The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Raising the Transmutation Cap From 200 to 250

• Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    STEVIL wrote: »
    agree in principle that cap should be keyed to 5 re-traits if a cap needs to exist at all.
    Why discourage you from running the "content you are already running" after you hit X crystals?

well i understand that there's a cap at all,m since you could be retraiting all your gear at once which would lead to content not beeing repeated at all.

I'd love to see them raise the cap a little bit to maybe 200 non sub and 300 for subs.

this would allow subs to transmorg ~65% of their gear if its neccessary (which i doubt will ever be the case), and non subs still can transmorg 5 items, which is approx. 50% of the gear they have.

This seems to be fair game for all, even IF you see a huge transmorgphase upcoming, getting ESO+ for 1 month to stack up to 300 and then unsub again isnt that bad of a deal imo.

Ok so a question... How did you re trait all your gear at once without redo content?

You are forced to redo content to get all your gear retraited if necessary, and that's ok.
    Does it matter if I redo for crystals ABC times o get 201-400 during Jan Feb March vs April May June cuz the cap just delays, does not increase.

If anything, it promotes stopping redo after you hit cap and waiting til you use them, esp with crystals not being traded during group BOP trade window.

imo thats something they'd need to work on.
    When i get to 200 Crytalls and there's nothing to retrait the Geodes or the Crytalls you'd get will be waisted, that needs a option to get them and sell them to a NPC for example.
    Maybe sell 20 Crystalls for 5 Writvouchers or so.

I know I would be hard pressed to hit the cap, but I would like the trade for writ vouchers idea if I did because not having the craft bag makes master writs insane to do. as it just clogs my bank and characters with materials.

I think the craft bag should be a basic feature of the game considering how much of a grind they made that with the material amounts required and default stacks being only 200 of any one item, especially after housing made every item you craft for your house seem to take enough materials to build your own house just to make a small chair.