Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Plague Husk Horse issue

TorricCaelum
TorricCaelum
✭✭
Not sure if im posting this in the right location or if this is a bug or intended but the plague husk horse looks completely different when used as a mount and placed at a house. I love it either way but i wish the mount version looked like the one you place at your house.

Made a support ticket. Not sure if this will help but the number is #170928-002087

while mounted
4OxF0ah.jpg

While placed at the house. here you can see locusts coming out of the horse and green drool coming out as well as a black spot affect. even the green flames are bigger. I was informed the preview version is also this look. I can confirm myself the preview version looks like the one at my house.
MKWMEOn.jpg

There is a fix! If you hide mount upgrades you'll see the mount as intended.thanks for those that found the fix.
Edited by TorricCaelum on September 28, 2017 8:16PM
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working as intended :|
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
    Options
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Has the coolest mount we all wanted and then complains -.-
    Options
  • TorricCaelum
    TorricCaelum
    ✭✭

You'd complain too if you saw at your house looking amazing and then ride it and it looks different D= maybe my horse just doesnt like me lol
    Edited by TorricCaelum on September 28, 2017 6:47PM
    Options
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try to press space bar while you are motionless to see if you can proc the effect xD might be its rearing animation
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
    Options
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He does have a point though. It looks a bit underwhelming in the top screenshot IMO.

Options
  • TorricCaelum
    TorricCaelum
    ✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    Try to press space bar while you are motionless to see if you can proc the effect xD might be its rearing animation

Did that and there is a small effect but still nothing like the house or preview affects it gets.
    Edited by TorricCaelum on September 28, 2017 6:58PM
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm. Preview and actual mounted horse is quite different. Preview (and house placement) has all sorts of additional effects. Mounted version loses most of those effects.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
    Options
  • TorricCaelum
    TorricCaelum
    ✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    Can confirm. Preview and actual mounted horse is quite different. Preview (and house placement) has all sorts of additional effects. Mounted version loses most of those effects.

You're right I didn't even know you could look at the preview version. That version looks just like the one at my house.
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You're right I didn't even know you could look at the preview version. That version looks just like the one at my house.

A lot of the people going crazy for the Plague Horse here on the forums are basing it off the preview. I hope they don't spend too much money trying to get it--it is not as advertised.
    Invictus
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Invictus

Options
  • TorricCaelum
    TorricCaelum
    ✭✭

A lot of the people going crazy for the Plague Horse here on the forums are basing it off the preview. I hope they don't spend too much money trying to get it--it is not as advertised.

Yeah this is the one mount I wanted and it honestly is a little underwhelming as a mount when you compare it to the house or preview look. I'm hoping it's a bug and just gets fixed. @ZOS_GinaBruno do you know if you could help us get some insight on this?
    Edited by TorricCaelum on September 28, 2017 7:02PM
    Options
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should definitely look like the one in housing, when riding it... That is ridiculous. :(

The special ebon dwarven senche mount had a somewhat similar problem, as the reins would show in housing, but then disappear when riding it. It looked really silly. They did fix it though, so hopefully they will fix this too.

What a bummer to finally get the thing you are looking for, and have it not work properly. :/
    ->--Willow--<-
    Options
  • TorricCaelum
    TorricCaelum
    ✭✭
    Livvy wrote: »
    This should definitely look like the one in housing, when riding it... That is ridiculous. :(

The special ebon dwarven senche mount had a somewhat similar problem, as the reins would show in housing, but then disappear when riding it. It looked really silly. They did fix it though, so hopefully they will fix this too.

What a bummer to finally get the thing you are looking for, and have it not work properly. :/

Well I'm glad to hear they fixed that one and I hope the same will happen to this one cause the house version truly is amazing.
    Options
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm actualy standing right in front ofone right now, and he loks exactly from what you have at your place, maybe it's a bug seing your own mount
    Options
  • TorricCaelum
    TorricCaelum
    ✭✭
    Insandros wrote: »
    I'm actualy standing right in front ofone right now, and he loks exactly from what you have at your place, maybe it's a bug seing your own mount

@Livvy was just next to me and was also at my house and saw what I saw. Two completely different looking horses.

My gf as well did the same and they looked different on her screen and she has graphics at max so it's not that either.
    Edited by TorricCaelum on September 28, 2017 7:42PM
    Options
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭

@Livvy was just next to me and was also at my house and saw what I saw. Two completely different looking horses.

My gf as well did the same and they looked different on her screen and she has graphics at max so it's not that either.

It sucks then :(

Wel he's how i seem them online.
    mediafire.com/view/l5049lch4210yv9/Screenshot_20170928_155123.jpg#
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It sucks then :(

Wel he's how i seem them online.
    mediafire.com/view/l5049lch4210yv9/Screenshot_20170928_155123.jpg#

That is how it should look. Mine definitely doesn't look like that. I have the issue OP is having. Other people I've shown in game have confirmed that the mounted variant is different than previewed (no animations).
    Edited by Kilandros on September 28, 2017 7:56PM
    Invictus

Options
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you have the speed/stamina/storage training effects visible on your mounts? Maybe they take up the same slot on the back end of things.

Reason I ask is because the house display and the preview display don't show the training additions when viewed.
    Edited by Alpheu5 on September 28, 2017 7:57PM
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
    Options
  • Blazedont
    Blazedont
    ✭✭
    You need to be happy..
    Money is everything
    Options
  • TorricCaelum
    TorricCaelum
    ✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    Do you have the speed/stamina/storage training effects visible on your mounts? Maybe they take up the same slot on the back end of things.

Reason I ask is because the house display and the preview display don't show the training additions when viewed.

I just logged on a character that has all 3 maxed just to see if that was the issue. The horse looked the exact same on that character. Without the affects. So it's not that either.
    Options
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭

I just logged on a character that has all 3 maxed just to see if that was the issue. The horse looked the exact same on that character. Without the affects. So it's not that either.

do a test, drop particules to 0 ingame video config, then up to maxed. If particules is set to merely 0, you wont for sure see smokes and moving, living particules... of not, i dunno what the issue is :(
    Edited by Insandros on September 28, 2017 8:09PM
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

GOOD CALL. Hiding the mount upgrades results in the animations showing for me and everyone else. Weird.
    Invictus

Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Go into Gameplay and manually turn those off. It worked for me.
    Invictus

Options
  • TorricCaelum
    TorricCaelum
    ✭✭

do a test, drop particules to 0 ingame video config, then up to maxed. If particules is set to merely 0, you wont for sure see smokes and moving, living particules... of not, i dunno what the issue is :(

Hiding the mount upgrades indeed work. Good find and thank you guys for trying to figure this out.
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hiding the mount upgrades indeed work. Good find and thank you guys for trying to figure this out.

Yes great call @Alpheu5 ! Thanks!
    Invictus

Options