Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Things are getting scary.

• RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SoLooney wrote: »
    d2 really made things bad for end game raiders like me. getting a solid core 12 people to run vmol vhof is painful enough, then they all move on and replacing experienced ppl is a hassle.

not only that, lag is so painful, rubber banding, horrible frames and by that time mechanics killed you. not really fun anymore, cant really say for pvp. all i know is, i will not do bg anymore if cp is a thing

Yeah, people in my trials guild were starting to burn out from running the same content over and over and over, and Destiny 2 came at exactly the right time to take them away from ESO for awhile. I totally get it, but when half your progression group goes MIA, the thought of starting over again with new people is disheartening . I hope things pick up again with Clockwork City.
    NA PS4
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Define "scary"

8voKnpk.jpg
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why the amount of players tally is so secretive - would hurt the game too much if people actually had a figure to show how many have left )

ESO is solid for the PvE play through, once. Repeat it for every character makes it boring but it is needed to level characters, in all the skill trees etc to make the character viable. Mage guild books i have done on 10 characters and i cannot bring myself to do it again, for a new character, it makes me want to not log in.

ESO doesn't cater to playing different builds, unless you sink in massive time re-levelling characters. Even different builds aren't catered for because ZoS overbuffs, nerfs, over buffs, nerfs changing 'too much' and changing a character. After 3 years it should be gradual small tweeking to achieve balance, not over hauls.

ZoS never have addressed Cheating and Exploiting properly. Un-banning players who others took time out to report and gather evidence on lost a lot of solid people who didnt want to invest in Cheating or exploiting to keep up, or deemed what they were/have done as worthless as people just skipped it, like vMOL etc.

ESO has never been competitive, which i think players like to be, either in PvE or PvP. Collusion, cross faction team work, exploiting, leader board rankings were shamed many times.

Little to no presence from the company in forums and its mainly to post meme's. Tag a ZoS employee even and its ignored. Inventory being engineered as problematic to make sub mandatory for any sort of QoL, housing being restricted in the same way, gamble crates with hidden mounts that have the lowest drop rate.

Others can cry RnG but its not Rng if the odds have been manipulated. Running VMA for hundreds of time repeating the same mind numbing content and still not the weapon you were after.

My opinion has always been, keep people farming for the equipment as long as possible as when they get the equipment and start playing they discover the facts above.

I could go on, but why bother. This thread will either be locked/deleted or forgotten about as it shines a bad light on ESO and/or i will be banned from forums again for giving my opinion which shines bad light on ESO for any newcomer reading this.
  • Dreepa
    Dreepa
    ✭✭✭
    They stick to their weird clickfest combat system.. without cooldown.... and they try to make it work... for YEARS now...

I have lost hope that they will realize that there combat system is flawed by CONCEPT.
  • inf.toniceb17_ESO
    inf.toniceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Dreepa wrote: »
    They stick to their weird clickfest combat system.. without cooldown.... and they try to make it work... for YEARS now...

I have lost hope that they will realize that there combat system is flawed by CONCEPT.

I have to agree here. Honestly, I don't think they ever had any combat system concept. From day one it felt like they just threw some things that worked in previous TES games together w/o much thought. Until AC was discovered there was no purpose in light and heavy attacks at all. Then they were used to cancel skill animation, then ZOS realized they need some sort of mechanic and reversed it so skills would cancel LA and HA animation instead. That fact alone means that they had no idea how combat would work. And i don't even mention things like haste and weighted...
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Define "scary"

Would a 'Your Mom' joke be funny or inappropriate?
    c4b8834dc60dd504f287b7a1232bc34e--pandas-south-park.jpg
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing they care nowadays are their crown boxes and costumes.

Rest.. well expect nothing from ZoS. When was the last time they actually commented nor fixed anything regarding PvP? It has been a longtime and silence is the only answer you shall get.

There are PvE bugs floating these forums for months as well and they simply get ignored.

My guilds have lost 50-60% of their active players in recent weeks. This is the first time I have seen anything like it in 2 years of gaming time.

Bulk of the remaining players are not happy campers either with few exceptions.

I actually expect number of players drop even further in forthcoming weeks and ZoS can only blame themselves.

Personally still playing but less and less. Not really bothered and shall see how long will play this.

• billp_ESO
    billp_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they succeeded brilliantly with ESO. So many Morrowind/Skyrim players moaned "if only I could play with a friend".

The game is great at this now. Just play it like a single player game with a friend or two and it can be blast.

The problem is, they had no idea how to make an MMO. No ElderScrolls games had PvP, or raids, or public dungeons, or an auction house, or balance. Nobody really cared that one build wasn't as good as another, since you can only play one at a time anyway. Sure, some could be a lot stronger than others, but so what? You're the only player in the game anyway.

The minute they tried to make a multi-player competitive game, they lost their way.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvPers are getting bored with the game. Fighting Tanky zergs on the way to tear down and rebuild the same keeps over and over again for two years. It's just not fun for them any more.

PvEers are quitting. The sustain nerfs from morrowind have forced people to wear gear and play a style they never really wanted to play. So they don't. It's just not fun anymore.

Then the people like me that are left are struggling to put a group togeather to do anything because the first two left. So we're running pug groups just for something to do. Thats fine for here and there, but when it's all I do it gets boring too. So I end up shutting off the game earlier and earlier every day. Because it's just not fun anymore.

Like I said, things are getting scary

Those that left due to the sustain nerfs have already left. It has been almost 6 months.

Beyond that it is easy to say players are leaving, but players leave MMOs constantly from the first month they are released and new players come into the fold. It is a constant process and yes, that process gradually reduces the total number of players over time from day one.

However, the game still has a solid player base in PvE and PvP. One has to remember in PvP that Zos has, for some odd reason, kept open those campaigns from the PvP event and we also have BGs which is taking some of the players out of Cyrodiil.

PvE is still solid. Also, Cyrodiil has been open for business for almost 3.5 years.

What is probably more annoying to players is the constant re-gearing every 3 months due to the heavy handed changes Zos makes with each update and the rough RNG with farming that gear. At least half of that will be improved in the next few weeks with re-traiting, though Zos has yet to learn how to manage the game overall.
    Edited by idk on October 1, 2017 3:44PM
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dreepa wrote: »

they know this.
    the whole system is only in place because at first, eso was build as a wow clone with auto attacks and all that stuff.
    they had to change the whole system mid-development and it didnt go well. they cant fix it.
  • Mickydanz
    Mickydanz
    ✭✭✭
    Please make Pvp have better rewards, its the only thing I do. And all I get is rewards of the "***" - change the entire emperor system and fix the existing bugs. Give me a carrot to chase that isn't just grinding AP its getting old fast.
    Cropsford Mayor
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't agree with that at all. The game is great. Glitches and bugs sure, not even a question there. But, he things that are ruining it for most are changes that were made for reasons no player really understands or wanted.

If it was a bad game none of us would have been playing for years. It wasn't till they made it a bad game.

• Noisivid
    Noisivid
    ✭✭✭✭
    "First, we’ve seen some of you mention that Petrify is more appealing than Stonefist since it’s more reliable. To help address this, we’ll be decreasing the melee range for Petrify so it covers a slightly smaller area – this will also make it slightly harder to apply to the enemy to make up for the increased power level of Petrify."

This is from Wrobels post in the PTS Dragonknight Feedback thread. Basically people use Petrify over Stonefist "because it's more reliable" so they're going to nerf Petrify. Nothing to do with Petrify itself, it's not that Petrify is overperforming.

I don't think the combat dev team has any overall concept for combat in ESO. So we get changes like this and the bad decisions compound.

edited for spelling
    Edited by Noisivid on October 1, 2017 5:50PM
    Vogon Poet Laureate
  • Getern
    Getern
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how much impact it had for real. But everything started to going into wrong direction after Paul Sage left Zeni.

Coincidence?
    Noisivid wrote: »
    "First, we’ve seen some of you mention that Petrify is more appealing than Stonefist since it’s more reliable. To help address this, we’ll be decreasing the melee range for Petrify so it covers a slightly smaller area – this will also make it slightly harder to apply to the enemy to make up for the increased power level of Petrify."

This is from Wrobels post in the PTS Dragonknight Feedback thread. Basically people use Petrify over Stonefist "because it's more reliable" so they're going to nerf Petrify. Nothing to do with Petrify itself, it's not that Petrify is overperforming.

I don't thing the combat dev team has any overall concept for combat in ESO. So we get changes like this and the bad decisions compound.

This is nothing new, it was already known since 1,5 years now. There is not a single person from Zenimax playing their game.
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Those that left due to the sustain nerfs have already left. It has been almost 6 months.

Beyond that it is easy to say players are leaving, but players leave MMOs constantly from the first month they are released and new players come into the fold. It is a constant process and yes, that process gradually reduces the total number of players over time from day one.

However, the game still has a solid player base in PvE and PvP. One has to remember in PvP that Zos has, for some odd reason, kept open those campaigns from the PvP event and we also have BGs which is taking some of the players out of Cyrodiil.

PvE is still solid. Also, Cyrodiil has been open for business for almost 3.5 years.

What is probably more annoying to players is the constant re-gearing every 3 months due to the heavy handed changes Zos makes with each update and the rough RNG with farming that gear. At least half of that will be improved in the next few weeks with re-traiting, though Zos has yet to learn how to manage the game overall.

I'm not telling you why I "think" they're leaving. I'm telling you the reasons they "said" they're leaving. As boring as grinding is, it isn't the reason any of them gave.
    Edited by Eyesinthedrk on October 1, 2017 5:04PM
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    It really is a dull game once you reach endgame. PvP has no sense of progression, it's essentially "biggest group wins" and the only really reason to go to Cyro seems to be getting AP for motifs to resell. PvE is alive to an extent, but the drive for vet content seems to have disappeared. Combat was fun before Morrowind, now it's all micromanaging and giving yourself carpal tunnel practicing rotations if you want to have a snowball's chance in hell of completing vet trials.

New players still have the new-game hype in their system. There's story content left to do, new places to go, but veteran players don't have that outside of the few hours of new we get from DLCs. Beyond that, it's just an endless grind that goes nowhere.

lol welcome to MMOs. These games are a hobby. A time waster that lets you escape RL for a little while.

Goes nowhere? Where do you expect it to go?

1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    Hey there everyone! While we appreciate constructive feedback, this thread has been a bit off-topic. Because of this we are closing this thread down.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.