Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Homestead Guide: Master Writs"

• SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

This is very old but I didn't know where I should re-engage this question. I tried a complete search but the system did not return any further followup.

From earlier it was answered:
    CREEP wrote: »
    -With the introduction of furnishing crafting schematics, does knowledge of these influence Master Writ chances as they are "craftable goods"?

This doesn’t factor in at the moment, but we’ll be evaluating it for future growth of the system.

We are still having crafters ask about whether these Achievements affect the RNG for Master Writs. Can either of you please let us know if they have been added to the Master Writ Knowledge Requirements?
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I certainly hope not! Considering how rare the new MW plans are - I have exactly 4 purples out of what, at least 100?

Also, most of the plans involve knowledge of more than one craft, so it would seem a difficult task to factor knowledge of these plans into each of the crafts.

EDIT - Ah...I re-read and see you are referring to the Achievements. In that case, I think it would be much easier to factor those in, if they decide to do so. If they do, I would hope they would let us know!
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on October 18, 2017 4:36PM
  • ETROOPER3
    ETROOPER3
    This may have been asked, but if I buy a motif from the crown store does it count towards my chances of getting better writ vouchers?
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ETROOPER3 wrote: »
    This may have been asked, but if I buy a motif from the crown store does it count towards my chances of getting better writ vouchers?

First, unearthing a thread that is over a year old is not the appropriate way to ask this question.

And second, it depends. If the motif that you bought is available through other means in-game, then yes, it will. If the motif is exclusive to the Crown Store and not available via gameplay, then no, it will not.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • ETROOPER3
    ETROOPER3
    code65536 wrote: »
    ETROOPER3 wrote: »

First, unearthing a thread that is over a year old is not the appropriate way to ask this question.

And second, it depends. If the motif that you bought is available through other means in-game, then yes, it will. If the motif is exclusive to the Crown Store and not available via gameplay, then no, it will not.

Hmm. Funny, seems like the Official Discussion Thread for "Homestead Guide: Master Writs" would be the perfect place to ask this question. Just because I'm late to the party doesn't mean my question is any less important or valid than any other here. Also, it might be a year old but I have search several places looking for an answer before this discussion thread. Thanks for your input though!
  • Malborn66
    Malborn66
    ✭✭✭
    I accumulate writs for Motif chapters that I do not currently know and then go out and buy the missing page through the merchants.
    What is so difficult about that?

It strikes me that there is too much whining about buying Motifs from the Crown Store.
    The only time I ever did that was to buy an Imperial Motif book.

All the rest are (to my mind) a rip off.

I know that ZOS revoked the ability to accumulate Glass motif by fragments.
    I am sure it is no coincidence that it shortly after ended up as a Motif in the Crown Store.

I would still rather buy individual motif pages that splash out 5000K Crowns for it.

With a team of 10 Characters of varying levels of knowledge, I usually get enough Master Writs to keep my Master Crafter in work on a daily basis. RNG be fair to me.
    There are ups and downs but RNG is not that unkind to me in that respect.

Malborn
    PC-EU
    All Alliances
    L50 <800CP
  • ETROOPER3
    ETROOPER3
    Thank you for that insightful and none as what worthy post. I just don't get on enough to get enough gold to buy ones like ba and and all and I would rather wait than waste my money if it's not going to help in regard to rng toward better writs. I have seen 200 ,300 writ vouchers I can't break 100 it seems. Again thank you for your post Malborn!