The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

pvp stamblade needs some love...

Trashs1
Trashs1
✭✭✭
after the nervs of procsets stamblade got weaker and weaker..

my stamblade is in comparation to my magsorc or magdk weak. she dies when an enemy looks at her too fast... maybe buff medium? there is alredy a topic about ideas
Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, whisper me in game EU server .. ill show u how wrong you are.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »
    LOL, whisper me in game EU server .. ill show u how wrong you are.

than tell me your @ name plz
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    Disagreed, stamblade is alright even for basic hunding + spriggan setups. The asylum 2h will be a further buff. Probably the only class who synergises with med armour passives to the full. People keeping streaming stamblade further proves the point.
    Edited by nCats on September 25, 2017 9:21AM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    medium armor is bad.
    stamblade is good.

that most builds do better when switching from light/medium to heavy is a problem the devs should adress though.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    than im maybe the worst player.... i was good with viper now im average at best... i run heavy stamblade now because of how squishy she is
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You on crack?
    Edited by Brrrofski on September 25, 2017 9:40AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    than im maybe the worst player.... i was good with viper now im average at best... i run heavy stamblade now because of how squishy she is
    This comment goes to show why the nerf/buff threads may not always get listened to.

Sometimes it's changes in the meta which someone hasn't caught up with being the issue and not the class being bad.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres rly nothing wrong with stamblade as a class(apart from poor selfhealing by default), however stamblade is very tuned to wear medium armor and that playstyle, its just that medium armor is very weak right now, and rly has been for a while now due to how much dmg is undodgeable etc.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    You on crack?

really construktiv post
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Theres rly nothing wrong with stamblade as a class(apart from poor selfhealing by default), however stamblade is very tuned to wear medium armor and that playstyle, its just that medium armor is very weak right now, and rly has been for a while now due to how much dmg is undodgeable etc.

There is really no downside to straightup equipping heavy though.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a l2p issue.
    PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    You on crack?

really construktiv post

Why does such a ridiculous thread deserve more?

You're moaning about not being able to effectively play what has for as long as I can remember, been a top 3 class. That's your problem.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    medium armor is bad.
    stamblade is good.

that most builds do better when switching from light/medium to heavy is a problem the devs should adress though.

just go ravager + legion and BS and start killing everyone with 6.5k wd (Heavy armor ofc) xd
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was good with viper now im average at best...

No offense meant, but that's the root of the problem. If you needed 3k free burst every 4 seconds to succeed, then it's not a problem with the class. A lot of people stacked 3 damage proc sets and felt like the greatest players. Now that's no longer so easy people think the class is to blame. It's not.

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • EdTerra
    EdTerra
    ✭✭✭
    after the nervs of procsets stamblade got weaker and weaker..
    you said it all.
    90% of stamblade was strong last patches only because of proc sets, it was completly OP and stamblades didn't need skill anymore, they are used to play easy mod, now they just need skill again and that's why it seem hard for many of them

I know what it is to be nerfed to the ground and stamblades are clearly not in this situation

Edited by EdTerra on September 25, 2017 1:51PM
    [EU] AD - Erdril v16 N(oo)B | AR40
    [NA] EP - Erdril NB

Still a solo player in this zergfest

Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXPJv3O6DC5ZYECfF3-rQ-Q
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade isn't bad just meduim is weak as hell.Its funny meduim armor stamblade is the weakest dueling spec but heaby armor stamblade really good I'm duels.

Switch to heavy way better than any meduim armor build you could think of.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After the removal of viper Magicka is now becoming the Meta in PvP, where as stamina is doing better in PvE
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Medium is weak, yes. Yet Stam NB is still crushing it in PvP. So just how strong is stamblade? Makes you think.

I get carved up on my stamplar in medium. Yet my NB is so slippery I can just hit and run and destroy people 1 by 1. On my stamplar, I can kill people easy but as soon as a few are on you it's game over.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamnb is really strong.
    It's the only stamina spec that can use medium armor in open world mostly because of cloak and shade.
    Also stamnb has a very easy burst rota, Ambush+Suprise attack+ heavy attack is often enough to kill light armor targets who didn't use shields.

With incap, assassin's will and Suprise attack you can kill even heavy armor tanks with 30k health in 2 seconds.

Fear is right now hands down the best cc in their game nothing comes close to an 3 enemy aoe cc that goes through block and applies minor maim and a 52% snare.

It's so easy to kill enemies on a stamblade, the difficulty using a stamnb is to survive with it long enough but even that can be learned in 2 weeks.

Stamnb doesn't need any buffs.

Medium armor needs a buff and undodgeable skills need some nerfs especially Birds
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just need to make undodgeable skills, casted/channeled skills (can be the length of animation of the birds as an example) and then also interrupt-able. Then at least there is a tradeoff
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade is really, really strong, but with a few contingencies. You need to maintain good positioning and you need to not get marked/detect pot at the wrong time.

No matter how good you are at stamblade, if you're marked, solo, in an outnumbered situation and can't kill the person who marked you or disengage then you're in trouble.

Stamblade needs nice stam regen and adequate magika regen. Unlike other stam specs, if you're out of magika then you're on your back foot and likely going to die if you can't pull a quick combo and relive some pressure

Edited by Lexxypwns on September 25, 2017 3:34PM
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade is great. Like others have said, it actually goes well with medium armor, though I agree medium armor needs some love.

I never cared for the heavy armor meta as a stamblade.

I also agree with lexxypwns that a stamblade needs good resources in not just stamina but also magicka, which does make us have to adjust how we are setup, but having a passive that increases regen for all sources helps.

I played with Selenes for a brief time but never really cared for proc sets like viper. Tried it one time and saw it was rediculously OP. I also prefer straight up numbers more than "chance". I want my skill and play style to cause me to win, not a lucky proc.

Sure there has been direct nerfs to the class. Heck even nerfs that affected everyone sometimes hit NB the hardest, but the class still performs well.

I don't agree that the class is easy to play for beginners comparatively speaking. But that's perspective. Ganking is easy, but open world and learning how to actually engage multiple targets at once is a different story. It's honestly why so many people complain about cloak. To many "not so good NB's" out there that fail at open world and they cloak away to retreat and never to be seen again lol.

Sounds like the OP is going to just have to find a good groove and practice without those proc sets. Practice makes perfect.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    unless all of u now think im a complete noob.. it istn.. im also running heavy now since the results are much better...

but i agree medium needs a buff
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unless all of u now think im a complete noob.. it istn.. im also running heavy now since the results are much better...

Not all of us think your a noob you just have to relearn how to setup your burst again and work on your survivability.All that take time keep trying and you will get it.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medium needs attention. Its so sad to see that stamblades are the only ones that can use medium. Stam wardens probably could because Shimmering Shield is really good, but they can do better in heavy, so why bother.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Medium needs attention. Its so sad to see that stamblades are the only ones that can use medium. Stam wardens probably could because Shimmering Shield is really good, but they can do better in heavy, so why bother.
    Every stam class preform better in heavy even stamblades are better off running heavy.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    Every stam class preform better in heavy even stamblades are better off running heavy.

I wrote "can use", not should use. Some NBs still use medium and they can make it work, is there another class that does that?
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the sorry state of medium armor though. Or the way-too-good state of heavy
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's just a learning curve to adjust to differing burst windows. With viper or stacked proc sets you used to be able to put out insane burst fairly often, adding a lot of damage to your combo.

Now, you need better positioning, target prioritization, and timing. It doesn't make you bad because you haven't adjusted to changes yet after learning a specific playstyle so well.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »

I wrote "can use", not should use. Some NBs still use medium and they can make it work, is there another class that does that?
    Yea stamwarden but they kinda OP they can make anything work.Like you said they preform better in heavy same with a stamblade they will preform better in heavy.You can make it work on any class doesn't mean it's good.