Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

To folks who sneer saying that overland content is easy peasy and can be done with Light Attacks...

• vpy
    vpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    bebynnag wrote: »
    vpy wrote: »
    did this on my 1st ever character a khajit sword & board using hybrid I only light attcked bk then & i played in 1st person when the game 1st lauched on console

i did this a few days ago on different srever, no CP underleveled non set training gear light attcaked my way through the content
    no video cause why would i record a *** easy fight i cake walked!

Yeah right

/yawn

Cool story bro

its not difficult - if you strugle its cause your bad at the game

maybe spent less time on the forums complaining everything is too hard & more time playing the game & you wont strugle with easy content

Cool story bro
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    swippy wrote: »
    back on topic, which fight are we talking about? videos are... i'm specced for reading right now
    He's talking about the Valley of the Blades main fight, when waves of undead Redguards try to whoop your rear while you try to dodge the big red circles of death.

There are circles of death in these fights? Didn't notice them last time I did it, three weeks ago.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did this on my 1st ever character a khajit sword & board using hybrid I only light attcked bk then & i played in 1st person when the game 1st lauched on console

i did this a few days ago on different srever, no CP underleveled non set training gear light attcaked my way through the content

Yeah right

/yawn

Cool story bro

maybe spent less time on the forums complaining everything is too hard & more time playing the game & you wont strugle with easy content

Cool story bro

please stop calling me bro

i am a middle aged disabled woman not your brother

any hew!

i just completed your challenge on a level 25 stamblade,
    now i will confess (because i do feel as though i cheated) i dodge rolled, bashed, interupted & heavy attacked, and i was wearing 2 full sets (spriggan & assassins guile) level 20/21

but as i said before - it was easy - a little boring & my arthritis is really playing up now spamming light attack so much so if you dont mind im gonna go take some pain meds

toodle pip

<Video here>
    Edited by bebynnag on September 29, 2017 11:04AM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »
    There are circles of death in these fights? Didn't notice them last time I did it, three weeks ago.
    Yes. Not with every wave of undead, but one of the ones you fight has a large circle of death that will definitely kill you if you stay in it. He gets spawned with one other undead who does not have a circle of death. He also moves around, so you have to fight both at the same time while avoiding the red.
    I did the fight yesterday, so the fight is pretty fresh in my mind. :)

• MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never understood exactly what it is some people seem to gain by mocking and attempting to humiliate people for not being as good at a video game as they are. It must be something pretty good, cause there sure are a lot of them.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on September 29, 2017 11:07AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    ...Kindly do this harborage quest LA attacking with your Stam Blade or Stam DK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP1s0-nri6c#t=15m19s

The fight starts at 15m19s FYI

-No CP
    -Your character must be less than 30

As thats how a new person into ESO will be facing this harborage quest for the first time

Get some decent gear. Its shockingly easy
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    died in there myself a few times on lowbies :):):)
    PC
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree not the easiest of fights. What's worse is your companions are absolutely worthless in it. Lol
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah right

/yawn

Cool story bro

Cool story bro

any hew!

now i will confess (because i do feel as though i cheated) i dodge rolled, bashed, interupted & heavy attacked, and i was wearing 2 full sets (spriggan & assassins guile) level 20/21

but as i said before - it was easy - a little boring & my arthritis is really playing up now spamming light attack so much so if you dont mind im gonna go take some pain meds

toodle pip

<Video here>

Great video and show. Now imagine how much easier and faster it would have been with actual abilities :tongue:
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Everstorm wrote: »
    Yes. Not with every wave of undead, but one of the ones you fight has a large circle of death that will definitely kill you if you stay in it. He gets spawned with one other undead who does not have a circle of death. He also moves around, so you have to fight both at the same time while avoiding the red.
    I did the fight yesterday, so the fight is pretty fresh in my mind. :)
    Yes, noticed I died last I did it granted I probably tried to pull and burn everything.

Back to overland difficulty, having some rotation, crafted training gear and blue food its trivial doing overland content.
    However I had problems on warden then I tested him on PTS using just dropped gear in some boss fights like the warclaws.

issue is that overland has to be doable by everybody with junk gear, with good gear and food its easy, cp160 with dungeon level setups its an joke.
    Edited by zaria on September 29, 2017 11:57AM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-No CP

As thats how a new person into ESO will be facing this harborage quest for the first time

In general, I don't see how or what going through any PvE contents with just spamming light attacks would prove or be beneficial. Ehh, they must be that bored or something. Ok, sure.. probably any normal overland PvE content can be done with only light attack by a toon without CP. You will need good armor build/set with high spell/physical resistance, though. It won't be an easy, short or quick fight, just spamming light attacks, however. You would also need to be a bit experienced with ESO; like a veteran creating a new toon and not using any CP. I have redone the PvE contents with creating a new toon and not throwing on any CP. Although, I didn't go through just spamming light attacks, some contents were fairly easy while others were still challenging, even with using the usual rotations of skills. Yeah, just spamming light attacks; what the hell would that prove?

Sure, in a dolmen zerg or when you have multiple toons going at it against a world boss, you may or will see one or two just spamming light bow shots (what in the world, though.) I understand those that spam light bow shots at dolmen do it in an effort to quickly hit multiple targets in order to get in on the xp/kills. To me, it is still ludicrous to only using or spamming light attacks or light bow shots. I guess it's ok if you have multiple toons.. however, when you are or have been soloing a dolmen or a world boss, then another toon shows up and you realize that toon is only spamming light attack or bow shots; that is quite messed up. It is practically one doing all the work while the other is just skating through. The funny part, though, is that toon is being chased by a couple or more adds, but that same toon is still spamming light bow shots. You know that won't end well, especially if that toon doesn't have CP in his resistance or damage mitigating factors.

Anyways.. peeps, stop spamming light attacks when you're at a dolmen or fighting a world boss with just another toon or two who are actually rotating through and using those "high damaging" skills gracefully afforded upon each toon skillset. You have two damn bars with 6 skill slots in each.. goodness. Heck, I even been in a world boss fight where a toon (higher CP) was just using his bare hands; literally no weapon.. just punching away left and right at the boss. What in the world?! What is he or she trying to prove? That toon is not doing any others also fighting that world boss pit any favor. Just be good to one another and use those other damn skills you have.

Edited by GreenhaloX on September 29, 2017 12:29PM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its a problem since 1T. Every zone now has pretty much the same difficulty. I always preferred the older games like DAOC in this respect, where you went to the zone that matched your level/gear/ability.

Unfortunately in ESO if you want to do overland stuff, you don't get to choose how challenging that content is.

I mean yes, people do say overland is too easy - and it is to easy with experienced players with completed builds, food, pots and CP. Its way too easy. All of it. To the point where combat is very, very dull and therefore just a pointless distraction.

BUT on the other hand, I started playing Morrowind overland with my Warden, deciding that I wouldn't craft any gear for him, would only use food/drink/pots/gear that he finds while playing through the zone/quests, and that I would not spend any CP on him.
    Result - an enjoyable overland experience. There was enough of a challenge for the fight to be engaging - not difficult, but engaging. But then I know the mechanics. I know what skills to use/unlock first, what stats to spend on, not to hybridize, and how to ani-cancel and how to defend.

I can only imagine that for a brand new player, those fights that I found to be engaging would be challenging - to the point where deaths would be fairly frequent.

Balance is probably right for the new player (depending on how much of a challenge players like in their games).

But it would be nice if there was some kind of veteran difficulty option for those who do have CP/gear.. I honestly don't know how that could be implemented without it either simply weakening your character or being on a totally separate server to the 'standard' setting.. Either would be bead for the game.

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Saint314Louis1985
    Saint314Louis1985
    ✭✭✭
    my 4 year old son can clear most delves with nothing but sweeps and light attacks. he has actually even beat some of the open world bosses with help from a couple people passing by. open world is ridiculously easy if you have any amount of cp.
  • Timeraider
    Timeraider
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that there are some harder fights. However this is a VERY minor part of the entire content.
    You cannot claim a game is hard just because there are 4-5 enemies harder than the other 150.000
    Feralclaw - EU - AD
    Khajit Warden - Werewolf Warden

Also own:
    lvl 50 Templar PvP Healer (Dunmer)
    2 lvl 50 Magicka Staff / Stamina / Healer Nightblade's (Khajit/Dunmer)
    lvl 50 Magicka Sorcerer (Dunmer)
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish there was a toggle champion points option, so you can just turn off your CP if you want to.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I remember when people had to spend 5 hours trying to beat Molag Bal.
    Or that surprise Doshia.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-No CP

I remember this quest.

This issue is 1000% CP. When I rolled a Warden for Morrowind, I played it like a new player would, that is no access to my gear, crafting, consumables, or anything else from my established characters. It wasn't easy at all, especially since Morrowind saw a big nerf to resource sustain. Once I hit elvel 50 and got all those CPs, it went right to face-roling.

• Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never understood exactly what it is some people seem to gain by mocking and attempting to humiliate people for not being as good at a video game as they are. It must be something pretty good, cause there sure are a lot of them.

They try to pump up their own ego by knocking other people down. Usually stems from low self-esteem! It doesn't really say anything about the person they are mocking and trying to humiliate but it says loads about their own deep-rooted issues.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Harbourage quests are not Overland content.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @vpy

First off, as stated, this is not a overworld boss, but a solo quest boss, which are easier than Zone World bosses.
    Yes, I'm one of those who say not only is overworld easy, but the main quest and guild quest are all hella easy.
    Know why???
    Cause of folks saying how hard they are and it all got nerfed!!
    At launch, everything was harder. Now , spoiler ahead, even Molag Bal and Doshia are a push over.
    Perhaps if you spent as much imagination in your gaming as you do posting polls and troll threads, you would find it easy too.
    Next poll??? Mudcrabs too hard? Are wardens prettier than Imperials?? I can't wait...
    My 2 Drakes!
    Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • central_scrutinizer
    I'm not "sneering", I'm bored of overland, because it's far too easy. And that sucks, because I really like the overland in eso.

I don't care about whatever scenarios you try to invent by isolating specific instances (which isn't even overland so gj with that, lol), the entirety of the overland is not made up of that one fight (if that fight had actually been part of the overland). Almost every zone is completely trivial.

I really miss taking a low v into higher v zones. Maybe you don't remember, but it used to be high-lvl content as well as being low lvl content, the overland isn't just for newbies, at least it wasn't supposed to be. Due to the OT revamp+power creep, I've lost a huge swath of the world to play in.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah right

/yawn

Cool story bro

Cool story bro

any hew!

toodle pip

<Video here>

Great video and show. Now imagine how much easier and faster it would have been with actual abilities :tongue:

ikr, i took about 1 min the other day on my argonian warden wearing low level stolen heavy armour :D
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont get the point
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

They try to pump up their own ego by knocking other people down. Usually stems from low self-esteem! It doesn't really say anything about the person they are mocking and trying to humiliate but it says loads about their own deep-rooted issues.

OR

OP 'called-out' any one who claims overland content was far too easy and then produced a heavily & badly edited video of a solo instance

they set what they considered to be a 'challenge' - complete this solo instance using a stam NB or DK, no CP, < lvl 30 using only light attacks

multiple people called them out saying this was a solo instance & it was in fact easy, but OP started using the whole 'cool story bro' thing on me which if you are unaware is basically calling me a liar so i decided to complete the challenge,

now if you choose to interpret that as a sign that i have low self esteem then go ahead, i really dont care!
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

OR

OP 'called-out' any one who claims overland content was far too easy and then produced a heavily & badly edited video of a solo instance

they set what they considered to be a 'challenge' - complete this solo instance using a stam NB or DK, no CP, < lvl 30 using only light attacks

multiple people called them out saying this was a solo instance & it was in fact easy, but OP started using the whole 'cool story bro' thing on me which if you are unaware is basically calling me a liar so i decided to complete the challenge,

now if you choose to interpret that as a sign that i have low self esteem then go ahead, i really dont care!

I made a general statement in response to the comment above mine which I quoted. I did not quote you or mention your name or say anything specifically about you. So, I don't know what you are going on about but.....if the shoe fits, wear it.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's always the Stonefire Machinations quest with three elite bosses and a bunch of guys standing around who will also aggro if you hit them.

Don't try to tell me that one is easy.
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc