The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

pvp stamblade needs some love...

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Medium needs attention. Its so sad to see that stamblades are the only ones that can use medium. Stam wardens probably could because Shimmering Shield is really good, but they can do better in heavy, so why bother.
    Every stam class preform better in heavy even stamblades are better off running heavy.

I wrote "can use", not should use. Some NBs still use medium and they can make it work, is there another class that does that?
    Yea stamwarden but they kinda OP they can make anything work.Like you said they preform better in heavy same with a stamblade they will preform better in heavy.You can make it work on any class doesn't mean it's good.

I disagree about stamblade performing better in heavy. I think stamblade is easier and more forgiving in heavy, but for a lot of reasons they lack great synergy. it basically comes down to the dodge-vigor-cloak heal combo that resets fights prevents some heavy passives from getting full benefit as well as roll dodge being much less costly in at least 5 medium.

Furthermore, since stamblade works well with several crafted sets you can easily boost your resists by running reinforced heavy chest
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Medium needs attention. Its so sad to see that stamblades are the only ones that can use medium. Stam wardens probably could because Shimmering Shield is really good, but they can do better in heavy, so why bother.
    Every stam class preform better in heavy even stamblades are better off running heavy.

I wrote "can use", not should use. Some NBs still use medium and they can make it work, is there another class that does that?
    Yea stamwarden but they kinda OP they can make anything work.Like you said they preform better in heavy same with a stamblade they will preform better in heavy.You can make it work on any class doesn't mean it's good.

I disagree about stamblade performing better in heavy. I think stamblade is easier and more forgiving in heavy, but for a lot of reasons they lack great synergy. it basically comes down to the dodge-vigor-cloak heal combo that resets fights prevents some heavy passives from getting full benefit as well as roll dodge being much less costly in at least 5 medium.

Furthermore, since stamblade works well with several crafted sets you can easily boost your resists by running reinforced heavy chest
    It's not just about the resistance you get from heavy,While use dodge roll is cheaper in meduim why dodge when I have reduce block cost and just block it and dodge when I need to.Look at all the undodgable attacks.Also the increase to heal also pretty good.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, see... when has "dodge-vigor-cloak" ever worked against even a semi-competent opponent?

Here's the usual experience:
    First your dodge roll doesn't prevent any dmg, then you cast vigor - maybe roll dodge again since you're locked in a GCD from Vigor cast and again take all the undodgeable dmg while in dodge animation, then you cloak & your opponent who's spamming volatile armor, sweeps or just uses det pot instantly pops you out of it and you're back in square one, if not dead.

Heavy armor? Heavy armor doesn't need to do any of that - you can just take hits & outheal them and block if necessary while pressuring your opponent. You can even cloak more often thanks to Constitution.

There is no question which armor type is better for NB (or any class) at the moment.

Also, I don't see a situation where you'd rather have Reinforced on chest (1% dmg reduction) vs Impenetrable (4% crit dmg reduction), the math doesn't add up.
    Edited by DDuke on September 25, 2017 9:46PM
  • Wikter_Bravo
    Wikter_Bravo
    ✭✭✭
    Stam blade is ok, high burst and good sustain. Buffing medium though would be a good idea, shift away from the heavy armour meta.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The thing with heavy armor is that you don't have to fully rely on cloak and dodgeroll. Don't get me wrong, I think that cloak and dodgeroll are very powerful (cloak is even a bit too strong in my opinion) but it just doesn't work as soon as you get countered, which sucks because there is no counter to these counterabilities on medium armor.

Maybe it's even time to forget about bow at all and go dual wield/snb with heavy armor and speed pots, 5-5-2 builds are too gud.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A major overhaul of the armour lines would be needed.

LA: Highest damage in the game, but low survivability to offset this (tackling shield stacking and giving Sorcs another defensive tool would be needed though)

MA: Less damage than LA, but much higher survival

HA: No damage at all (remove/rework Wrath and all the HA sets that stack weapon damage through getting hit), but highest survival

I think it's really stupid HA has so few downsides and LA only works with shields or S&B builds.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Learn how to play the game without proc sets..