Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

To folks who sneer saying that overland content is easy peasy and can be done with Light Attacks...

vpy
vpy
✭✭✭✭
...Kindly do this harborage quest LA attacking with your Stam Blade or Stam DK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP1s0-nri6c#t=15m19s

The fight starts at 15m19s FYI

-No CP
-Your character must be less than 30

As thats how a new person into ESO will be facing this harborage quest for the first time

Edited by vpy on September 29, 2017 4:50AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat doesn't start until 16m00s, FYI.

Also, yeah, I remember when that quest was actually difficult. Holy snot buckets, those guys curbstomped my first nightblade when I went in there.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did it on a Magplar and StamSorc...

Edit: I was around lvl 40+ as this was way before 1T
    Edited by Cadbury on September 29, 2017 4:55AM
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not going to watch that whole thing. I actually played through it just yesterday with my 15th-millionth alt. LOL.
    Yeah, that's one of the tougher fights in the main story line. Although I can do it easily now that I've already done it at least five times before, and know exactly what's going to happen.
    Urfon Ice-Heart in the Wrothgar storyline is even tougher than that.
  • vpy
    vpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »

"with your Stam Blade or Stam DK"

I am quite specific about this as whenever Stam NBs complain of survivability , others tend to mock saying "overland content is nothing and can be done naked via LA"

So enlighten me by doing that quest on your non-CP <30 Stam NB or Stam DK via LA
    Edited by vpy on September 29, 2017 4:56AM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not overland
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vpy wrote: »
    Cadbury wrote: »

"with your Stam Blade or Stam DK"

I am quite specific about this as whenever Stam NBs complain of survivability , others tend to mock saying "overland content is nothing and can be done naked via LA"

So enlighten me by doing that quest on your non-CP <30 Stam NB or Stam DK

Oh, I see. A nerf NB/ DK thread

Say no more, friend. I got your back.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any other restrictions?

No vigor, absolutely no skills, no potions, no blocking or dodging, no CP, no armor, etc?

Basically, I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. The enemies faced in the enormous majority of overland content/questlines do very little more than run at you and hit you with light attacks and the occasional "move out of red" or CC. If you take no defensive actions and only light attack, you'll probably still die.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Not going to watch that whole thing. I actually played through it just yesterday with my 15th-millionth alt. LOL.
    Yeah, that's one of the tougher fights in the main story line. Although I can do it easily now that I've already done it at least five times before, and know exactly what's going to happen.
    Urfon Ice-Heart in the Wrothgar storyline is even tougher than that.

i'm so glad somebody mentioned Urfon. that was the first fight that ever crushed my armor and made me make a friend. i'm looking forward to going back to see how i do alone, now that i feel like a stronger player.

back on topic, which fight are we talking about? videos are... i'm specced for reading right now
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swippy wrote: »
    back on topic, which fight are we talking about? videos are... i'm specced for reading right now
    He's talking about the Valley of the Blades main fight, when waves of undead Redguards try to whoop your rear while you try to dodge the big red circles of death.

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that fight is not that easy especially if you don't have a good class heal or vigor yet. But it's not overland content.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My first toon was a stamblade in full heavy trash gear. I finished the entire main questline by level 40.

So 1) Not overland
    2) Still stupid easy
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just recently did that quest with my level 25 stamblade. It definitely was a tough fight but doable after one death. Makes you wonder what the other 'companions' are doing because they certainly aren't killing anything!
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • CyborgPlatypus
    CyborgPlatypus
    ✭✭✭
    What about trial of the burnished scales, I think it's called, where you are poisoned and can't heal.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about trial of the burnished scales, I think it's called, where you are poisoned and can't heal.

Yeah, that one is rough! I usually wait for another player to come along. Two can do it far easier.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yyyyyyup. That one is all about dealing more damage than you take, and ive seen plenty of new players unable to do it on their own.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • FoolishHuman
    FoolishHuman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that the one in the redguard tomb? I'm convinced something is wrong with the scaling of those mobs, they hit like dungeons mobs, not quest mobs.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hard casting frags was never going to be effective B)

But yeah some of the main quest isn't as easy as some of the L33ts claim for noobs and the illspecced.

I always remember there being a part where you collect flesh atro parts and you have to fight this Gargoyle I think, Killed me over and over until I gave up...

Back when I was a sorc with DW in Heavy armor, Lit staff back bar and half my points in health and the rest in stamina lol
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Autumnhart
    Autumnhart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Just recently did that quest with my level 25 stamblade. It definitely was a tough fight but doable after one death. Makes you wonder what the other 'companions' are doing because they certainly aren't killing anything!

Lyris Titanborn, mightiest warrior in the service of the Empire: can't tank, can't kill, likes to try to occupy the same space you are occupying.

You're not wrong, OP. There are several quest fights that are challenging, probably more so since 1T. I'm glad there are, people need to lose the idea they're never going to die before they get to harder content.
    Shadow hide you.
  • HJSmith24
    HJSmith24
    ✭✭
    Yup, on my first play through when i was fresh faced, didn't have a clue about builds and i just played how I liked to; i never really encountered any serious difficulty.

Then I got to this fight and severely got my ass handed to me on a silver platter 2 or 3 times.....
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autumnhart wrote: »

Lyris Titanborn, mightiest warrior in the service of the Empire: can't tank, can't kill, likes to try to occupy the same space you are occupying.

You're not wrong, OP. There are several quest fights that are challenging, probably more so since 1T. I'm glad there are, people need to lose the idea they're never going to die before they get to harder content.

Abnur Tharn is even worse. Only light attacks with his fancy glowing staff.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ugh. I'll admit I died an embarrassing amount of times the first time I got there. I think I finally just barely squeaked by.
  • Autumnhart
    Autumnhart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Doesn't he also throw down twisting path for you? That's a little useful.

I'm happy if they can just get out of the way tbh
    Shadow hide you.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

and this is where light attack spammers get their builds from.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the point of this discussion? People say overland content is easy since it is easy for a max lvl player with a good build. It is dead boring if a maxed out char has to do some overland quests since you just started to attacking a mob pack and it is already dead. There is no challenge at all.

Of course it would be "harder" if you run around naked or have a bad build(e.g double bow snipe out of stealth build) and just spam light attacks or other ineffective skills(not sure if harder or just longer) or don't slot a heal. But why would you do that? (Everything can be "challenging" if you do it ineffective)
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even with CP I've had trouble with that one, levelling a mag warden. Despite bad dps, can't say I had any trouble with anything else overland...well there's that thing in stonefalls where you turn into a ball of light and supposed to sneak past ghosts, that one is a pain.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did this on my 1st ever character a khajit sword & board using hybrid I only light attcked bk then & i played in 1st person when the game 1st lauched on console

i did this a few days ago on different srever, no CP underleveled non set training gear light attcaked my way through the content
    no video cause why would i record a *** easy fight i cake walked!
  • vpy
    vpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    bebynnag wrote: »
    did this on my 1st ever character a khajit sword & board using hybrid I only light attcked bk then & i played in 1st person when the game 1st lauched on console

i did this a few days ago on different srever, no CP underleveled non set training gear light attcaked my way through the content

Yeah right

/yawn

Cool story bro
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As many have said, not sure what you are wanting to point out.

This is not overworld, you are quite clearly NOT in any of the zones, you are in a quest instance. And when people say overworld is so easy you could just light attack everything, they mean with a somewhat decent build and max CP its really really really really really easy. Cause it is. Trash mobs and bosses are push overs, only exception are world bosses, which are actually named group bosses, cause they are designed to be done with a group, hence the name. Delves and Public dungeons as well as most quest lines can be gone through without any challenge what so ever, and you will most likely never die.

Now if you are not max level and you are not wearing good gear and you got few skill points then obviously it will be harder. No one will argue with you on that point, and the difficulty of low level battles is different for each class and role. A mag NB for example will have a much easier time solo low levels than say a stam DK, cause the NBs primary attack is also a heal. Some goes with Templars and their Puncturing Sweeps. But again, its still really not that hard for a well knowledge person to speed through any overworld content on their own with a low level alt. New players will of course have more problems since they are unfamiliar with the gameplay and have no CP.

But yea, there is really nothing to discuss here. Overworld is EASY as F for a max leveled toon and still fairly easy for someone that is not. Exceptions are World Bosses and a few quest instances that are not actually overworld zones.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vpy wrote: »
    bebynnag wrote: »

Yeah right

/yawn

Cool story bro

its not difficult - if you strugle its cause your bad at the game

maybe spent less time on the forums complaining everything is too hard & more time playing the game & you wont strugle with easy content

• Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now if you are not max level and you are not wearing good gear and you got few skill points then obviously it will be harder. No one will argue with you on that point, and the difficulty of low level battles is different for each class and role.

Perhaps not argue, but I think you'll find that every newbie question on the forum gets at least one, "Whatever, you can do it naked, overworld is so easy my grandma did while she was in a coma." Which at least implies that having any difficulty, or having to ask the newbie question, means you're a terribad who should probably just crawl under a rock and weep in shame. Sort of thing. Maybe you don't notice this because it would never apply to you. Pretty sure anybody it might apply to hears it loud and clear.

Edit: Or you could just look at the comment just previous to this one. Oh look, someone arguing with the OP on that point.
    Edited by Rainraven on September 29, 2017 9:59AM