
  • Tormy
    Tormy
    ✭✭✭
    Running 5 sun/5 impreg/2 bloodspawn. 6 sturdy traits snb. Feels good in cp and non cp
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    devilsTear wrote: »

One can say just run choking talons but burning has another dot so more skoria procs + you can have this up almost 100% and it costs 0 magicka.

Do you think Wizard's Riposte set would work good for my Tank? (PvE group dungeon tanking)?

What about on my Stamina based Werewolf build (PvP-- for more survivability)?
    Perhaps, Pelinal's + Wizard's Riposte?

Thoughts?

• WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I switched from 5H Rattlecage 2L Desert Rose and Bloodspawn. To 5L Desert Rose, 2H Rattlecage and Valkyn (I don't have light Bloodspawn shoulders). That's it, might change to 5L of Shackle but I'd need Tempering Alloys and not sure what best trait is yet for offensive bar 1 hander.
    PC EU
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    I switched from 5H Rattlecage 2L Desert Rose and Bloodspawn. To 5L Desert Rose, 2H Rattlecage and Valkyn (I don't have light Bloodspawn shoulders). That's it, might change to 5L of Shackle but I'd need Tempering Alloys and not sure what best trait is yet for offensive bar 1 hander.

I'm thinking of maybe trying out infused with a shock glyph for minor vulnerability. We'll see though. I would probably be better off going with an oblivion glyph.
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    devilsTear wrote: »

Do you think Wizard's Riposte set would work good for my Tank? (PvE group dungeon tanking)?

What about on my Stamina based Werewolf build (PvP-- for more survivability)?
    Perhaps, Pelinal's + Wizard's Riposte?

Thoughts?

Afaik pve mobs can't crit so the 5p bonus would be useless in pve, I can't comment on you other question because I have no experience with werewolves.
  • K4RMA
    K4RMA
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could run something super simple and cheap like Seducer Sun Bloodspawn and be fine as long as you've got the playstyle down for solo/small group pvp
    nerf mdk
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    5 amberplasm, 5 sun, 2 skoria.

@Hutch679 extra stam regen from amberplasm turns off during blocking though. Wouldn't bloodthorn be a better choice for stamina sustain?

Probably
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IxskullzxI wrote: »

I'm thinking of maybe trying out infused with a shock glyph for minor vulnerability. We'll see though. I would probably be better off going with an oblivion glyph.

Or a poison?
    PC EU
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    IxskullzxI wrote: »

Or a poison?

Hmm.. That would probably be a better route to go lol
    Edit: actually just saw they have a 10 sec cooldown so Idk.
    Edited by IxskullzxI on August 15, 2017 8:03PM
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tried Syrabane?

Only works vs magic builds but crazy magic sustain.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Syrabane's+Grip+Set
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Impreg sturdy, alt mastery, bloodspawn.

2 spelldamage, 1 reduce mag cost. Infused frontbar, idk backbar. tri glyphs on big, mag on small. Tri food.

Rotation:. 1 part: Entropy, gapclose, breath, embers, 2 parts: talons, deep breath, whip, power whip. Repeat until you get your required results. Leap to taste.

Info: Almost cancertank. Throw ultis for regen+damage. Block lots. Imo valkyn is sh|twank. Not reliable enough, damage is OK at best, ult is bae. *** fossilize, glorified root, real men use invasion. Igneous isn't worth for healing buff anymore, to short so no synergies with mist. Still run for ult+stam. Some cute passive healing don't rely on dragonblood cuz it sux until your low, but then the wrath pops and ur ded, can't all get 15k health/shield in a single button.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Has anyone tried Syrabane?

Only works vs magic builds but crazy magic sustain.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Syrabane's+Grip+Set

Yes! I have it in inventory for when a particular ball group logs on for the afternoon. It's not as good for regular AvA tho unless you are pushing to the front like a dedicated tank.
    PC EU
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 wizard's reposte
    5 bloodthorn OR 5 war maiden
    2 grothdarr
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »
    5 wizard's reposte
    2 grothdarr

War maiden for mDK is a bad choice.
    Because I can!
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »
    5 wizard's reposte
    2 grothdarr

Why war maiden?
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5 sun + 5 wyrd tree + 1 kena. HA

2H + Flame staff
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Tormy
    Tormy
    ✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    5 sun + 5 wyrd tree + 1 kena. HA

2H + Flame staff

What's your skill bar looking like with this set up
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    not using it since a couple weeks but is something like this:

2H bar:
    whip
    talons/petrify/embers
    Cblood
    crit rush
    Variable (volatile, draw essence, radiant magelight, embers, igneous weapons, cinder storm etc)

U Leap

flame bar:
    Destro reach
    crushing shock
    cblood
    weakness to elements
    variable (radiant, igneous, entropy, cinder storm)

The thing is that 2H sword increases your dmg in a 5% and that sinergyzes well with WiR 6% dmg increase in AoE flame skills (leap hits an 11% harder, which is stronger than the 6% with flame staff-S/B)
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 Impregnable 5 Desert Rose 2 Skoria, all sturdy, 5L/1H/1M

You're welcome

@Anne_Firehawk
    What do your stats look like with this? I'm currently looking at putting together a 5L mag dk with dual sNB.
    I'd like to tallons then have inhale go off roughly same time as proxy det for burst.
    The 5L will give a lot more damage than 5H but I am a bit concerned with my own survivability and sustain.
    What do you think of wizards riposte?

What is the best sustain set for mag dk? Desert rose could potentially give about the equivalent of 1100 regen in perfect situations, but that's assuming the set procs every 4 seconds reliably.
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    5x BSW (light)
    5x Sun (jewelry and 1 handed and shield)
    2x Bloodspawn (heavy)

I'm doing awesome dmg and have a very good resistance.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Nemeliom
    What are your resistances at?
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    5 sun+5 shackle+valkyn skoria

Ha or la I have both and play one or another depending on the lag.
    Two trips stats enchants for 15k Stam and two reduce cost glyphs.
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    5-1-1 (3 sturdy pieces rest impen)
    In LA I use one reduce block cost glyph instead of 2 reduce Magica)
    Fossilize - embers - chocking - iner light - whip -(leap)
    Volatile armor - entropy - cdb - elusive mist - engulfing flames - (shoting star)

Atronach mundus
    Dark elf vampire stage 4
    Edited by Vesper_BR on October 21, 2017 2:26AM
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
  • Braedon998
    I use:
    5 Shackle
    5 Wizard riposte (Back Bar) (Powered sword, reinforced shield)
    2 Skoria
    2 Torug (Front bar) (Sharp sword, and reinforced or divines sheild)

If you want more sustain/pen you can use light armor, or for survivablity use heavy armor like i do.

On jewelry I have one recovery, and two reduce costs.

Also, run atro, and tri-stat food. Need to keep that stam around 15k at least. Mine is at 18k tho :)

All impen armor

My CP is pretty custom, I dont have max yet. Only around 475 so I have faced some trade-offs. Just makes me play smarter.

I also like playing, 5 Seducer, 5 Alt Mastery, 2 BS or Skoria sustain is insane and I can run some Spell Damage glyphs on that. (Mostly for non-cp)

Dunmer and Vamp is great setup

Most classes generally have a lot of sets that can work for them. I have recently been having fun theory crafting then farming and then testing builds on all sorts of characters. Like DK, Templar, MagNB, there is a meta of course, but there are SOOO many sets that work well, and how you have to adjust your play style for your build is so much fun to me. So go read the wiki on sets and what they give you, and make your own build with sets you think will help you the most and form to your play style. There are too many sets to just copy someone elses.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 Impregnable 5 Desert Rose 2 Skoria, all sturdy, 5L/1H/1M

You're welcome

This. It's everything you need