The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please Just.....

Mordors
Mordors
✭✭✭
0XtPjwN.png

f29.png
There is no reason to have 8 damn mag sorcs in the trial groups again just saying
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a reason to run that set over the other current offerings? 2pc crit chance that exists in other sets and thay10k every 10 seconds = 1000 extra DPS before crit.

Skoria procs more and you don't have to aim.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Mordors
    Mordors
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Is there a reason to run that set over the other current offerings? 2pc crit chance that exists in other sets and thay10k every 10 seconds = 1000 extra DPS before crit.

Skoria procs more and you don't have to aim.

This is not about reasons i'm just pointing... the thought behind these sets are just ridiculous

atm of the time being i don't also see running these sets but they are made and there is no balance in em if we just dont point these out it will be the same [snip] again 8 mag sorcs in trials...

[Edited to remove profanity masking]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on November 5, 2017 8:58PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I probably sound like a broken record (For them youngsters around here: Record = Old big black CDs) but there's a common thread of blatant Sorc love that has permeated this game since early beta ...
    dead_horse.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on September 28, 2017 6:36PM
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Theoretical vs. practical application has always provided valuable insight.

Remember when everybody was going to be using the 2h ultimate and the destro ult wasn't worth slotting over meteor?

Remember when Shieldbreaker was going to make magsorcs extinct?

Remember when making Dawnbreaker deal physical damage meant that magicka classes wouldn't use it anymore?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why would i want a charge that goes to the closest enemy and damages AOE line in between? Seems like the odds of multi-hits are slim?

Stun wont matter against boss but then unless adds all gone the boss is unlikely to be the main one.

gotta say, better 5pc results than that already in play so why would i bother with this?

they added two "meh" sets..
    Alert the media!!!
    Light the signal fires!!!
    Get that Paul guy on his horse!!!
    And somebody wake up ***!

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stamina one is not bad : it's 12k damage on 15s cooldown, and you don't need to focus a target.

The magicka one is 10k for 10s and you need to focus the target.

One is more PvP oriented, the other is more PvE oriented.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you actually test the Mad Tinkerer set? It can't even hit a stationary target dummy...

Also this made me LOL:
    SirAndy wrote: »
    I probably sound like a broken record (For them youngsters around here: Record = Old Big Black CDs)
    Edited by Tyrobag on September 28, 2017 6:55PM
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stamina one is much better, unavoidable, sustain pressure, while mad tinkerer is just really easy to dodge. DId you even tried them.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm still trying to understand why they added more proc sets?. didn't we just crawl out of the proc sets nightmare meta?.
    Edited by Lucky28 on September 28, 2017 7:13PM
    Invictus
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw Alcast test that charging set and it was having a hard time hitting mobs. It seemed like ti missed more times than it hit the mobs. A huge boss in trials might be different becasue of hitbox.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tinker sucks. Watch it hit invisible walls

Bruh
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    Sorc hate.

For some reason the phone version of the forums like to remove half My posts. But sorc is not top in pve atm. Still good but no need to cry for nerfs on the forum at all.
    Edited by Jawasa on September 28, 2017 8:08PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jawasa wrote: »
    Sorc hate.

For some reason the phone version of the forums like to remove half My posts. But sorc is not top in pve atm. Still good but no need to cry for nerfs on the forum at all.

Pssst. We need a goad for our witch hunt.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ...That's supposed to be an example of devs' inconditional love for magicka sorcs?
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And now please compare Vicious Ophidian and Twice Fanged Snake with their Magicka counterparts. I'll wait for the Magicka love to show.

Also, the set probably looks just as good on paper as Flame Blossom. And we know how OP that one turned out to be.
    Edited by Feanor on September 29, 2017 7:46AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    i'm still trying to understand why they added more proc sets?. didn't we just crawl out of the proc sets nightmare meta?.

recycling of npc animation(e.g. oh the animation looks cool lets make an useless set out of it) and they are really bad with ideas for sets
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I found a use for Tinkerer, 1st two trash pulls in VHRC and the zerg before Manti in VSO! Possibly Ogre trash waves in MOL too if you stand back far enough.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »

recycling of npc animation(e.g. oh the animation looks cool lets make an useless set out of it) and they are really bad with ideas for sets

Yep. Less crappy proc sets please. Or at least fix Ice Furnace first.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Why would i want a charge that goes to the closest enemy and damages AOE line in between? Seems like the odds of multi-hits are slim?

Stun wont matter against boss but then unless adds all gone the boss is unlikely to be the main one.

gotta say, better 5pc results than that already in play so why would i bother with this?

they added two "meh" sets..
    Alert the media!!!
    Light the signal fires!!!
    Get that Paul guy on his horse!!!
    And somebody wake up ***!

I am sorry but i sometimes find amusing what filters screen out and such but it filtering out the name of that character from Aliens is Hilarious.

And i say that as a proud southern-born NASCAR-American!

:D
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last I checked, 4 x 4k was more than 10k.

They're both single target (with a wild chance of multiples on the first one, if they happen to step in the way), and they both average out to ~1k dps.

It's Flame Blossoum with a bad AI attached.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lets see you come up with a new set bonus that isn't a proc and isn't just a repetition of and existing "adds X stats" set, and somehow make it useful but not OP. Then once you've done that, remember that ZoS has to make a minimum of three every time they release a new dlc.

Proc sets are interesting sets that make a fun way to play the game, and the only option other than boring sets that just add a value to your raw stats. ZoS isn't going to stop making new armor because a minority of players hates diversity and is whining about every new gear set.

If you don't like proc sets, don't use them.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »

Lets see you come up with a new set bonus that isn't a proc and isn't just a repetition of and existing "adds X stats" set, and somehow make it useful but not OP. Then once you've done that, remember that ZoS has to make a minimum of three every time they release a new dlc.

Proc sets are interesting sets that make a fun way to play the game, and the only option other than boring sets that just add a value to your raw stats. ZoS isn't going to stop making new armor because a minority of players hates diversity and is whining about every new gear set.

Proc sets are mostly only good for RPing:
    They can't crit so they are not really ideal for endgame pve (with the exception to monster sets since you have 2 free slots and they normally provide the most damage) and for pvp we already had an unplayable proc meta for the last 6 month no one really wants that again so most sets are now with counter to them so they are now also meh in pvp.

If they didn't want to waste the animation they could easy make a new skill line for them.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They can't crit so they are not really ideal for endgame pve (with the exception to monster sets since you have 2 free slots and they normally provide the most damage) and for pvp we already had an unplayable proc meta for the last 6 month no one really wants that again so most sets are now with counter to them so they are now also meh in pvp.

If they didn't want to waste the animation they could easy make a new skill line for them.

I'm not hearing a solution for 27 interesting new armor sets that fit a DLC's theme each year. That's 3 drop sets and 3 crafted sets for the yearly normal DLC, 6 drop sets for both yearly dungeon DLCs, as well as 6 drop sets and 3 crafted sets for the yearly chapter(assuming that there is a trial or dungeon present).
    Edited by Tyrobag on September 29, 2017 1:39PM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not at all sorc love, for once.

In 30s.

Crow does 8x 4000 and is auto single target.

Fabricant does 3x 10000 and is difficult to line up.

Neither useful for PvE DPS, but fabricant is awful to line up in PvP making it useless. i.e. all those people using flameblossom lmao. Crows might work for pressure.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    And now please compare Vicious Ophidian and Twice Fanged Snake with their Magicka counterparts. I'll wait for the Magicka love to show.

Also, the set probably looks just as good on paper as Flame Blossom. And we know how OP that one turned out to be.

To be fair, they ninjanerfed flameblossom. In that it stays still for 1s like velidreth. Velidreth was strong in its prime too, so fb would've been good.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2) Max Magicka

3) Spell Critical

4) Spell Penetration

5) +150 Spell damage; +x% critical damage to any enemy upon which you have a DoT active against

No procs. Requires a rotation and a specific targeted opponent to get maximum use.
  • Nolic1
    Nolic1
    ✭✭✭

2) Max Magicka

3) Spell Critical

4) Spell Penetration

5) +150 Spell damage; +x% critical damage to any enemy upon which you have a DoT active against

No procs. Requires a rotation and a specific targeted opponent to get maximum use.

That is an OP set for ether PvE and PvP setting it above all other sets in use and there for is above the games set bonus of design that why this set would never be added its to op.
    Sherman from Sherman's Gaming

Youtube content creator that is dedicated to the Casual and Roleplay community for News, Lets Talks, Guides, Help and character builds.

Youtube channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nolic1 wrote: »

2) Max Magicka

3) Spell Critical

4) Spell Penetration

That is an OP set for ether PvE and PvP setting it above all other sets in use and there for is above the games set bonus of design that why this set would never be added its to op.

How do you know that it is op? You know that x is not given and could be anything for 0% to 1000000000% or even more and can be used to balance that set?

I'm not hearing a solution for 27 interesting new armor sets that fit a DLC's theme each year. That's 3 drop sets and 3 crafted sets for the yearly normal DLC, 6 drop sets for both yearly dungeon DLCs, as well as 6 drop sets and 3 crafted sets for the yearly chapter(assuming that there is a trial or dungeon present).

They have per dlc probably more than 6 month time and you telling me it is really so hard to think about ideas of 6 sets in this time?
    For example almost all support sets are extremely poor and the community has already given them already some suggestion that could be used as basis and just fit the theme around it. (e.g. healer set that provides dds more crit call it mechanical vision, or a tanks set that would everyone give the same damage debuff as blade cloak in trials+dungeons call it mechanical something.... ). Or you could just take an good old set and change it alittle(e.g burning spellweave for magic, frost, lightning damage..).
    It is really not so hard to think about an interesting 5 piece bonus.
    - Update 23
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    Nolic1 wrote: »

2) Max Magicka

3) Spell Critical

4) Spell Penetration

2) max magicka
    3) spell critical
    4) spell damage
    5) Gain a 20% chance to summon a flame atronach to fight by your side for 6sec. While active the flame attack deals 2700 flame damage in an 8m radius every 1.5 sec for 5 seconds. When the effect ends if a status effect is active the atronach explodes dealing 4500 flame damage to all enemies in a 10m radius.
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    2)max stamina
    3)physical penetration
    4)weaopon critical
    5) you have a 15% chance while dealing physical damage to summon a dwarven centurion to fight by your side for 8s. While active the centurions whirlwind attack deals 2000 physical damage every 2s for 6s in a 10m radius. When the effect ends the centurion performs a mighty swing knocking back all opponents in a 15m radius