The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Will we ever be able to actually place books in the book shelves?

Ranger_SamII
A system similar to Skyrim would work amazingly, instead of trying to "clip" the books into the shelves which are waaaay to small to even fit the books standing upright.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably not. It would make sense because we have book shelves and books available.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_MattFiror

Seriously, please have a look at this. Really takes one thing, make books a size that will fit. It does not make sense that books are available yet they are useless in the manner that would be most expected.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They're is the no clip option when you press T but yeah I really do wish you can just insert books automatically and it'll auto stack.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up. The books in my house are laying here and there on tables, beds, ... I don't have many books though.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope one day we can.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have 597 items / 300 cause i'm not eso+ anymore ... and make the book smaller would just destroy everything ... They should just increase the size of the bookshelves.

550134Screenshot20170629160107.png
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    They should let us resize/scale everything ;) (this may be come my mantra!
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just need to create a container "bookshelf" specifically for that. Just let you store the books in the "container" and the shelf update itself.

I tried for 5 minutes to make this work when Homestead arrived, gave up on the clunkiness and never bothered again.
    Edited by Dasovaruilos on October 6, 2017 12:01PM
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use two Breton Shelves - turn one and put it on top of the other. There you got somewhat of a book-case, then you use T and try and fit the books into it. It actuallyworks - but takes ages.

They should do the fix for Canopy-beds when/if they fix the bookshelf/book thing. It's quite annoying not to lay in my canopy-bed - unless I, of course, duel someone in my house - and they javelin/draining shot me into the bed(Playtime's not before after midnight okay).
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    One thing, not sure if it's doable, haven't tried in ESO, but line up one book so you know it's right..remove the bookshelf then line up the rest of the books and when down replace the bookshelf over the bookcase.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they were to do this, I'd want them to either add new bookshelf containers or only edit some of the bookshelves to be containers. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to display other items on the bookshelves.

EDIT: It was tedious, but I managed to add books to the Dark Elf Bookshelf, Sectioned, using the surface drag off feature. They weren't readable/usable, though, until ZOS made some edits to bookshelves a few updates ago - something about the lighting which as a bonus also helped with placement. I also managed to put the Pelinal books on the Hlaalu Bookshelf, Empty. I had to place them just slightly out from the edge of the shelf for them to be readable, but it's not that noticeable. It takes a lot of patience and use of surface drag off. Although, I've only tried filling these two bookshelves, so I don't know about the height of shelves on other bookcases.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on October 6, 2017 4:40PM