Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion thread for "Crown Store Showcase: October 2017"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
55518ab401fbe9865d39852b38d7c34f.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the Crown Store Showcase: October 2017 blog article.

As the air chills and leaves turn, everyone across Tamriel is preparing for the Witches Festival. This month, merchants have filled their caravans to the brim with exotic costumes and masks, mysterious mounts, and other ghastly goods. Preview what's on its way – and plan for your ultimate Witches Festival look – with our latest Crown Store Showcase!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • belacub18_ESO
    belacub18_ESO
    ✭✭
    Awesome stuff, but where is the dark shaman costume? It would match very good to the setting
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! Love what's coming!

BTW when can we have a sneak peak at the Event itself.

please-feel-better-soon.jpg
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Lepidopterans are a sect of Azura cultists who conceal their features with elaborate butterfly masks. These have recently become a fad among the jaded youth of mainland Morrowind

I love this little bit of flavor text. I can see the whole scene -- packs of goth Dunmer teens in their butterfly apparel, they know they're too cool to venerate Almalexia like a square.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I WAS SO AFRAID THE SHADOWGHOST MOUNTS WOULD BE TRAPPED IN CRATES!

It has absolutely, totally made my day that instead I can go broke at buying them at a set price! YES!

Seriously, so glad to see these on the regular crown store rather than trapped in crates!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why are all of the Halloween themed items pulled from the store several days before Halloween?
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff. Such a long wait for my wolf, though. :#
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So the Exorcised Coven Cottage is still going to be available for gold as well as crowns, right?
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Why are all of the Halloween themed items pulled from the store several days before Halloween?

Because they're supposed to be "witches festival" themed items @LonePirate ;)

(it doesn't really make sense, but really, I'm sure that's why)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The description for the Shadowghost Guar seems to be for the pet (mentions following you around and that it's a pony guar... I don't think even the smallest Bosmer could ride comfortably on a pony guar!).

A lot of good offerings! I'll have to get a lot of these. Ripperoni my wallet. Was hoping for a crow pet though. Maybe next month.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointing overall. No good costumes, polymorphs are all retreads from last year. Guess I get to keep saving my crowns.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. I will be getting some of this stuff this month for sure.
    Edited by SirAxen on October 2, 2017 1:46PM
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

It has absolutely, totally made my day that instead I can go broke at buying them at a set price! YES!

Seriously, so glad to see these on the regular crown store rather than trapped in crates!

Well, I have a completely opposite feeling. Since release of the first crown crates, the quality and uniqueness of mounts available for direct purchase have gradually decreased. Previously we had the Frostmare, we had the Dro-m'Athra senche etc. Now we have these boring recolored models while most of the cool, visually original mounts are locked behind the crates.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    MissBizz wrote: »

Well, I have a completely opposite feeling. Since release of the first crown crates, the quality and uniqueness of mounts available for direct purchase have gradually decreased. Previously we had the Frostmare, we had the Dro-m'Athra senche etc. Now we have these boring recolored models while most of the cool, visually original mounts are locked behind the crates.

Eh, I thought the dwemer ones were cool. Would have cashed in the gems from my sweetroll on one, but I had saw these datamined and assumed a "set" was bound for crates. So I'm just happy that I get them... since I won't buy crates.

Other than dwemer (and the secret mounts with them) I've thought most of the Apex mounts were too over the top..

Though in general, yeah, the quality of what is available for direct purchase is generally going downhill, IMO due to crates.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pink hat thing. It is dyeable yes?

Also the cottage - which Khajiit she has Fishmas plans for - it is still also available for gold coins yes?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awesome stuff, but where is the dark shaman costume? It would match very good to the setting

I wanted to ask the same question. Previously I thought they would add this costume to the current Crown Crates since it would also match their theme very well. But well... apparently Zenimax want all of us to look like this if we want to show off our skins/body markings:

Nordic-Bathers-Towel-male-front.jpg

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    The description for the Shadowghost Guar seems to be for the pet (mentions following you around and that it's a pony guar... I don't think even the smallest Bosmer could ride comfortably on a pony guar!).

You are correct! Sorry about that, and nice catch. We're getting it fixed. :)

Also, we identified that we missed a pet (the Shadowghost Pony pet will be sold) so we're getting that added as well. So much fun stuff!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are correct! Sorry about that, and nice catch. We're getting it fixed. :)

Also, we identified that we missed a pet (the Shadowghost Pony pet will be sold) so we're getting that added as well. So much fun stuff!

:open_mouth:

And ma' pony! Beautiful!
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pink hat thing. It is dyeable yes?

Also the cottage - which Khajiit she has Fishmas plans for - it is still also available for gold coins yes?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Yes, it's available for 250K gold during the event if you have the requisite achievement.
    Edited by code65536 on October 2, 2017 1:58PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jliBRAl.png
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw, I was looking forward to the Crow-Heart Skull Sallet. Any idea when/if this will become available?

gp_crwn_hat_crowheartskullsallet_ivt_8045_1x1.jpg
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Aw, I was looking forward to the Crow-Heart Skull Sallet. Any idea when/if this will become available?

There might be some new festival rewards?

Maybe a chance of it appearing there - just speculation though yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yay more crownstore only houses which can't even be filled thanks to slot limitation, pathetic.
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nevermind
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    yay more crownstore only houses which can't even be filled thanks to slot limitation, pathetic.

The house in the showcase can also be bought in game for 250k gold if you have all the achievements of the witches festival.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "There's one last secret brewing. This Frostfall, a rare celestial alignment will occur on Serpent 13 that the most superstitious in Tamriel call “Fatal Fredas." Some believe this day to be a portent of chaos and ill omen. What will it bring this time? None can know for certain, but all are watching and waiting… and so should you!"

Interesting. While Friday the 13th crownstore sales have been a popular feature forever, I don't think we have ever had a prior warning. Does this mean that there is something extra special happening this time? I'm going to be excited for at least 11 days now.
    Edited by Jim_Pipp on October 2, 2017 2:18PM
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I won't be picking them up, I'm really glad ZOS released a VERY COOL cycle of themed mounts this month that aren't in crates.

The shadowghost senche and guar, in particular, look great.

Same with the masks--I got the mask I wanted out (half-skull thing) of crown crates and probably won't go for these, but they look fantastic. Making quality options available for direct purchase is always appreciated.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I won't be picking them up, I'm really glad ZOS released a VERY COOL cycle of themed mounts this month that aren't in crates.

The shadowghost senche and guar, in particular, look great.

Same with the masks--I got the mask I wanted out (half-skull thing) of crown crates and probably won't go for these, but they look fantastic. Making quality options available for direct purchase is always appreciated.

I agree about the masks, I love them a lot!
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

Almost forgot about this. Definitely want this, along with those cool Daemon masks.
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • SpunkDiz
    SpunkDiz
    ✭✭
    Any chance we could get the actual dates of this year's Witches Festival?! And these items look amazing! Can't wait to get my shadowghost senche!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpunkDiz wrote: »
    Any chance we could get the actual dates of this year's Witches Festival?! And these items look amazing! Can't wait to get my shadowghost senche!

According to that written Morrowind guide it's October 13th to November 1.

Keep in mind that written guide had the Midyear mayhem dates wrong... but it was only off by a couple days.