Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MacOS High Sierra

Publius_Scipio
Publius_Scipio
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So High Sierra just released today. Anyone download and install it yet? Everything working fine? Specifically, no issues with ESO running on new OS?
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭

Tried running the game, seems as usual, one exception is that I got a freezed cursor shadow artefact which is distinct from my cursor.

I don't know how to reproduce that, not sure what it's related to.

The image I attach should normally contain no cursor as Os X removes it while taking screenshot (it is system due to me command tabbing back and forth)

r1oesy03z6sa.png
    Edited by nCats on September 26, 2017 12:07AM
  • JoLeSi
    JoLeSi
    ✭✭
    My cursor has been frozen entirely since updating to High Sierra. I can't select between NA and EU servers, therefore I am forced to Quit. The High Sierra update is the only difference from yesterday when everything worked perfectly fine.

So, don't update yet. Lol.

Edited by JoLeSi on September 26, 2017 5:29PM
    Long Live the King!
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JoLeSi wrote: »
    My cursor has been frozen entirely since updating to High Sierra. I can't select between NA and EU servers, therefore I am forced to Quit. The High Sierra update is the only difference from yesterday when everything worked perfectly fine.

Cursor is frozen in ESO or you saying your cursor if frozen even while on desktop?
  • JoLeSi
    JoLeSi
    ✭✭

Cursor is frozen in ESO or you saying your cursor if frozen even while on desktop?

It freezes as soon as the game launches. As soon as I Force Quit it works normally.
    Long Live the King!
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It freezes as soon as the game launches. As soon as I Force Quit it works normally.

Well that sucks. I want to update lol
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    We need to get more attention to this. I have written on bug report forum. If someone can submit a ticket in game, somehow, that would be nice.
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    @KhajitFurTrader , maybe?
  • aldriq
    aldriq
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like it could be an OpenGL glitch, hopefully easy to resolve in next patch... I was fearing the file system update to APFS would cause far more trouble.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been running it just fine. I do launch in low res mode though, makes the game run a lot better.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even realize my OS updated, cause I never authorized it. Last time I checked I was still using Yosemite because El Capitan was apparently giving people all manner of problems.

So... the last few days haven't given me any issues. I'll assume it works alright.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    Overall sounds like variative experience. Maybe it is ok on better graphics cards.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nCats wrote: »
    Overall sounds like variative experience. Maybe it is ok on better graphics cards.

I updated to High Sierra last night. ESO seems to work for me.
  • AKSb16_ESO2
    AKSb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭

No problems with the cursor?
    Here the cursor is transformed into a blurry square. ^^
    Edited by AKSb16_ESO2 on October 5, 2017 7:05AM
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No problems with the cursor?
    Here the cursor is transformed into a blurry square. ^^

Yeah, my cursor seems fine so far.
  • rampoob16_ESO
    rampoob16_ESO
    ✭✭
    IMG_3768.jpg.html

cursor corrupted
  • rampoob16_ESO
    rampoob16_ESO
    ✭✭
    IMG_3768.jpg.html

cursor corrupted
    IMG_3768.jpg
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This past Thursday I got an update notification in the App Store for a High Sierra Supplemental Update. One of the bullet points of fixes says cursor graphic bug. Maybe you guys should see if the update fixes it.
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on October 7, 2017 3:37PM
  • rampoob16_ESO
    rampoob16_ESO
    ✭✭
    Systemversion: macOS 10.13 (17A405) incl. Supplement fix the Cursor Bug in Indesign (Adobe), but not in ESO :(
  • AKSb16_ESO2
    AKSb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Cursor still buggy.
    And game not playable because of some kind of baaaad "lag" or something like that.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That sucks. Not sure what else to add here. I was lucky that everything seems to be ok for me.
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    @Publius_Scipio can I ask you what mac do you have? Do you run Intel or Radeon graphics card?

I am currently on 2017 5k, so if this one is not bugged, I may as well try updating.
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    @Publius_Scipio can I ask you what mac do you have? Do you run Intel or Radeon graphics card?

I am currently on 2017 5k, so if this one is not bugged, I may as well try updating.

Same question to @Vapirko ?
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Late 2013 MacBook Pro fully spec’d out
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same question to @Vapirko ?

I’ve got the 2017 15 inch MacBook Pro.
  • TheTimeWizard
    My cursor does the same, I can reset it by tabbing away from ESO screen and then back, but then it still gets lost or turn into a white block with the cursor in the middle, sometimes I have 2 cursors one that is stationary and one that moves. Just curious as to wether the root cause of this error has been determined?

Current system is:

Model Name:MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
    Model Identifier:MacBookPro13,3
    Processor Name:Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed:2.9 GHz
    Number of Processors:1
    Total Number of Cores:4
    L2 Cache (per Core):256 KB
    L3 Cache:8 MB
    Memory:16 GB
    Boot ROM Version:MBP133.0233.B00
    SMC Version (system):2.38f7
    Radeon Pro 460 4 GB
    Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    I have that on a 2011 iMac where after high sierra i found that the cursor would stick on the game at times, in menus or crafting or buying. I thought it was just my iMac getting old, but sounds like it is something else, I find that if i really shake the mouse it will move but then stick again.
    Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.
  • aldriq
    aldriq
    ✭✭✭
    Finally upgraded, no cursor issue with the Intel Iris 6100.
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    Alright I will wait till .1 release of High Sierra and then upgrade. Thanks all for the input.
  • Kileo
    Kileo
    ✭✭
    So I had been using High Sierra beta for quite some time and was plagued by this cursor issue you guys are talking about, couldn't figure out what was causing it for the longest time until I started messing around with every mouse setting I could possibly find.

So I hope this works for all of you with the issue, if not..at least some of you.

System Preferences > Accessibility > Mouse & Trackpad > Uncheck Spring-Loading delay

I tried leaving it enabled and turning the delay down and up to see if it would help the issue without completely disabling it and it wouldn't work for me unless it was completely unchecked. But I haven't had an issue so far with my mouse doing weird things since disabling that option.

Hope it helps, I know how frustrating it was.
    Believers Never Die
    Æthir
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kileo wrote: »
    So I had been using High Sierra beta for quite some time and was plagued by this cursor issue you guys are talking about, couldn't figure out what was causing it for the longest time until I started messing around with every mouse setting I could possibly find.

So I hope this works for all of you with the issue, if not..at least some of you.

System Preferences > Accessibility > Mouse & Trackpad > Uncheck Spring-Loading delay

I tried leaving it enabled and turning the delay down and up to see if it would help the issue without completely disabling it and it wouldn't work for me unless it was completely unchecked. But I haven't had an issue so far with my mouse doing weird things since disabling that option.

Hope it helps, I know how frustrating it was.

Nice find